Configuration thoughts

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

C. L. John

Configuration thoughts

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi every one, after reading the configuration guide and having a tight budget I configured the following hardware on my 2009 MacPro. Bought form macvidcards a GTX470 and had it pared with the GT120, added 16GB of RAM and a 512GB M4 crucial SSD along with a decklink SDI i/o card for my BM smart view monitor.
So far so good, the down side is I'm still using V8.2... Anyway, I'm only grading cinemaDNG materials (2K) and with out any notes I get 10FPS for play out. I've tried lowering the playback res, but nothing changes, adding notes playback drops to 5FPS. What should I do? Get rid of the GT120 and replace it with another GTX470? get rid of the 470 and get a faster one? Any thought will be appreciated!
kind regards
John

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Configuration thoughts

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

Send your Mac System Profile .spx file, and a Resolve CaptureLogs .tgz file to davincihelp (AT) blackmagicdesign (DOT) com and we can take a look to try and determine what's going on. Please reference this thread in the email so we know what it relates to.

For the .spx file, click on the Apple icon in the upper left of the display and select "About This Mac". Then click on More Info and then System Report. In the System Information menus at the top of the display, select the File menu, then Save.

For the .tgz file, open a Finder window, and navigate to the /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve folder and double click CaptureLogs. That will place a .tgz file on your desktop.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

C. L. John

Re: Configuration thoughts

PostSat Dec 01, 2012 11:42 am

Thanks Dwaine, all details sent.

Return to DaVinci Resolve