Video preview stutters with new computer

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Christoph Hähnel

Video preview stutters with new computer

PostFri Jul 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Hello from Germany,

first of all sorry for my bad english, I will do my best to explain my problem. I just bought a new computer; HP workstations are recommended from Blackmagic so I decided to buy a new system which will work very very fast with perfekt performance.

HP workstation Z840
2x Intel Xeon E5-2660v4 (14 cernel each)
128 GB RAM
3x 512 GB ZTurbodrive G2 PCIe Quad Pro
NVidia P5000

I´ve bought Davinci Resolve 12.5 and Fusion 8 and installed this as the first two programs, nothing else. The performance is so bad, something must be wrong. Even if I only watch a 4k Clip (DJI Osmo) in the preview and I scratch from left to right with my mouse, the videos stutters and show only a few stills, this must be much much faster and more fluid like when you play fast forward or backwords. And there are no transitions or effekts, only the normal view of the clip. Are there any dokuments where I can see the whole settings of Davinci or what I have to set in the windows system. The Computer is from a certified HP-Partner and the Powertest of GPU and CPU is better than best, but it works like an 500€ laptop...If I switch to normal Play in Previewv or at the timeline, the first 2-3 seconds stutter, then works with a few mistakes quite good, but I I try again to scroll with my mouse again, no change. With this performance no working possible.

Projekt is saved on the second TUrbo DriveSSD. System and Win10 has its own Turbo Drive SSD

Thanks in advance for help

FrankDoorhof

Re: Video preview stutters with new computer

PostSat Jul 08, 2017 7:46 am

Try the New beta 14
With 12.5 I never really Got h264 working properly and now it even flies on my laptop.

Return to DaVinci Resolve