Decklink 4K Studio Center & LFE are patched incorrectly over

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Harris Charalambous

Decklink 4K Studio Center & LFE are patched incorrectly over

PostSat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm

I ran into an issue today where my Decklink card is swapping the Center Channel of a 5.1 mix with the LFE Channel.

If I swap the channel outputs in Resolve the audio then plays correctly. I noticed the same issue in another app that also uses the Decklink for monitoring.

Playing back this same QT in another app with my Kona 4 card the audio channels are correct and there isn't any need to swap anything.

I'm on the latest desktop video drivers and this is over HDMI.

I tried multiple desktop video drivers and all netted the same result or worse yet no result if I tried to force swap the channels.

Is this a card, driver or Resolve issue?

Mike Wolf

Re: Decklink 4K Studio Center & LFE are patched incorrectly

PostThu May 02, 2019 5:07 am

This is still an issue.

Just bought an SDI to HDMI 6G Mini Converter.

LFE and Center swapped when sending SMPTE Surround L/R/C/LFE/LS/RS.

I can route 3 to 4 and 4 to 3 in my output matrix, but that's just for monitoring/playback. Obviously need correct routing for mastering.

BMD please fix!
Mike Wolf, CSI
Online Editor | Colorist
mikewolfpost.com
310-357-7211

MarshalDavis

Re: Decklink 4K Studio Center & LFE are patched incorrectly

PostThu May 16, 2019 12:23 am

Over 2 years without resolution, at this point its going to be more of a problem when they fix it, everyone will be so used to swapping these :lol:

Return to DaVinci Resolve