DaVinci Resolve 13 | Big Feature Request List(s)

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jaredhoy

Re: DaVinci Resolve 13 | Big Feature Request List(s)

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 11:51 pm

I have a list in my office, mostly desirable changes to the edit tab but here's a few off the top of my head:

Timeline specific resolutions, instead of project wide. (For example, just had to finish an indie at resolution 2.39 domestic AND 1.78 for foreign. 2 separate projects instead of 2 separate timelines.

Timeline frame rate changes, instead of project wide.

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 5:48 am

Alex West wrote:
Lee Niederkofler wrote:An audio offset for the timeline would be great. Having difficulty syncing with 2nd monitor..

You mean something different than in the
Pref >capture and playback > playout > offset audio ?

Thanks, I forgot about this one....
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Alexandre Westphal

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 9:16 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
Alex West wrote:
Lee Niederkofler wrote:An audio offset for the timeline would be great. Having difficulty syncing with 2nd monitor..

Yeah that's cool but it seems that you can't enter a negative number...I guess it means that it only works if the video is delayed, and not the audio...
www.embelliefilms.fr

Nick Lear

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 am

It would nice to have a toggle to choose to have the playhead NOT jump to the end of a clip that you drag into the timeline. For example when trying out lots of different music tracks, when you drag in a new clip the playhead jumps to the end of it in the timeline which wastes time. Really the only time I'd want the playhead moving is during an initial assembly.
Win Pro 10, Threadripper 3960x, 128GB RAM, RTX 4080 16GB VRAM, Resolve Studio 18.5 b41

waltervolpatto

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Nick Lear wrote:It would nice to have a toggle to choose to have the playhead NOT jump to the end of a clip that you drag into the timeline. For example when trying out lots of different music tracks, when you drag in a new clip the playhead jumps to the end of it in the timeline which wastes time. Really the only time I'd want the playhead moving is during an initial assembly.

+1
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

Sam Steti

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Hi there,

I've been using Resolve 12.5 only for the first time - for a basic pro production - for 2 months now, trying not to roundtrip and to focus on what may be a real pain...

1/ Please, add the possibility to toggle to alphabetical order for media views anywhere it can be implemented... A lot of editors are used to give names on this purpose.

2/ Also, maybe I didn't find it, but is there an option to open several timelines a the same time into tabs above the TL, in order to quickly jump from one to another ? If not, please think about it, switching editors would be highly grateful ;)

3/ What about undocking options for some more parts, at least the way one can do it for parade window
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Lee Niederkofler

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Alex West wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:
Alex West wrote:[quote="Lee Niederkofler"]An audio offset for the timeline would be great. Having difficulty syncing with 2nd monitor..

Yeah that's cool but it seems that you can't enter a negative number...I guess it means that it only works if the video is delayed, and not the audio...[/quote]

Yes thats the problem I need negative audio offset...

Also, this only works when you playout somethind to tape.

Alexandre Westphal

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Sorry Lee...to bad. I've read the manual to quickly :oops:

If it doesn't exist, it is definitely an option to implement in the next update

Sam Steti wrote:Hi there,

I've been using Resolve 12.5 only for the first time - for a basic pro production - for 2 months now, trying not to roundtrip and to focus on what may be a real pain...

1/ Please, add the possibility to toggle to alphabetical order for media views anywhere it can be implemented... A lot of editors are used to give names on this purpose.

2/ Also, maybe I didn't find it, but is there an option to open several timelines a the same time into tabs above the TL, in order to quickly jump from one to another ? If not, please think about it, switching editors would be highly grateful ;)

3/ What about undocking options for some more parts, at least the way one can do it for parade window

I think the 1/ can be done by clicking on the little arrows on the left of the icons to choose between media and column view (you can chose to sort ascending/descendingly between several names, including the "display name", which is a very interesting option for editing).
Isn't that you're talking about ?

But +1 to 2/ and 3/ !
Or for 2/, at least the possibility to load a timeline in the viewer like in Media comp, and to switch between the timeline you edit with and the one you edit on in the timeline window.
www.embelliefilms.fr

Sam Steti

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Hey,

Yep, right, didn't realize (and I was sure I had tried :cry: ) because columns are never wide open in my Resolve ;) Thx...

For point 2, I basically never saw in any NLE in which it wasn't possible, but I admit it comes from my FCP7 habits, and it's obvious that for some report/documentary editing projects, everybody would appreciate.

Alexandre Westphal

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 6:56 pm

Sam Steti wrote:Hey,

Yep, right, didn't realize (and I was sure I had tried :cry: ) because columns are never wide open in my Resolve ;) Thx...

For point 2, I basically never saw in any NLE in which it wasn't possible, but I admit it comes from my FCP7 habits, and it's obvious that for some report/documentary editing projects, everybody would appreciate.

Regarding the possibility to load multiple timelines :
From my experience (also as an assistant editor) : it would be so usefull to have the possibility to gang two timelines, one in the viewer and the other in the monitor (not sure of the names of the two screens in the edit page) and to have the possibility to switch from one timeline to the other in the timeline window like in Avid (eventually via tabs like in FCP 7). This is so usefull in order to check eventual changes or mistakes between two versions in long projects...
www.embelliefilms.fr

Sam Steti

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Alex West wrote:
Sam Steti wrote:
Regarding the possibility to load multiple timelines :
From my experience (also as an assistant editor) : it would be so usefull to have the possibility to gang two timelines, one in the viewer and the other in the monitor (not sure of the names of the two screens in the edit page) and to have the possibility to switch from one timeline to the other in the timeline window like in Avid (eventually via tabs like in FCP 7). This is so usefull in order to check eventual changes or mistakes between two versions in long projects...

Yep, that's my main goal, + 1

waltervolpatto

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm

But +1 to 2/ and 3/ !
Or for 2/, at least the possibility to load a timeline in the viewer like in Media comp, and to switch between the timeline you edit with and the one you edit on in the timeline window.

you can. I remember i saw it in a video.

John Paines

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 3:54 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:
But +1 to 2/ and 3/ !

Drag the 2nd timeline into the source viewer. Choose the "swap" option in the timeline menu to switch between the current timeline and the one in the source viewer, determining which one will appear in the timeline workspace. Or assign a keyboard shortcut to this function (it's available).

waltervolpatto

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 5:22 pm

Lee Niederkofler wrote:
Alex West wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:

Yeah that's cool but it seems that you can't enter a negative number...I guess it means that it only works if the video is delayed, and not the audio...

Yes thats the problem I need negative audio offset...

Also, this only works when you playout somethind to tape.

also this works only for playout to tape, not to monitor during edit/color... :(

Dermot Shane

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 6:07 pm

working on a conform today,

i request mapping y/y/z scaleing and rotation transforms to the rings and balls on the Artist color when in the edit page, this is on two other sofware options i use and greatly missed in Resolve, vastly more accurate and intuitive than using a pen/tablet or mouse to match an overlayed refrence, and it's not like the surface is doing anything esle when in the edit page...

And kerning / leting / x/y/z positioning to the same when in the text window, for the same reasons

Lee Niederkofler

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Dermot Shane wrote:working on a conform today,

i request mapping y/y/z scaleing and rotation transforms to the rings and balls on the Artist color when in the edit page, this is on two other sofware options i use and greatly missed in Resolve, vastly more accurate and intuitive than using a pen/tablet or mouse to match an overlayed refrence, and it's not like the surface is doing anything esle when in the edit page...

And kerning / leting / x/y/z positioning to the same when in the text window, for the same reasons

+1

Sam Steti

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 pm

John Paines wrote:Drag the 2nd timeline into the source viewer. Choose the "swap" option in the timeline menu to switch between the current timeline and the one in the source viewer, determining which one will appear in the timeline workspace. Or assign a keyboard shortcut to this function (it's available).

No come on... Ok, it "might" be ok for some, I don't wanna brag or be too demandant or whatever, but this is far from the initial request; I mean, BMD seduces switchers-like editors, in a piece of software previously meant for grading, I'm really totally amazed about the job they made (I mean it), but I think they know the edit page really must be in their focus, especially because this very tab is the key to validate a sort of supremacy ;) Actually what early adopters got around with...
And frankly, opening say 8 TL tabs above the TL would be hiiiiighly appreciated all around the world hahahaha (Pr, FCP7, MC or Vegas guys may confirm... or not who knows)...
But thx for the tip ;)

John Paines

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Sam Steti wrote:No come on... Ok, it "might" be ok for some, I don't wanna brag or be too demandant or whatever, but this is far from the initial request

Yeah, I get it. That "pancake" feature in Premiere -- multiple stacked timelines displayed simultaneously in the timeline work space -- is a great convenience though, in truth, I never used it much. The tabbed timelines from old FCP (years ago) were also nice.

Maybe someday.....

Stuart Smith

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Paul Sangha wrote:
Robert : If you want to deliver in 4K, change the timeline resolution to 4K before you export the material. Otherwise, the 4K footage will first be downsampled to 1080p, then upped to 4K on the way out.

On the deliver page:
John: You can force debayer and sizing to highest quality but not, as far as I know, to highest resolution.

Can you add the option to skip timeline resolution downrezz during export (if a lower working timeline resolution is chosen for speedy work etc) in the deliver page? Seems like an intuitive option to have in a software known for its resolution independence.

That kind of scaling would screw up transforms, and no, you can't just scale a transform, and think about all those poor trackers

Alexandre Westphal

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 10:55 pm

John Paines wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:
But +1 to 2/ and 3/ !

Drag the 2nd timeline into the source viewer. Choose the "swap" option in the timeline menu to switch between the current timeline and the one in the source viewer, determining which one will appear in the timeline workspace. Or assign a keyboard shortcut to this function (it's available).

Waouh, that is awesome thanks ! Tabs would indeed be a plus but it is already a big step (I'm used to Avid and don't use tabs a lot). :D :D
www.embelliefilms.fr

Blake LaFarm

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Alex West wrote:Regarding the possibility to load multiple timelines :

+ 1 Fully agree.
Coming from over 20 years of Media Composer -- I really miss this feature.
And it is essential feature for any serious NLE product.
HP Z840 | Dual 10-Core Xeon 2.3 GHz | Dual TITAN Xp | 64 GB RAM | Media: PCIe SSD 2.5 GB/s
DeckLink 4K Ext 12G | Pocket UltraScope | Avid Artist Color | CalMAN Studio/C6-HDR
Resolve Studio 15.0.0B.043 | Fusion Studio 9.0.2 | DTV 10.9.12 | Win10 Pro 1803

Marc Wielage

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 12:44 am

Alex West wrote:From my experience (also as an assistant editor) : it would be so usefull to have the possibility to gang two timelines, one in the viewer and the other in the monitor (not sure of the names of the two screens in the edit page) and to have the possibility to switch from one timeline to the other in the timeline window like in Avid (eventually via tabs like in FCP 7). This is so usefull in order to check eventual changes or mistakes between two versions in long projects...

I have to admit, I miss this feature from Baselight. It's very handy to be able to display two different timelines side-by-side on the hero display, particularly if you're showing a client last week's version and today's version, or an old transfer and a new transfer. It would take an enormous amount of hardware to do this, and I suspect a lot of extensive code rewriting in order to implement it into Resolve.

As it is, Resolve on my system really creaks when I just compare a very low-res reference movie with the current timeline on the Edit page. It works in terms of checking conforms, but comparing two timelines would be very, very, very challenging to do unless you had massive GPUs and CPUs to push the pictures through the system.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

John Paines

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 1:50 am

It's been mentioned before, but it becomes more urgent with use, as you seek to customize -- a way to either search for keyboard shortcuts, or a warning if you try to re-assign an existing shortcut to another function.

What happens too often is, you create a shortcut for a frequently used function, then realize later you've replaced an essential default shortcut (same key or key combination). Which means going back, reassigning the old shortcut, then looking for a new one for the other function, and on it goes....

Alexandre Westphal

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 9:40 am

John Paines wrote:It's been mentioned before, but it becomes more urgent with use, as you seek to customize -- a way to either search for keyboard shortcuts, or a warning if you try to re-assign an existing shortcut to another function.

What happens too often is, you create a shortcut for a frequently used function, then realize later you've replaced an essential default shortcut (same key or key combination). Which means going back, reassigning the old shortcut, then looking for a new one for the other function, and on it goes....

+1000 ;)

Marc Wielage wrote:
Alex West wrote:From my experience (also as an assistant editor) : it would be so usefull to have the possibility to gang two timelines, one in the viewer and the other in the monitor (not sure of the names of the two screens in the edit page) and to have the possibility to switch from one timeline to the other in the timeline window like in Avid (eventually via tabs like in FCP 7). This is so usefull in order to check eventual changes or mistakes between two versions in long projects...

I have to admit, I miss this feature from Baselight. It's very handy to be able to display two different timelines side-by-side on the hero display, particularly if you're showing a client last week's version and today's version, or an old transfer and a new transfer. It would take an enormous amount of hardware to do this, and I suspect a lot of extensive code rewriting in order to implement it into Resolve.

As it is, Resolve on my system really creaks when I just compare a very low-res reference movie with the current timeline on the Edit page. It works in terms of checking conforms, but comparing two timelines would be very, very, very challenging to do unless you had massive GPUs and CPUs to push the pictures through the system.

All this make a lot of sens.

The tips given by John Paines works but it doesn't seem possible to gang the two timelines...which is one of the big features I miss.

Or did I missed something ?
www.embelliefilms.fr

Sam Steti

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 10:08 am

Alex West wrote:Waouh, that is awesome thanks ! Tabs would indeed be a plus but it is already a big step (I'm used to Avid and don't use tabs a lot). :D :D

You know that you can switch from one TL to another - inside the TL viewer only - by clicking on its name above the TL viewer, right ? So if you combine this + the John's swap suggestion and its assigned shortcut + match frame, you can see that you're not far from what's needed actually.

Except that, as I mentioned before, Resolve reloads TLs in the same TL space, which is really different than switching from TL to another when they are constantly open in their own tab. The experience is not the same at all, although it's cool it can be done at least...
And to go a bit further, assigning specific shortcuts to keyboard arrows to jump from one open TL tab to another would put an end to this imho.

John Paines

PostSat Dec 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Alex West wrote:The tips given by John Paines works but it doesn't seem possible to gang the two timelines...which is one of the big features I miss.

Or did I missed something ?

At least on my system, with proxy playback mode set to 1/4 (under the Playback menu), you *can* gang the source and program monitors, and play both (HD) timelines in the GUI in real time. Anything higher than 1/4 is no go. On the external monitor, you'll get whichever window is active.

Jean Rivoire

PostMon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Unfortunately due to a lot (too many) bugs, I switch back to FCPX. I was really interested by Resolve but instability, bugs, interface issues make me tired.
I'll be back when the next version will be available. My latest bug to help BMD Team :

-If I quit Resolve and open it again my settings disappear. I'm obliged to set up my folder for rendering..
My favorite effects (title) disappear also;
I spent too much time to "fix" issue than work

Marcelo Paniza

PostTue Dec 06, 2016 12:29 am

I suggest: backups

You setup a destination driver/folder and DaVinci Resolve will backup all projects for you.

Even nicer: scheduled backups... once every x days.

Thanks.

waltervolpatto

PostTue Dec 06, 2016 12:54 am

make a good deflicker tool, resolve ofx

dariobigi

PostTue Dec 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Light Wrapping for Keying.
I know DR is not a compositing tool.
I have been getting more and more episodic and Doc work with Interviews on Green Screen. The plugin options with light wrap are not great (accessing the lower video layer via a matte key input - ala Boris). The 3D Keyer is a great tool (in the right circumstance). Adding Light Wrap tool to the Keyer or a DR OFX Light Wrap that could be added to a node that would automatically use the layer below as a source would be really helpful.
Going the Fusion connect route with 250 interview heads in a timeline is not great... especially when you have to do substantial grading work before pulling a key AND when you only want to grade the Keyed Image only (not the background) after the Key.
So...
Light Wrap... built in... please.
Anyone who agrees add a +1 to incentivize the Dev Team please.
Dario Bigi, Colorist
http://dariobigi.com
New York
C: 1-646-436-4600

HPz840 - 2x 14 Core 2.6GHz - 64GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
2x RTX 2080Ti (SD 472.84)
Resolve Studio 17.4.6
Decklink 4K Extreme (12.2.2)
FSI CM250
Panasonic FZ1000
Mini Panel

Peter Cordes

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 12:48 pm

Delivery Page / Render Job:

The render Job should also save, which Audio / Video Tracks are switched on/off on the timeline the moment the render-job is crated.

I often have videos with Lower-3rds and Off-Text in different languages.

In those cases I have the timeline with tracks for video, atmo, music ... and also one video-track for each lower-3rd language and on audio-track for each off-text language.

Actually I must switch the desired language on (e.g. german lower-3rd and german off-speaker), then go to the delivery-page, create the render-job, start rendering, wait until rendering has finished, then go back to the edit-page, switch off the two german tracks, switch on the two englisch tracks, go to the delivery-page and so on.

If Resolve would also save, which audio/video tracks are switched on / off at the moment I create the render-job, I could create all jobs for all languages and then at the end of that, I could start the rendering for the whole render-queue with all languages.

Thanks.
Peter

John Paines

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 1:19 pm

Peter Cordes wrote:If Resolve would also save, which audio/video tracks are switched on / off at the moment I create the render-job, I could create all jobs for all languages and then at the end of that, I could start the rendering for the whole render-queue with all languages.

Am not sure I completely understand, but you do know that you can turn tracks on and off for rendering on the Deliver page itself, for each render job, without having to go back to the timeline page?

What would prevent you from selecting and deselecting tracks as needed for each version, and then rendering all the jobs at once?

Sam Steti

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Multicam manual fine syncing adjustments

In this very field, in case of a tough syncing problem (generally one cam way out of TC and/or very low audio or whatever makes syncing by sound difficult), I'd like to have the ability to perform a manual fine syncing straight on the viewer angle which needs it.

It is sometimes a question of 2 frames... If you want to have a look on FCP7 allowed (fcpx I don't know), you surely can find it : it consists in CTRL + CMD + "keep clicked and slide to" the left or right on the angle, what resync the angle frame by frame inside the multicam.
Always good to have and can be performed at any moment of the edit without consequence on what had already been cut.

Peter Cordes

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 4:11 pm

John Paines wrote:Am not sure I completely understand, but you do know that you can turn tracks on and off for rendering on the Deliver page itself, for each render job, without having to go back to the timeline page?

Oh really ?
I didn't find this yet.
This would be exactly the solution i'm looking for.

Thanks for the hint. I will try.

Peter

Lee Niederkofler

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 7:11 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:make a good deflicker tool, resolve ofx

Walter try the multiframe temproal denoiser, it works great for deflicker..

I find it often does a better job then nuke/furnace.

waltervolpatto

PostWed Dec 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Lee Niederkofler wrote:

Yes, that is the workaround, but it kills the grain, and I don't want to....

Lee Niederkofler

DaVinci Resolve 13 | Big Feature Request List(s)

PostThu Dec 08, 2016 11:31 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
Lee Niederkofler wrote:

Yes, that is the workaround, but it kills the grain, and I don't want to....

Ok, I get that :)

Nick Lear

PostSat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am

When I want to render out only part of a timeline, it would easier to set the in and out on the Edit page and for this to carry over to the Deliver page - this is intuitive to me so I do it every time only to remember it doesn't work. But the deliver page should still default to "Entire timeline" as this is what you need most of the time.
Win Pro 10, Threadripper 3960x, 128GB RAM, RTX 4080 16GB VRAM, Resolve Studio 18.5 b41

RaphaelCarpenter

PostSun Dec 11, 2016 1:52 am

Hi guys, here is my list of future features/improvements:

1. (EDIT/COLOR/DELIVER) I wish to zoom-in/zoom-out by mouse wheel - as an available option in project setting please.
Yes I know I can do it just by holding [ctrl]+mouse wheel but it's not the same.

2. (EDIT/COLOR/DELIVER) I wish to have an option to switch timeline scrolling direction:
is it strange thing: when I'm scrolling my wheel forward - timeline is moving backward direction and when scrolling my wheel backward - timeline moving forward direction?

3.(EDIT/COLOR/DELIVER) I wish I could save as default my KEYBOARD MAPPING settings.
Each time when start DaVinci or start new project I need to change my MAPPING for previously saved one.

4. (EDIT/DELIVER) I wish I could rewind a timeline by mouse wheel when the pointer is over the preview window.
Currently I can zoom-in/zoom-out and move by 3rd button ONLY (all useless in EDIT and DELIVER) and there is also no RIGHT MOUSE MENU with ZOOM TO FIT and ACTUAL SIZE OPTIONS (EDIT). If you accidentally move your preview by 3rd mouse button and/or zoom-in - there is no way bring back default view.

5. (EDIT) I wish I could select active track.
Currently when you COPY/PASTE clips around timeline - you never know on which track clip will appear after PASTE commend.

6. (EDIT) I wish I could place my AUDIO TRACK under VIDEO TRACK. I think video and audio tracks could be arranged freely. Current layout (video tracks on top and audio track on bottom) is unpractical.

7. (EDIT) I wish to have a simple AUDIO-meter on TOOLS BAR on the right side -it's so simple ;)

8. (GENERAL) I wish to set as default STARTING TIMECODE 00:00:00:00 for every timeline I'm creating.

9. (EDIT) I wish to set as default FADE TO BLACK as TRANSITION.
I know I can create a preset but - if you select EDIT POINTS (both for video track and audio track) using original transition [dip to color] you got both transitions same time.
As a preset - AUDIO FADE settings are gone :(

10. (EDIT) TRANSITIONS should use visible part of the clips.
It could be as an OPTION.

11. (EDIT) I wish I could select both tracks (video and audio) and do FADE IN / FADE OUT.

12. (EDIT) I wish I could select a few/all (video or audio or both) clips and do FADE IN / FADE OUT.

13. (EDIT-MULTICAM) there is not possible to select starting VIDEO or AUDIO track at cursor position ZERO (01:00:00:00)! I need to move 1 frame forward to select a track as a starting one - madness!

All the best for BlackMagicDesign TEAM ;)

Alexandre Westphal

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 10:38 pm

RaphaelCarpenter wrote:Hi guys, here is my list of future features/improvements:

6. (EDIT) I wish I could place my AUDIO TRACK under VIDEO TRACK. I think video and audio tracks could be arranged freely. Current layout (video tracks on top and audio track on bottom) is unpractical.

Wouahou pretty impressive list :

Don't know any soft with video tracks bellow audio tracks. Not sure to understand why it is that unpratical to have it the other way (as Da Vinci is not Pro tools).

Beside I think you can have audiometer on the right already...

Am I wrong ?

For the copy past thing it is weird that's true. But if you use "alt" and drag your clip, it will copy it...that is pretty convenient.
www.embelliefilms.fr

Nick Lear

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 4:58 am

RaphaelCarpenter wrote:3.(EDIT/COLOR/DELIVER) I wish I could save as default my KEYBOARD MAPPING settings.
Each time when start DaVinci or start new project I need to change my MAPPING for previously saved one

This is possible, just not very intuitive. See bottom of this post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47801

John Paines

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 2:50 pm

RaphaelCarpenter wrote:Hi guys, here is my list of future features/improvements:

3, 5, 11 and 12 are already available, in one form or another.

RaphaelCarpenter

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Alexandre Westphal wrote:

Wouahou pretty impressive list :

Don't know any soft with video tracks bellow audio tracks. Not sure to understand why it is that unpratical to have it the other way (as Da Vinci is not Pro tools).

Beside I think you can have audiometer on the right already...

Am I wrong ?

For the copy past thing it is weird that's true. But if you use "alt" and drag your clip, it will copy it...that is pretty convenient.

Sony Vegas Pro...
You can arrange your tracks by cameras (for multicam-best!)
:
Canon c300-1 video track
Canon c300-1 audio track
---------------------------
Canon c300-2 video track
Canon c300-2 audio track

...etc

Yes, I know I can have audiometer but then you losing some part of you time line-there is plenty of space on tools bar just above timeline-check Edius solution. Or instead can I have separate audio meter (thin bar is enough) placed on each audio track holder? Check Sony Vegas Pro.
Btw.

You guys from BlackMagic made really fantastic tool for grading- respect.
Trying to add NLE you based on FCP and APP - this is wrong! I know FCP and APP is a must but not all function/features/solutions on those are perfect.
Beside small faults (like to confirm settings click SAVE and then CANCEL !!!! ) I believe current version DaVinci 12.5.x as NLE is way better in many key aspects than APP!!! (developed years by best Adobe programmers )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaphaelCarpenter

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 pm

John Paines wrote:

3, 5, 11 and 12 are already available, in one form or another.

John- 11 is possible to clip as transition- I'm not talking about transitions.
Each clip on timeline have small white square at the begin and end - you can just grab it and set FADE IN or FADE OUT. You can do it separately for audio clip and video clip but not same time for both!
You can select few clips but on the track but changes aplied to current clip only - check Sony Vegas Pro how simple it is :) I can select all clips [Ctrl+a] and then set FADE IN and FADE OUT using anchors on any clip from selected-voila! Job done in 5sec !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dariobigi

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 7:27 pm

Add/Update the Safe Area settings.
Safe Area/Title to RP-2046 (safe area 93%, safe title 90%) and EBU R95 (safe area 96.5%, safe title 95%) standards
Dario Bigi, Colorist
http://dariobigi.com
New York
C: 1-646-436-4600

HPz840 - 2x 14 Core 2.6GHz - 64GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
2x RTX 2080Ti (SD 472.84)
Resolve Studio 17.4.6
Decklink 4K Extreme (12.2.2)
FSI CM250
Panasonic FZ1000
Mini Panel

Alex Potemkin

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 9:53 pm

What about MULTIPLE in/out points?
The idea is:
I have the long footage, and I want to use couple fragments from this one.
Now, the only way to do it is cutting the footage at the edit page.
Why not create multiple IN/OUT points at the review stage on the MEDIA tab? Then, after dragging to the timeline, the footage should be imported as the series of clips according to the markup.
Alex Potemkin
http://yourphoto.nyc
http://yourphoto.biz
http://getty.yourphoto.biz
http://istock.yourphoto.biz
http://alexpotemkin.com

Alex Potemkin

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 5:18 am

One more "must have" thing. I just asked the question about this in the separate thread but seems like DaVinci have no solution.

Clone-Stamp tool.
DaVinci have everything needed for this functionality, include the great tracker and even the workaround for clone-stamp via node offset. But for a full functional stamp, it should have the possibility to track the source and target separately.
Alex Potemkin
http://yourphoto.nyc
http://yourphoto.biz
http://getty.yourphoto.biz
http://istock.yourphoto.biz
http://alexpotemkin.com

John Paines

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 1:20 pm

Alex Potemkin wrote:What about MULTIPLE in/out points?
The idea is:
I have the long footage, and I want to use couple fragments from this one.
Now, the only way to do it is cutting the footage at the edit page.
Why not create multiple IN/OUT points at the review stage on the MEDIA tab? Then, after dragging to the timeline, the footage should be imported as the series of clips according to the markup.

Double click the clip in the Media Storage page, mark in/out points, right click the bar, create subclip. Repeat. All the subclips created in this way will be added to the media pool. Don't think anyone would want to do this without discrete subclips, even if the system allowed it(?)

Peter Cordes

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 1:54 pm

John Paines wrote:
Peter Cordes wrote:If Resolve would also save, which audio/video tracks are switched on / off at the moment I create the render-job, I could create all jobs for all languages and then at the end of that, I could start the rendering for the whole render-queue with all languages.

Am not sure I completely understand, but you do know that you can turn tracks on and off for rendering on the Deliver page itself, for each render job, without having to go back to the timeline page?

What would prevent you from selecting and deselecting tracks as needed for each version, and then rendering all the jobs at once?

Hi,

Thanks for the hint.

What a pitty, it doesn't work.

I go to the deliver-page, switch off the "german" video-tracks, ("english" ones switched on), set the custom name (file name) to ABC_EN and the press "Add to render queue".

Next I switch off the "english" tracks, switch on the "german" tracks, set the custom name to ABC_DE and press "Add to render queue" again.

So I have two render jobs in the list and I press "start render".

After resolve finished rendering of the two jobs, I have two files (ABC_DE.mov and ABC_EN.mov) but both files contain the "german" version - so the last version.

Resolve doesn't save the in the render jobs which tracks were switched on/of the moment I add the render job to the queue.

Resolve only "looks" which tracks are switched on/off the moment it renders.

So please accept it as a feature request that resolve should save the on/off status of the tracks in the render jobs.

Thanks a lot
Peter

waltervolpatto

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 6:28 pm

dariobigi wrote:Add/Update the Safe Area settings.
Safe Area/Title to RP-2046 (safe area 93%, safe title 90%) and EBU R95 (safe area 96.5%, safe title 95%) standards

better, let the user define % for both horizontal and vertical independently. that is one of the few thing I miss from quantel.

and I could have up to 3 aspect ratio at the same time (the safe Area lines)
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve