Poor Resolve 9.1.1 render speed on Macbook Retina. [Solved]

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Benjamin McGuire

Poor Resolve 9.1.1 render speed on Macbook Retina. [Solved]

PostSun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 am

Ok, Seemed that My macbook fell prey to a SMC bug. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57 ... acbook-p... Has the fix. Back to rendering at 30fps!!!!!!

Org post:

Ok, I used to get around 30fps rendering Alexa 2k to 1080p prores proxy. Then The next day, it renders at 13 fps, and now it is stuck at that slow speed.

I even did a clean install of Mountain Lion, and installed Resolve (Full Version) and it is still slow. I have no clue what happened. Even loaded the same project that got the 30fps speed with the same footage, and still the same result. I didn't install anything, between when it was fast and when it became slow.

When it used to render fast, I noticed that it had almost 100% processor usage. Now it uses only about 30% cpu usage when rendering. The source drive is a Seagate 2tb backup plus drive, and Ive tried it with Thunderbolt and USB 3, with no difference. Although I was only using Thunderbolt when it was rendering fast. Didn't matter which Thunderbolt port I used either.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't think my macbook is defective, as everything else seems to work fine, and my geekbench is still on par with other Macbook Pro Retina's.
Resolve Studio 17.4.6 build 4
MacOS 12.3.1 (21E258)

i7-7800X. 32GB RAM
Asus X299-A MB
AMD Vega 64
DeckLink Mini Mon4K

(1) LG 31MU97C-B 4K (4096x2160)-Grading + (1) Sharp LC-55LBU591U-client/HDR Color (4kHDMI Split)

Return to DaVinci Resolve