Still frame mark I/O

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jeffreyl

Still frame mark I/O

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 11:36 am

Hello Blackmagic Design,

What is still frame mark I/O and how do we use the Video only drag method. I attemped to find the both of them thru trial and error and looking thru the menus, but found neither.

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Still frame mark I/O

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 11:59 am

Add a still to the viewer, mark in and out, place on timeline.

For drag Video/Audio only from the source viewer or Media Pool using Alt/Shift+Drag respectively.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jeffreyl

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 pm

Hello Peter,

First off thank you for the explanation.

I was really hoping that this was the heavily requeste feature of "export still). So often I am in the timeline and I would like to export the image under the playhead. Just right click and choose export still, where then a dialogue appears to choose the format.

Now it seem the only way is going to the delivery tab and set in & out at the frame and add to the Render Que.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Grab a still to the gallery and export from there.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

jeffreyl

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Intersting work around, thank you. This is much quicker thst the delivery page.

One thing I just experienced with Beta 4, there is the option to clear in and out from the timeline, only a select all, that basically have the same effect. Took me a moment, as the "clear in/out" was greyed out, whilst I had the timeline open in the delivery page.

Return to DaVinci Resolve