Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Paul Russell

Re: Resolve 14 Public Beta Bug List

PostWed May 31, 2017 8:59 am

Windows 10 x64 Build 14393, Resolve Studio b3

"Da Vinci Resolve Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified" etc etc

Now my system is completely hosed because 12.5.5 will not reinstall. I will have to restore from backup.
Calamity Studio

David O'Shea

PostWed May 31, 2017 9:26 am

Setting the EQ within Fairlight tab introduces a crackle to the audio which can only be heard in Color tab and Deliver tab. The Edit tab and and Fairlight tabs gives clean audio. This crackle also gets exported with the final file. It's easily reproduced, and with different audio files. It does not occur when the EQ is reset in the Fairlight tab.

Windows 10 Beta 3, Zero plugins installed.
CPU: i7-3930K OC'd to 4.2Ghz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 680 GUI
GPU: GTX 1070 Compute

JulianGil

PostWed May 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Resolve 14b3 crashing when switching to color tab using dual screen mode. Mac OS 10.11.6. Works in single screen mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cMP 2010 2x 3.46GHz 6-Core 64GB RAM Radeon VII 16GB
Mojave 10.14.5

Ricardo Birnbaum

PostWed May 31, 2017 3:37 pm

Beta 3 still incompatible with Izotope RX 5 auto function in Voice Denoiser.
I assume this has something to do with VST effects integration.

I was going to purchase Izotope RX6 but I am going to wait until this issue is resolved.

Daniel Stern

PostWed May 31, 2017 5:41 pm

David Clarke wrote:Windows 10, beta 3.

When I nest one timeline inside another the sound does not play. There is even a waveform on the nested timeline. Put a clip on this timeline and it plays sound.

Apologies if someone else mentioned this. 7 pages full of text is a lot to look through.

Same here. Not only nested timelines, also compound clips behave the same way.
MacBook 15"
NVIDIA GT 750M

CUDA 9.0.197
MacOS 10.12.6

Paul Fisher

PostWed May 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Robert James wrote:
Paul Fisher wrote:Oh my god this version is riddled with bugs so much so that I want to revert to the previous version but I have projects from paid clients made with this beta.

AUDIO is still very messy to deal with.

I cannot archive and back up my project because of WAV files. No idea why. I remove the wave files 44khz 16 bit from the project and it backs up fine. When I look at the new backed up folder I notice that it took my wave files and split them up into pieces like _S001.wav _S002.wav etc.

I am completely unable to use Media Management to archive my projects which sucks because manually copying folders to a hard drive to back up forces me to keep tons of media that I didn't use in the project (more space).

Will someone please help me with this? Getting failed to export because of certain wav files. Possibly because of their length.

I have quiet a few other bugs and crashes I can report but this is the one I really need help with.

For your sanity: Your best bet is to STOP using 14 for production projects. The deeper you dig in the more pain you will suffer. Bite the bullet and recreate the project(s) in 12.5.5.

Improvement of 14: You need to get sample projects with the logs that contain the errors over to the support team ASAP. I've been sending all my 'stuff' to @Rohit Singhal

Thank you, that is what I intended to do but I guess I didn't create a new dir for the new software because it overwrote my previous version. So it is possible to have both versions on a Mac at once? Trying it now.

Starting from scratch sucks, it's hours and hours of work but it's not like I haven't been through this before. Similar things happened when Adobe updated from Premiere CS6 to CC. There were so many bugs I had to revert to the old version and rebuild everything.

If we purchase the full version of Resolve is it updated?
WORK MACHINE:
MacBook Pro 16-inch, 2021
Apple M1 Max 64 GB - Sonoma 14
2 TB Glyph and other thunderbolt SSDs

PERSONAL MACHINE:
4 TB internal SSD

IanTempleman

PostWed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm

Delivery introduced a brief video interference that didn't exist in the source material.
macOS Sierra v10.12.5
2.5GHz i5
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

About 30 seconds in this video

Paul Fisher

PostWed May 31, 2017 8:53 pm

I was wondering if there is a way to install a 12.5.5 copy of Resolve without overwriting the install of the new beta (on Mac). I tried installing 12.5.5 today and the only destination option I was allowed was "Macintosh HD" . Maybe if I rename version 14 apps to something else in the Applications folder?
WORK MACHINE:
2 TB Glyph and other thunderbolt SSDs

PERSONAL MACHINE:
4 TB internal SSD

Weston Childers

PostWed May 31, 2017 9:02 pm

Seth Geiser wrote:Audio transitions still not working, even in ob3. I'm not the only one with this issue, am I?

1. Same here, crossfade on audio does absolutely nothing.
2. Major issues with relinking footage. Had a graphic, updated the graphic in Photoshop, went back to DR and the graphics wasn't updated, could not find the refresh option link like in DR 12, unlinked footage and when trying to relink the file it came up as "Media Missing". Deleted the graphics from media browser, loaded it in fresh and still same issue showing "Media Missing".
3. No compression or tools in Fairlight tab? I assume more are coming, currently just EQ and pan for audio tools.

MacPro Late 2013 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
128GB 1066 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
Running in Metal GPU processing

DR 14 Suggestions:
1. exclude titles from timeline color correction: I haven't found a way to do this except through keying. often we have titles over color corrected footage and on the timeline color mode, it messes with the color of titles and graphics.
2. Trim all highlighted clips. Ofter we have many layers of non-linked clips that we want to trim or extend when highlighting multiple clips and going to trim DR only trims the clip I am on unselecting the other clips I intentionally highlighted.
3. When relinking footage, offer the suggestion of where the footage used to be located. Premiere does a good job of this with "Old Path" and "new path" in the media link browser.

Marcus Goller

PostWed May 31, 2017 10:05 pm

Resolve 14 Beta 3

I just noticed that activating "Selection follows playhead" results in a choppy playback in the viewer, although the framerate indicator tells me that all frames are being displayed and I use optimized media.
When deactivating that setting again, playback returns back to smooth 24 fps.

When "Selection follows playhead" is active and I add a marker with ctrl-M and then save it to go back to playback mode, I can see the video playing smoothly, but unfortunately the selection does not follow the playhead anymore. Stopping playback, clicking in the timeline window and starting playback brings back the problem (but also the selection follows the playhead again).

CPU: i7-4771
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960
--
CPU: i7-4771
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960

Richard Dean

PostWed May 31, 2017 11:49 pm

On latest osx trashcan, I'm getting Phantom audio clips that can't be deleted.

I have to go into fairlight tab and drag clips over the Phantom clips to overwright them

Robert James

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 2:31 am

Paul Fisher wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to install a 12.5.5 copy of Resolve without overwriting the install of the new beta (on Mac). I tried installing 12.5.5 today and the only destination option I was allowed was "Macintosh HD" . Maybe if I rename version 14 apps to something else in the Applications folder?

I don't believe you can have both versions on the same os drive at the same time

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Resolve Studio 14.1
Windows 10 Fall Creator Update
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM
M.2 System Drive, M.2 Media Drive (All other drives SSDs)
ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G VC

Octave Zangs

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 2:44 am

With DR 14b3 on Windows 10.

If using VST plugins on audio tracks, audio is choppy when exporting.

Also when inserting effects on the master tracks it stops all audio playback after switching tabs. Then have to disable plugins on the master tracks to make it work again.

David Skok

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 2:57 am

I have the same problem with Power Windows being severely offset. I am on a Mac, and editing 4K footage.

Mal Owens wrote:Here's a list of bugs I've encountered in Beta 3 while working on the latest project:

- Audio playback inconsistent with the audio volume (caching??)
- Audio playback at times stops playing
- Audio with VST plugins at times either don’t play, or the plugins can’t be adjusted
- Keyframing audio doesn’t work consistently
- There is a difference in audio quality between Fairlight and Editing pages, especially on levels and clipping
- Adjusting the volume on a clip doesn’t affect playback of that clips levels. Restarting fixes forces Davinci to play it back at the proper level
- Not all audio tracks playback in the Colour Page (maybe because "Insert" activated randomly at some point)
- The “Insert” button in Fairlight seems to activate at random which interferes with audio playback.
- Audio playback on Edit Page out of sync, especially after some Fairlight or Colour work
- Power windows aren’t working properly. The affected area inside the window is severely offset or scaled down, even without any softness applied.
- Undo doesn’t step back through the last series of steps sequentially. Some previous steps are skipped
- Audio Snapping doesn’t seem to be active for aligning audio clips to other audio clips.
- If grading is disabled in a project and that project is saved and closed, the grade becomes re-enable when reopened. Is this expected functionality?
- Window layouts aren’t remembered/saved when reopening Resolve.
- Updating an external file should auto-magically roll into Resolve and update the assets in the edit. e.g. an after effects animation that’s been tweaked and exported again with the same file name should just update in the timeline automatically as in Premiere and FCPX.
- Audio waveform moves position within a clip when that clip is dragged
- Audio waveform fails to redraw properly when zooming
- There are crackles present in the exported audio where tracks have VST plugins from Izotope RX6, almost like many pops on a vinyl record. These crackles aren’t present during playback previews, just in the rendered export.
- Horizontal mouse scrolling in Fairlight zooms the timeline rather than moving left and right. I feel this should have the same experience as the other areas of Resolve.
- Addition of a Solo button for audio in the Edit Page. Flicking back to Fairlight to switch it off (when I forget) is a little cumbersome.

Andy Wallace

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 3:15 am

FilmConvert OFX plugin crashes resolve entirely. No prompts/notices.
iMac (Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

OS X 10.11.6

Howard Roll

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 6:32 am

David Clarke wrote:Windows 10, beta 3.

When I nest one timeline inside another the sound does not play. There is even a waveform on the nested timeline. Put a clip on this timeline and it plays sound.

Apologies if someone else mentioned this. 7 pages full of text is a lot to look through.

Same issue with multicam sequences. If I open the multicam sequence in the timeline the audio plays fine.

Another issue that's hopefully fixed in 14, I'm already back to 12.5, If I double-click a multicam sequence the playhead doesn't track the multicam sequence until I mouse over click the source popup scroll down to multicam and select. Seems like a small thing until you do it a couple hundred times in a day.

Nicolas Horne

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Robert James wrote:I don't believe you can have both versions on the same os drive at the same time

Akpe does at least have two versions on the same system (video tutorial about one page back), although i beleive BMD team has adviced against it. or was that download vs app store version? or was that free vs studio version?
Resolve Studio 18, MiniPanel, UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3, LG UltraFine 5K, Sony BVM-F250A, Promise Pegasus R4, OWC Envoy Pro EX VE 2TB SSD, OWC Thunderblade 2TB SSD, OWC ThunderBay Flex 8 48TB, 2021 MBP M1 Max 64GB, 2019 MBP Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB, BMD eGPU

Akpe Ododoru

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 4:34 pm

Its possible to have 2 versions of resolve installed on your computer

If you go into your aplications folder, you will see a folder named "Davinci resolve". Which ever version of Davinci you install will always go into you application folder as "Davinci resolve" so it will definitely replace the one there because its the same name.

But to have both, I went into my "Application" folder, then created a folder and gave it a name like "D12", i then dragged "Davinci resolve" 12.5 folder into it. Now when i install version 14, it creates its own "davinci resolve" folder without replacing 12.5 which is now in a different folder.

But i was told on here that its not a good idea to have 2 versions of Davinci installed on one computer.
Akpe Ododoru
Cinematographer
London
www.akpe.co.uk

John Paines

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Akpe Ododoru wrote:Its possible to have 2 versions of resolve installed on your computer

Did you manage to do this with beta3? Can't speak to Mac, but this sort of maneuver, which worked with b1 and b2 in Windows, doesn't work with b3.

Akpe Ododoru

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 5:01 pm

John Paines wrote:
Akpe Ododoru wrote:Its possible to have 2 versions of resolve installed on your computer

Did you manage to do this with beta3? Can't speak to Mac, but this sort of maneuver, which worked with b1 and b2 in Windows, doesn't work with b3.

Yea its the beta3 that i did it with

Akpe Ododoru
Cinematographer
London
www.akpe.co.uk

Alex Davidson

PostSat Jun 03, 2017 5:12 am

Is great for the most part. One minor quibble:

I have some RAW footage shot at 30FPS. My timeline is 25FPS.

When I add the 30FPS footage, and then change clip attributes to 25FPS, my in and out points on the timeline are incorrect.

However, the in and out points on the source clip itself are still correct. (So I can re-add the clip to the timeline and the issue is solve)

It would be great if when the clip attributes are changed, the in and out points are matched for the clip on the timeline - as they are in the source clip.

Adrian Mcyorian

PostSun Jun 04, 2017 8:39 am

1- Alpha fails on compound clips.
I have a bunch of clips, all with alpha channels, and I want to add them into one compound clip but Resolve converts the alpha channel of all of these clips into black.

there is no way to make alpha channel back.

2-UI Design: waste of space
please reduce icons and margins between tools and bars to improve space! take advance from a smaller font, and please... MAKE TABS for godsake!

good software! keep working!
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 18.5.1
CPU: Intel core I5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1070

benwalterdirector

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 am

Weston Childers wrote:
Seth Geiser wrote:Audio transitions still not working, even in ob3. I'm not the only one with this issue, am I?

1. Same here, crossfade on audio does absolutely nothing.
2. Major issues with relinking footage. Had a graphic, updated the graphic in Photoshop, went back to DR and the graphics wasn't updated, could not find the refresh option link like in DR 12, unlinked footage and when trying to relink the file it came up as "Media Missing". Deleted the graphics from media browser, loaded it in fresh and still same issue showing "Media Missing".
3. No compression or tools in Fairlight tab? I assume more are coming, currently just EQ and pan for audio tools.

MacPro Late 2013 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
128GB 1066 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB
Running in Metal GPU processing

DR 14 Suggestions:
1. exclude titles from timeline color correction: I haven't found a way to do this except through keying. often we have titles over color corrected footage and on the timeline color mode, it messes with the color of titles and graphics.
2. Trim all highlighted clips. Ofter we have many layers of non-linked clips that we want to trim or extend when highlighting multiple clips and going to trim DR only trims the clip I am on unselecting the other clips I intentionally highlighted.
3. When relinking footage, offer the suggestion of where the footage used to be located. Premiere does a good job of this with "Old Path" and "new path" in the media link browser.

Same here guys, I have been talking about it for a month but no one cares it seems. No way at all to either use transitions or use level points. Not working.

Richard Termini

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 4:54 am

beta 14 r3 audio does not work after clip speed is changed or reversed .... audio is very distorted or goes silent. Undoing the change brings back the audio but sometimes the audio is moved to a different location in time.... hmmmm

This is on a Mac.. I used a few macintosh models to test this and it is the same on all of them.

Sven Schumacher

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 8:14 am

Win10 creators Update. AMD Raden 380x (4gb), 8gb-SystemRAM, core-i5
Source-Video 4k or 1080p h.264 drone-footage or smartphone-videos.

Often refuses to Start: Crash while loading "Control Surface". After some tries it starts then. Complete reinstall doesn't change that.

Also crashes often while editing or color-correction.

Sometimes just stops rendering. After some minutes waiting the crash-message pops up then. Sometimes the same project is rendering just fine.

While h.264-speed is much better now, the app is extremely unstable. 12.5 was much more stable. I have to safe after almost every cut or correction-step. Than the app seems to be more stable.

Marc Fisher

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Beta 3
I get the program crash when i try to change to the Media Pool Tab.
New disk based database for every beta. got rid of the older 2. Tried to do a single monitor setup, dual monitor. tried importing media. tried using the Bars and tone generator.
All crashes.
to be fair, it did the same in Beta 2.

Mac Pro (mid 2010) 5.1
Mac Os x. 10.12.5
2x 2.4ghz Quad-core
22gb 1066 DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 (cuda 2.0)
Cuda Driver Version 8.0.8.3
GPU Driver Version 10.18.5
BMD Desktop Video 10.9

Ricardo Birnbaum

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 1:58 am

Using Beta 3 and I can't sync audio to clips with waweform.

Syncing 3 stereo tracks to clips (6 channels) it only shows 2-4 channels keeping the original audio.

Would like to use this feature. Same clips in Final Cut ProX sync perfectly.

Thanks again for great software

rodgross

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 3:23 am

DaVinci Resolve 14.0.0b.020

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Obi-Wan II - Internal
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - Yeah, I now I need to upgrade it

This is such a smart blend of many edit software programs with a well thought out interface.
Cudos!

Here are some crashes and funny business…

06-05-17 5:27 PM Quit while moving rubber band audio keyframes.
Mixing by rubber bands not always audible. Mixing lower sometime gets louder
right before the keyframes. Even in the Delivered output.

Restart Mac

06-05-17 6:05 PM. Quit while moving rubber band audio keyframes.
Same inconsistent mixing behavior.

Restart Mac

06-05-17 6:18 PM. Quit while moving rubber band audio keyframes.

Restart Mac

06-05-17 6:18 PM. Quit while moving rubber band audio keyframes.

Restart Mac

06-05-17 6:18 PM. Reset audio audio keyframes…all tracks 0 dB.
Mixed in Fairlight with the fader. I can hear the mix and see the faders move in Fairlight, however,
the final master output video is missing part of the mix.

Stephen Perera

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 am

Beta 3 - normal version - main bugs at the moment:

1. Bluetooth headphones don't work (cable ones yes) when trying to listen in on your time line.....they work in Fairlight but a very poor audio comes through on headphones

2. Has thrown in some 'flashes' on footage - one of them a red tint over one frame that you see as a red flash....very weird

3. Audi subclips lose their stereo and can only be heard on left headphone for example

4. Audio becomes off synch with timeline - quit the app and restart it and it is fine again

using:

Mac Pro (Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5)
3.7 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
12GB 1866 Mhz DDr3
AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB

Nicolas Guillou

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 8:04 am

Hello,
When you have this config :
With a master timeline with inside somes other timelines :
1) No sound.
2) Sometime, when you delete a timelines or sometime a clip (who are in a master Timeline), when you want to access to Master Timeline : The timeline who has been deleted display Offline in red, but after few second Resolve crash. When you restart You can't acces to a master timeline. You must delete it.
;)
DR S 18.1.4 b9 & Fusion 18.1.4 - WIN10Pro 19045 - i9 13900KS- 128Go RAID6 1xRTX 4090 Driver:531.79 DCH

Phil Side

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 pm

BillGarvey wrote:When in the source monitor hitting the "i" key to set an in point does not set the in point at the CTI. This also happens with hitting the "o" key for mark out point. If I set both an In and Out point and this happens and edit my clip to a timeline its the wrong in and out point, so it's not just a graphical error.

Update: I have a dual monitor set up. When I double-click a clip in my bin on the left monitor and it opens in the source window on the right monitor and I scrub through setting in and out points they are incorrect. Once I simply move the cursor so the arrow is in the right monitor the in and out functions properly.

iMac 27in - Sierra 10.12
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB
Resolve 14b2

I have exactly the same problem.
Win 10 x64. Studio, beta 3.
The footage is h264 4k from a Sony A6500.

Robert James

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Phil Side wrote:
BillGarvey wrote:When in the source monitor hitting the "i" key to set an in point does not set the in point at the CTI. This also happens with hitting the "o" key for mark out point. If I set both an In and Out point and this happens and edit my clip to a timeline its the wrong in and out point, so it's not just a graphical error.

Update: I have a dual monitor set up. When I double-click a clip in my bin on the left monitor and it opens in the source window on the right monitor and I scrub through setting in and out points they are incorrect. Once I simply move the cursor so the arrow is in the right monitor the in and out functions properly.

iMac 27in - Sierra 10.12
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB
Resolve 14b2

I have exactly the same problem.
Win 10 x64. Studio, beta 3.
The footage is h264 4k from a Sony A6500.

I can confirm this behavior also on my windows based system.
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Adam_Strange

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Resolve 14.0.0b.029 taking looooong time to load I mean more tan 15 mins. On very rare occasion it loads properly.

Adam.
Davinci Resolve Studio 14.0.0b.037

Windows 10 x64 Pro Ver 1703
Intel I7 6 core 3.2 GHz.
NVIDIA GTX 970.
16 GB DDR3.
ASUS P6X58D-E MotherBoard.
500GB SSD.
2TB Hard Drive.
Blue ray Re-Writer.

Donnell Henry

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 9:46 pm

Davinci resolve on beta 3 causes late 2013 Mac Pro 6 core 64g ram to freeze. When I close davinci resolve and try to re open it or any other program after using resolve they continuously try to open but never do. This only happens after I use davinci resolve 14 beta 3. If I use any other program first, the problem does not happen. Only after I open dacinvi and start grading after a while it freezes and so does every other program I try to use after that. Until I restart my computer.
GODS CREATE

rodgross

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 2:19 am

DaVinci Resolve 14.0.0b.029

Overall, v3 is more stable than v2. I haven’t been this enthused about software since FCP 1.2!

Here are some crashes, funny business and good stuff…

06-06-17 1:20 PM Faster audio only render. 38 seconds in version 2. 27 seconds in version 3.

06-06-17 1:26 PM Duplicate Timeline. Spinning beach ball…Resolve not responding. Force Quit.

Restart

06-06-17 5:26 PM Resolve would hang between 67% to 77% open. 4 times.

Restart

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Obi-Wan II - Internal
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - Yeah, I now I need to upgrade it

Simon Lytting

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 11:31 am

Burn-in data button missing in color mode in Resolve14b3 on Windows.

Maciej Frydrych

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 11:53 am

Burn-in data button missing in color mode in Resolve14b3 on Windows.

Burn-in data now is in View/Data Burn.
Gigabyte x299 Designare EX- i9 - 16 core - 64GB RAM - Dual 1080 Ti - Areca 10 x 3Tb Raid 6. Windows 10 Pro 21H2 - Resolve Studio 18.0.3 - BMD Decklink 4K Extreme- FSI CM250 - LG 55''OLED (lutbox) - BMD Mini Panel -BMD SmartScopeDuo 4K

Romualdas Budriunas

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm

When timeline is copied in Media page, Audio track settings (like volume, pan, FX) are not copied to the timeline copy.

Evgeniy Rusinov

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Evgeniy Rusinov wrote:blinkin "media offline" red frames some times on icon on color page
and very often when playing and in this places "media offline" blinkin red screen stayng after render (1 frame red screen) - and it happins alltime in begin of clip near the cut
if i return playhed before cut - this red frame can disappear, or can not disapper - forntuna..
sometime it can disappear on playing and stayng after render

footages is cheked earler on 12.5.5 and premiere and avid - all fine
promblem in all davinci projects(new and old)

problem in 14b2 and 14b3, i use lite version
Screenshot (8).png

hardware:
windows 10 last upd
core i7 3770k
16gb ram
rx480 8gb nitro - lastest drivers

i try 14b3 on laptop - this problem on laptop to :cry:

msi GE60
windows 8.1
i4200M
gtx 765M
16gb ram
accordingly this trouble on both and cuda and opencl with files h264 mov container from dslrs

Adam Herz

PostSat Jun 10, 2017 12:12 pm

i'm having issues with single frames are completely magenta sometimes always at different TC. when you play over again it will maybe stille be theere or be somewhere else. just random.

its in the GUI as well as in the render. so far i only tried youtube 1080 preset.

footage is FS7/ALEXA/A7r II

mashine is macpro late 2013

Ed Rudolph

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 3:16 am

After grading a clip, I added the Resolve Color Stabilizer effect to a new node. After resizing the selection box and moving the playhead to an appropriate frame I hit "Analyze This Frame." The application quit. This is reproducible.

Link to crash log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yafu5xfactcil ... 5.tgz?dl=0

Nick Lear

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 am

Not sure if posted already (but didn't find under search)

Just started using v14 and very simple edit operations not working for me on Mac Beta 3 - namely "cut" is not cutting audio tracks even if track selector is on. Anyone else seen this? Can't believe this kind of thing would still be in Beta 3
Win Pro 10, Threadripper 3960x, 128GB RAM, RTX 4080 16GB VRAM, Resolve Studio 18.5 b41

Ed Rudolph

PostSun Jun 11, 2017 5:42 pm

Open project, go to Edit Page, reveal Effects Library, slide left pane to the right in order to see the various OFX options. Click on Generators. Application quits. This is reproducible.

Link to crash log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lqokmx5qfrk4 ... 2.tgz?dl=0

GuyMannerings

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Have separate audio and video clips. Linked and synced them successfully in the media page manually using clapperboard.

However, when creating a subclip from them, the audio that plays when you view the subclip in the source viewer is wildly out of sync (seconds, not frames). If you drop it from the source viewer in to the timeline, the audio is fine. It is only the source viewer that is the problem.

This worked fine in 12.5.
Last edited by GuyMannerings on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Resolve Studio 18.1.3 Build 8
Windows 10 (Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045)
Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia RTX 3700 8GB (Driver Version 30.0.15.1236)
32GB RAM
2 x WD Black SN750 2TB SSDs, one with Resolve + Cache, other with Edit media

GuyMannerings

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Adding to my above audio problem, there is no audio for some clips when viewing them in the source viewer. Once dragged on to the Timeline, there is audio.

This does not happen to all clips.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
32GB RAM

GuyMannerings

PostMon Jun 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Further audio issue: I have audio playing when there are no audio clips where the playhead is on the timeline.

See attached photo - all audio tracks are displayed, you can see audio coming through on the right of the screen, but where the playhead is, there are no audio tracks.

UPDATE: I have found that restarting Resolve clears the issue temporarily, but it keeps coming back whenever I trim the audio of a clip on the timeline. Thus, I have to keep restarting Resolve to hear the changes.

resolve 14 audio issue.png
No audio on position in timeline, yet audio plays.
resolve 14 audio issue.png (74.1 KiB) Viewed 120414 times
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
32GB RAM

GuyMannerings

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 10:49 am

Sorry for another post, but I have another audio bug!

Dropping a timeline in to another timeline, the audio carries over but does not play. I can see the audio track with its waveform, but when I play it no sound is heard.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
32GB RAM

Robert James

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Robert James wrote:Beta 3 Errors

1) Fairlight Tab: Green Flashing at various screen element. NOTE: I believe this is a problem between Resolve 14 (1,2,3) and the RX4 and 5 series video cards and drivers.

2) Edit/Fairlight Tab: When deleting a video/audio track on the Edit tab does not delete the audio on the Fairlight tab.

2017-05-26_14-33-14.png

2017-05-26_14-33-22.png

#1 is fixed with the latest (17.6.1) Radeon drivers.
Resolve Studio 14.1
ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO MB
AMD 1800x 4Ghz 32GB RAM

Ronan Le Meillat

PostTue Jun 13, 2017 5:26 pm

There is a small (non blocking) bug…

Under Mac OS 10.12.5 with keyboard layout set as "French" usually on any application when I press ALT+; (alt and ; ) I get … wich is not 3 periods but the "unicode horizontal ellipsis" special character which is U+2026 code.
But in Resolve inspector when I want to use the Title-Text effect it does nothing.
When I have the character in my the clipboard I can paste it… And it works!

Yiorgos Tryfonas

PostWed Jun 14, 2017 3:11 am

Exclamation mark for selecting wrongly identified clips no longer clickable on 14b3.

Since I've started using Ursa Mini 4.6k I have experienced a little problem when I was importing my XML from Premiere to Resolve. Some of the clips would be wrongly identified. A little red exclamation mark would appear in the left bottom side of the clip on the timeline to inform you that this might not be the correct clip. Clicking on that exclamation mark would open a new window allowing to manually select between 2~3 clips that always included the correct one.

Not great but I learned to live with it and everything was perfect till 14b2 - I had a few clips like that on my previous project and I replaced them nicely by clicking on the exclamation mark. Running 14b3 though, I started a new project for coloring, naturally getting a few of those clips. When I tried to click that exclamation mark though it does nothing. The clip selection window won't open and I'm unable to select the correct clip. I've also opened the previous project I talked about (the one I was able to select clips in 14b2) and it won't let me anymore.

I have posted about this on a separated thread but there were no replies. Today I found out on some groups that another guy had the same problem, so I consider it a bug.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve