Alpha Channel Issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Amber Todd

Alpha Channel Issue

PostFri Mar 17, 2017 3:00 am

Hey there - I wonder if anyone has had this issue...

I work on a Mac Pro in my office and in my workflow out of premiere, I will often export out Alpha files from AE and replace the dynamic linked comps in Premiere and then export out an XML to bring the timeline into Resolve. Everything connects up and then I just select the alpha channel "straight" in the media panel and all my alpha looks great!

However, when I transfer the project onto my laptop at home (Mac Book Pro 2016) - the alpha is not readable as "straight" only as "premultiplied" - this is using the exact same files I was in Mac Pro and I am running the exact same Resolve admin on my laptop.... the issue is that the 'pre-multiplied' alpha looks terrible compared to straight....

Any ideas what is going on? Is there some issue with the new MacBook pro's - I am running the same OSX on both machines (Sierra) and can't see any other differences.....

Return to DaVinci Resolve