More beta 5 issues

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

johnbuckman

More beta 5 issues

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 8:07 pm

OSX 10.12.5
Mac Pro Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core xeon E5
64 GB RAM
D700

Across the board this release is far buggier than beta 4, which is a bummer but I understand these are beta releases, I'm just SO eager for Resolve to finally be the single solution I want it to be :)

1. The silent audio from compound clips has been mentioned but I would add that * decomposing more than one clip at a time causes system crash *
2. Decomposing clips adds a new audio track each time.
3. I also experience audio *and video* clips disappearing on vertical scroll behavior
4. Changing clip volume in timeline or under inspector causes muting and/or unexpected cut in/out of audio.
5. I have seen unlinked audio tracks that are seconds ahead in the Fairlight timeline from their place in the edit. There seems to be no way to get this resolved that I can find. Even deleting them and dragging them back in from media pool, they are silent and missing from Fairlight, though the same instance of this audio (FX) sits in place and is audible in other instances on the timeline.
6. I can not drag and drop audio from Media Pool to Fairlight timeline.
7. Copy and paste of multiple clips results in muted audio, again not even visible in fairlight.
8. I am exporting an XML of a small edit and upon opening in Premiere, all references to one of the audio files is off timecode completely. Curiously, this happens even if I render a Premiere XML roundtrip, it burns in the audio wrong, where it plays back fine in the timeline.
Apple M1
16GB
Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
Resolve: 18.1.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve