DaVinci Resolve 12 Plugins

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

samgardner

DaVinci Resolve 12 Plugins

PostThu Jun 18, 2015 12:58 pm

I'm building an ingest system and have created plugins for FCP and Premiere and would like to bring DaVinci Resolve into the mix in the future.

I'm hugely grateful that you have chosen to adopt OpenFX for painless development as there is a great amount of documentation and examples for programming with it. I am particularly interested in some of Resolve 12's new features as an NLE, especially the multicam viewer.

Is there any documentation detailing the exposed OFX properties for these newer NLE-style features if they are supported? As I currently understand (but could be wrong), OpenFX is more of a compositing framework,

If OFX isn't the correct route, is there an SDK or documentation specifically for DaVinci Resolve plugin creation?

Cheers

Matt Jefferson

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinci Resolve 12 Plugins

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 4:38 am

There is no Davinci Resolve SDK for developers to write specific applications or plug ins at this time. I will inquire and confirm with our software team that the only interface is via Open FX and our XML functions for exchanging data.

Matt Jefferson

Mihail Moskov

PostWed Jun 24, 2015 11:36 am

The Resolve 11 press release explicitly mentioned an OpenCL OpenFX extension. Any documentation on this?
www.shutterangle.com
The science & magic of shooting moving pictures

www.slimraw.com
A fast CinemaDNG compressor

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 9:52 am

Please find attached details about the OpenCL/CUDA extension to OpenFX which Resolve supports. This is supported in the current shipping 11.3.1 release.
Attachments
OpenFXPackage.zip
OpenFX native CUDA and OpenCL extension
(85.55 KiB) Downloaded 1674 times
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Mihail Moskov

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Thank you!
www.shutterangle.com