No choice for optimized media

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Wingis Struck

No choice for optimized media

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 3:02 pm

Hello,

i want to use the new optimized media feature in resolve 12, because my system is not the fastest one. But if i want to choose my file format, i can choose only between uncompressed 10bit or 16bit in my general Options within the Project settings. How can i switch to using avi files with cineform as my optimized media??? Cineform is installed on my system and i can choose it in Deliver Tab or when i use the media management to transcode all my files, but not within the optimized Media dialogue.

Wingis Struck

Re: No choice for optimized media

PostTue Sep 29, 2015 6:03 pm

after several hours of research th only thing i found out is that in those settinge PRORES should appear as default. But it's "uncommpressed 10-bit" in my General Options and can only be changed to "Uncompressed 16-bit".

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 12:55 am

HI, maybe you could let us know if you have Mac or Windows, that will help others advise.
Cineform is not available in optimised media.
If you have Mac use ProRes and Windows use DNx if you wish to use a compressed format.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Wingis Struck

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 6:14 am

Hi,

It's a Windows 10 system. I thought every format available for delivery could also be used as optimized media-codec. But nevertheless I have only the choice between uncompressed 10 and 16-bit. In all tutorials I watched, people have plenty of options in that dialogue but I don't. Dnx would be okay for me and I have the codec installed as it's available for rendering, but also not as optimized media format. I don't know how I can increase my options at that place...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 8:00 am

Are you using an AMD CPU? If so which model?
We recommend Intel CPUs as some items rely on Intel libraries/drivers.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Wingis Struck

PostWed Sep 30, 2015 10:00 am

Hello,

yes it's a AMD 6Core System (Phenom II x6 1090T) So i can't use any optimized media due to the wrong CPU???

Return to DaVinci Resolve