Resolve 14 Beta 3 Crashed on Dual Quadro HP Z800

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Aldy Waani

Resolve 14 Beta 3 Crashed on Dual Quadro HP Z800

PostFri Jun 02, 2017 9:02 am

Hi, I just download & install Resolve 14 Beta 3 [Free] on my Dual Quadro 6000 HP Z800 workstation, Win 7.
I have v12 still installed on my system.
On this v14 B3 I have successfully load an XML with 1080p footages, Playbacks normal, etc
but then i've tried to play around with the GPU settings. and set the GPU options to use the 2nd Quadro which not attached to any display. (i understand that Free version only allow us to use single GPU).

Then i must restart Resolve in order to apply the settings. But it won't allow me to reopen the project i have saved. The application just quit. But it still running on the background process in Task Manager. I quit the Process and reopen. Still same thing. Just quit unexpectedly.

So i choose to create new Project and revert back to Default settings (GPU Auto). Then re-import FCP XML, but when it tries to load the Footages it quits again without warning, and background process still there. After many attempts, i saw in a glance (a millisecond) that there's a pop up window shown saying that GPU out of Memory.. (?) My Quadro 6000 has 6GB of VRAM. and i have two of them.
There's no other application running except Resolve.

So far i have no issue running Free v12 with Dual Quadro on my system.

Is there anyway i can restore to default settings right at the Initial startup?

Again, i clearly understand that this is still in beta version and only support single GPU.. But i would like to try this new v14 features.

Appreciate any advises

Cheers!

*System Info:
HP Z800 Workstation, Dual Xeon 3,3GHz, 12GB ECC RAM, Dual Quadro 6000 6GB, 4TB Internal RAID Drives
1st Quadro: Dual Monitor attached; Apple Cinema HD Display 30-inch & Apple Cinema HD 24-inch, Resolve in Dual Monitor Layout
2nd Quadro: No Display Attached
ATTO 8GB FC HBA Card for Enterprise RAID Storage Array

Return to DaVinci Resolve