Your GPU Memory is full.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Charles Bennett

Re: Your GPU memory is full.

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:39 am

Hello Mathieu. You can choose your render speed here.
Attachments
Render Speed.JPG
Render Speed.JPG (74.44 KiB) Viewed 13919 times
Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (546.01 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Mathieu Thibaut

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 am

@Charles Bennett

Oh, thanks. I don't understand I had never noticed that one.

Unfortunately, I updated my drivers (and windows) and Resolve keep crashing now... I can't even reach the delivery page...

MishaEngel

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Eugenia Loli wrote:What people suggest that minimum is 8 GB of VRAM, is crazy. Sorry, but when you have a $300 Panasonic camera shooting 4k, and it's required of you to get a $800-$1500 graphics card to edit that 4k video (not counting the cost of the rest of the PC), obviously something is not right. Other software solutions can do just fine with 2 GB of VRAM for 4k, and I hope Resolve gets optimized. I personally just upgraded to a 4 GB nvidia card and I have no intention of spending more money on a new one. Particularly since Resolve 15 worked fine with it. I need Resolve 16 to be able to do that too, because they were released only 1 year apart. I expect the same type of system requirements -- not doubled.

ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 RX570 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card $140

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814930008&ignorebbr=1

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Also window 8 is not recommended, w10 is.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Octave Zangs

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi guys,

I just updated to DR 16 (Beta 1). And now I can't export timelines I was exporting in DR 15 without getting random "The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error. Error Code: 0". The render doesn't stop but usually one frame will have glitch, which is so annoying I wish it would re-render the faulty clip, instead of having to backtrace which one has failed.

Here is my setup:

- Windows 10 (latest version)
- 2 x NVIDIA Titan X 12GB (Latest NVIDIA drivers as of today)
- 64GB DDR4 RAM

The timeline I'm rendering is part r3d 6k/8k and 5K CinemaDNG. I'm round-tripping to Premiere so I'm exporting at source resolution, which means 8k export for some files.

Even when I drop the render speed to 2 frames per second it will fail 2-3 clips... When I put the render at Maximum speed it will be close to 14 fps with 5-10 failed clips on a 200 clips timeline. I was able to get ~10 fps with DR 15 and no failed clips.

Any help is welcome! I could not find any info regarding "Error Code: 0". I also tried both CUDA and OpenCL mode with same results, OpenCL just being slower.

Thank you.

deezid

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 9:56 pm

Octave Zangs wrote:Hi guys,

I just updated to DR 16 (Beta 1). And now I can't export timelines I was exporting in DR 15 without getting random "The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error. Error Code: 0". The render doesn't stop but usually one frame will have glitch, which is so annoying I wish it would re-render the faulty clip, instead of having to backtrace which one has failed.

Here is my setup:

- Windows 10 (latest version)
- 2 x NVIDIA Titan X 12GB (Latest NVIDIA drivers as of today)
- 64GB DDR4 RAM

The timeline I'm rendering is part r3d 6k/8k and 5K CinemaDNG. I'm round-tripping to Premiere so I'm exporting at source resolution, which means 8k export for some files.

Even when I drop the render speed to 2 frames per second it will fail 2-3 clips... When I put the render at Maximum speed it will be close to 14 fps with 5-10 failed clips on a 200 clips timeline. I was able to get ~10 fps with DR 15 and no failed clips.

Any help is welcome! I could not find any info regarding "Error Code: 0". I also tried both CUDA and OpenCL mode with same results, OpenCL just being slower.

Thank you.

I hope you have a backup of your database or at least project.
Downgrade to 15.3.1 and continue working with it.

16 Beta chews up on Vram for whatever reason - on both Linux and Windows. Doesn't seem to be an issue on MacOS installs.
Download my 55M Advanced Luts for the Pocket 4K and 6K and UMP12K here:
https://55media.net/55mluts/

Octave Zangs

PostThu Apr 25, 2019 10:04 pm

deezid wrote:I hope you have a backup of your database or at least project.
Downgrade to 15.3.1 and continue working with it.

16 Beta chews up on Vram for whatever reason - on both Linux and Windows. Doesn't seem to be an issue on MacOS installs.

Oh got it, hope they fix it asap! I already have few days of work within DR 16... I should have tried to export earlier... Right now I'm re-exporting the glitchy clips post-render. It should have at least an option to re-export failed ones or a list of the failed clips. Right now the only way is to watch each single exported clips to detect glitches.

Eugenia Loli

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 8:41 pm

But I wonder why you choose a nVidea Graphics Card with only 4 GB of vRam, when you can get a cheep AMD Graphics card with 8 GB of vRam?

Because nvidia is more standardized with cuda and other extensions. It's a more sure bet when it comes to API support than AMD is.
Collage artist, illustrator, filmmaker: https://vimeo.com/eugenia

MishaEngel

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 pm

Eugenia Loli wrote:
But I wonder why you choose a nVidea Graphics Card with only 4 GB of vRam, when you can get a cheep AMD Graphics card with 8 GB of vRam?

Because nvidia is more standardized with cuda and other extensions. It's a more sure bet when it comes to API support than AMD is.

Freedom of choice, not required by Davinci Resolve.
Cuda is a closed system from NVidia, the open standard is OpenCL supported by all GPU makers.

Trensharo

PostFri Apr 26, 2019 11:21 pm

MishaEngel wrote:
Eugenia Loli wrote:

Cuda is a closed system from NVidia, the open standard is OpenCL supported by all GPU makers.

Nvidia supports OpenCL.

AMD does not support CUDA.

So yes, OpenCL is an open standard... but Nvidia's OpenCL performance isn't exactly trash... and going AMD removes the ability to use a superior API on superior GPU hardware.

Going Nvidia actually gives you more choice, regardless of what you think of CUDA and it's "closed nature." OpenCL is still availability.

OpenCL is also deprecated on macOS.

MishaEngel

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 12:38 am

Trensharo wrote:
MishaEngel wrote:
Eugenia Loli wrote:

Nvidia supports OpenCL.

So yes, OpenCL is an open standard... but Nvidia's OpenCL performance isn't exactly trash... and going AMD removes the ability to use a superior API on superior GPU hardware.

Going Nvidia actually gives you more choice, regardless of what you think of CUDA and it's "closed nature." OpenCL is still availability.

How is NVidia's Metal support these days? AMD's is 100%.
Metal is from the minor player Apple...

Trensharo

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 12:41 am

MishaEngel wrote:
Trensharo wrote:
MishaEngel wrote:[quote="Eugenia Loli"]

Nvidia supports OpenCL.

How is NVidia's Metal support these days? AMD's is 100%.
Metal is from the minor player Apple...[/quote]Apple ships Intel and AMD GPUs. For most people, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Spencer Acoustics

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Quite a few of us have had this problem with version 16. The cure was to update the GPU driver with the latest version. You will find the latest version on the Nvidia website. If given a choice go for the Creator version of the driver.

I already had the latest GPU creator version driver before updating to DR 16 but still get the memory full errors (I only have 4GB gpu memory). I'm not sure there is any "one thing" we can do at the moment to fix this on our end. One other thing that did help to reduce the number of errors I was getting was to set my preferences to use cuda cores vs auto. I still get errors but not nearly as often.
Spencer Acoustics

P4K, Rokinon Cine DS lenses
Asus Deluxe x299
Intel 7940X 14 core cpu
32GB ram
EVGA 3050 8GB
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 - Windows
Samsung 970 EVO M.2 - programs
Samsung 960 EVO ssd - storage
1-WD Black - storage
4-WD Blue - storage
DR Studio

MishaEngel

PostSat Apr 27, 2019 8:34 pm

Spencer Acoustics wrote:
Quite a few of us have had this problem with version 16. The cure was to update the GPU driver with the latest version. You will find the latest version on the Nvidia website. If given a choice go for the Creator version of the driver.

I already had the latest GPU creator version driver before updating to DR 16 but still get the memory full errors (I only have 4GB gpu memory). I'm not sure there is any "one thing" we can do at the moment to fix this on our end. One other thing that did help to reduce the number of errors I was getting was to set my preferences to use cuda cores vs auto. I still get errors but not nearly as often.

NVidia is the best and when it doesn't work the way you want, just buy more of it.

And when it still doesn't work the way you want, don't blame NVidia.

Will Falcon

Re: Your GPU Memory is full.

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 10:53 pm

I have 10 seconds timeline, only Deflicker and Stabilizer enabled.
The same warning on Windows computer with 2x1080 GTX 8GB each (and 64 RAM)
and the same situation on iMac with Radeon 4GB (and 40GB RAM)

So...

Will Falcon

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Same issue with DVR 16 and DVR15
on Windows computer with Nvidia GTX 2x1080 8GB Each, 64GB RAM
on iMac with Radeon 4GB with 40GB RAM

10 sec timeline, Deflicker and Stabilizer enabled, no color corrections

George Leon

PostSun Aug 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Just had this on a single clip (the others were fine) even with grading disabled. Turns out that clip was set to Super Scale 4x, which was clearly flooding the GPU memory (could see it on Task Manager). Dropping to 2x (or disabling it) fixed it.

Strange thing is, it must have worked when I first enabled Super Scale on that clip (on the same system) - but not when I reloaded the projected and hit it.

Leonardwulf

PostThu Mar 12, 2020 1:11 pm

hi all, I've a question. Does anyone have data on the performance of 2xNvidia 2080 and 2x1080. I think to update the PC but I'm not sure if it’s worth it
damm

chromfell

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 9:17 pm

I guess I'll just chime in and regurgitate.

Started having this issue a while ago, shortly after DR16 left the Beta - now, it seems like a dice roll, sometimes Davinci just jumps up about 1 or 2 GB in VRAM usage (for reasons unclear to me) and locks me out of working due to having reached "the maximum". You got more than 5 GB of VRAM left, Resolve, don't be so anxious. It seems to often pop up when I scrub through not fully cached Fusion clips. Sometimes I can totally work for days without any problems whatsoever, though.

Other various info - I mostly work on Full HD content. A few or a dozen Fusion nodes, a few more CC nodes typically, you know the deal. Hope this gets fixed eventually. Otherwise such a great software :)

Windows 10 - Treadripper 1920X - 32 GB RAM - 3x RTX 2070 (8 GB)
...and no, I won't switch away from Nvidia. I need 'em lol

claudio.pais

PostMon Apr 13, 2020 8:58 am

Hi everyone,

I'm learning how to edit some videos for the fist time. Also the first time using this application.
I was trying to do slideshow and I was always getting the error "Your GPU Memory is full" I couldn't finish rendering because I was getting the exception "rendering error GPU processing on the current clip failed".

This was my 8 seconds video:

The only thing that I have to do was to resize the media in, before import to resolve, to fit the resolution size of my project.
After that, it work perfectly.
Hope that this help someone.
Cheers.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (30.8 KiB) Viewed 11074 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.69 KiB) Viewed 11074 times

waltervolpatto

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Claudio, you need to give us the full system specs and material used, timeline size and so on
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled

vagkat91

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 10:37 am

I worked with a Ryzen 3 2200g and no external GPU. I never got the GPU Memory Full error until i added a GTX1660 SUPER 6GB. The problem was solved when i disabled my iGPU through BIOS. I noticed that my motherboard was sharing the ram with my iGPU and not the GTX. Now my total GPU memory, both shared and dedicated amounts to 26 GB. Hope this helps.
*The more memory and more slots you have occupied, the more it shares with the GPU.
Annotation 2020-08-12 133441.jpg
Annotation 2020-08-12 133441.jpg (143.67 KiB) Viewed 10411 times

Eugenia Loli

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 7:15 am

MishaEngel wrote:
Eugenia Loli wrote:What people suggest that minimum is 8 GB of VRAM, is crazy. Sorry, but when you have a $300 Panasonic camera shooting 4k, and it's required of you to get a $800-$1500 graphics card to edit that 4k video (not counting the cost of the rest of the PC), obviously something is not right. Other software solutions can do just fine with 2 GB of VRAM for 4k, and I hope Resolve gets optimized. I personally just upgraded to a 4 GB nvidia card and I have no intention of spending more money on a new one. Particularly since Resolve 15 worked fine with it. I need Resolve 16 to be able to do that too, because they were released only 1 year apart. I expect the same type of system requirements -- not doubled.

ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 RX570 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card $140

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814930008&ignorebbr=1

Yes, we know. That comment you replied to is over a year old. I've upgraded since then. But it cost me $400 last year, not $140. I didn't go for a Radeon obviously, I needed an nvidia to get the right performance from Resolve on a PC. Resolve loves CUDA, not OpenCL.
Collage artist, illustrator, filmmaker: https://vimeo.com/eugenia

Artisto

PostSat May 29, 2021 6:37 pm

Hello ! I have purchased the studio version of DR and have 17.2 I am running into this same issue. After reading through some of the posts I am having this same issue.

Asus Zephyrus G14 file:///home/oscar/Desktop/log_archive_20210529-142904.tgz (Trying to upload a crash log file here)

Ryzen 4900
GTX RTX 2060 (latest driver installed recently)
Fedora 34 (RHEL)

Jontario

PostTue Jul 20, 2021 1:08 pm

Just to add an example here, I'm editing a timeline that started at close to 10hours (9 days of filming uncut) with over 800 clips at 1080p. This is common for me and has never given this error message. I brought in one 8MB JPG in the timeline and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sometimes I bring in images without issue. This particular one was higher res than usual, but 8MB seems incredibly trivial in a timeline this size.

Deleted it from the project and all good. Strange.
Resolve Studio 18.6.3 | Windows 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 7 5800 8-Core Processor | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | 32GB RAM | 1TB SSD

George Leon

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 1:48 am

this will be vague and I haven't read the whole thread, but I was having a lot of problems with Resolve running out of virtual memory on Windows (ie. overflowing the allocated swap file). I'm not 100%, but since adjusting it to a much larger size, I haven't gotten any GPU out-of-memory errors. not sure this is the only cause (obviously GPU memory is limited), but it might be contributing - the thinking is that some GPU allocations can be swapped out to virtual memory if there is enough available.

On Windows, when you run out of virtual memory Resolve just silently crashes, but the Windows Administrative log shows that virtual memory was low. I wish Resolve caught problems like this and showed useful error messages, it took me a long time to understand why it kept crashing (nothing in its own logs as the app just dies).

FYI, my current project may be partially corrupted, because it often massively overflows my current virtual mem allocation (170GB!) when the render cache is caching grades. This is a stereo project but only 1080p (though with many SuperScale clips and lots of effects + minor Fusion work), so I suspect it isn't normal. Also R17 sometimes wildly jumps virtual memory allocation, by something like up-to 100GB in a second or so - doesn't seem normal.
Last edited by George Leon on Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

RCModelReviews

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 1:55 am

George Leon wrote:this will be vague and I haven't read the whole thread, but I was having a lot of problems with Resolve running out of virtual memory on Windows (ie. overflowing the allocated swap file).

I had this exact same problem and it turned out that my system does this if I have the inbuilt Intel CPU graphics enabled as well as the external NVidia graphics.

I went into device manager and disabled the Intel Graphics driver and everything works perfectly.

For the record I had *nothing* plugged into the motherboard (Intel) graphics connector, all my monitors were connected to the NVidia card.

Occasionally Windows update will re-activate the Intel drivers and the problem resurfaces, until I deactivate them again.
Resolve 18.1 Studio, Fusion 9 Studio
CPU: i7 8700, OS: Windows 10 32GB RAM, GPU: RTX3060
I'm refugee from Sony Vegas slicing video for my YouTube channels.

George Leon

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 1:57 am

RCModelReviews wrote:
George Leon wrote:this will be vague and I haven't read the whole thread, but I was having a lot of problems with Resolve running out of virtual memory on Windows (ie. overflowing the allocated swap file).

I had this exact same problem and it turned out that my system does this if I have the inbuilt Intel CPU graphics enabled as well as the external NVidia graphics.

I went into device manager and disabled the Intel Graphics driver and everything works perfectly.

interesting. I'm on a Ryzen 3950x system with no in-built graphics, only my Nivida 3080 FE and a 3070 FE which is not used with Resolve. The 3070 is currently driving my monitors, so maybe it's the same issue - having to shuffle data between two graphics cards (or Resolve doing something strange with an inactive card/chip)? I'll try swapping the monitors onto the 3080 and will report back.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 4:20 am

Resolve needs the UI monitors on the GPU thats doing the processing.

The exception is if you have the studio version and multiple GPUs but all UI monitors still need to be on a single GPU, usually the most powerful one if they are slightly unbalanced... which we also dont recommend.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

MarcusWolschon

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 4:31 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Resolve needs the UI monitors on the GPU thats doing the processing.

Damn. I got myself a used headless 16GB GPU for processing.
Slow but doesn't run out of memory any time soon.

Bink19th

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 4:05 am

I wrestle with this issue, but I've generally put it down to running on a modest GeForce 1050Ti 4GB. Not ideal, but GPU prices are so ridiculous at the moment, I persist.

As others have mentioned also, Noise Reduction is a common culprit in my case. Not on it's own, but when used with various other nodes. In this way, things may be fine for a while, but one too many nodes will eventually tip the scales and then it's bring on the "GPU Memory is full" errors.

My current workaround, is to render out a Noise Reduction pass of the source footage. Re-import then build the node tree with that (no longer needing a NR node).
Ryzen 9 5900X 64GB RAM, NVidia RTX A4000, EndeavourOS
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.1.4 BUILD 9

Lucas Paschoalick

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 9:01 pm

Hey guys, every time I left the Davinci Resolve in idle for more than 10-15 minutes, I get this "GPU Memory is full" error, even so there is nothing to render and nothing going on in the program.

I have a RX5700XT with 8GB of RAM, and the RAM of the board is not been used at all.

Running the latest version of Davinci Resolve Studio 17. Aaahhh, by the way, my project doesn't even have any color grade or fusion comp, this is why I know it's a bug.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 10:47 pm

Send a Resolve log, a System Info .NFO, and a project export .drp of the project that's loaded when you get the error.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

waltervolpatto

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 6:00 pm

Lucas Paschoalick wrote:Hey guys, every time I left the Davinci Resolve in idle for more than 10-15 minutes, I get this "GPU Memory is full" error, even so there is nothing to render and nothing going on in the program.

I have a RX5700XT with 8GB of RAM, and the RAM of the board is not been used at all.

Running the latest version of Davinci Resolve Studio 17. Aaahhh, by the way, my project doesn't even have any color grade or fusion comp, this is why I know it's a bug.

Are you sure that a second video card is not selected by the software? (Like an integrated one).

NorthSaturn

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 7:29 pm

Similar issue here. Resolve Studio 17.4.2 using 4K video on a very basic timeline - no color grading or fusion. Threadripper 3960X, 128 GB RAM. RX6900XT has 16GB VRAM, but when the last "GPU Full" crash happened, Task Manager shows only about 4GB being used.

Using the latest AMD Radeon drivers. Even tried reducing the timeline to 1920x1080, using optimized media and half resolution timeline proxy mode. And this happens just scrubbing the timeline with one video file and a couple of stills. Can't see how this little project is overloading my machine

Links to relevant files

Debug: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14FtK0Z ... sp=sharing

System Info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jE1zzx ... sp=sharing

DRP file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iRUyvU ... sp=sharing
Last edited by NorthSaturn on Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario Kalogjera

PostSun Feb 06, 2022 9:42 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
Lucas Paschoalick wrote:Hey guys, every time I left the Davinci Resolve in idle for more than 10-15 minutes, I get this "GPU Memory is full" error, even so there is nothing to render and nothing going on in the program.

Are you sure that a second video card is not selected by the software? (Like an integrated one).
Exactly my thoughts. GPU memory is full is pretty unheard of on AMD GPU's, they usually just crash and/or close Resolve with no warning.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk
Asus Prime X370-Pro+R7 3700X@PBO+32 GB G.Skill AEGIS DDR-4@3200MHz
Sapphire RX6700 10GB
Adata A400 120GB System,A2000 500GB Scratch SSDs
Media storage:"Always in motion is it"
BMD Mini Monitor 4K
Windows 11 Pro+Resolve Studio 18+Fusion Studio 18

Lucas Paschoalick

PostSun Feb 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Send a Resolve log, a System Info .NFO, and a project export .drp of the project that's loaded when you get the error.

Hey Friend, thanks for the reply.

This is my system info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ftWjSz ... sp=sharing

Sorry but I don't know how to get a Davinci log.

This is my project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwEdQd ... sp=sharing

But this error happens in any project.

And this is a screen shot of the error.

gpu memory is full.jpg
gpu memory is full.jpg (595.52 KiB) Viewed 6446 times

Lucas Paschoalick

PostSun Feb 06, 2022 3:07 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:

My PC don't have a onboard GPU. :D

Thanks for the reply.

waltervolpatto

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 2:24 am

Lucas Paschoalick wrote:
Dwaine Maggart wrote:Send a Resolve log, a System Info .NFO, and a project export .drp of the project that's loaded when you get the error.

Hey Friend, thanks for the reply.

This is my system info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ftWjSz ... sp=sharing

Sorry but I don't know how to get a Davinci log.

This is my project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vwEdQd ... sp=sharing

But this error happens in any project.

And this is a screen shot of the error.

gpu memory is full.jpg

which type of material are you using?
can you cache those clips (the speed effect?)
if it happen with any project it seems to be somehtin more substantial.

1) are you overclocking the system?
2) can you test the RAM for a faulty one?
3) can you test the GPU for something faulty?
can you research which is the least stable Driver for that card? (I'm not familiar with those drivers)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 3:34 am

@Lucas: It doesn't appear that your project should be exceeding the 8GB of VRAM that I think your AMD RX5700XT GPU has.

But a Resolve log would be helpful. Generate that from the Resolve Help menu: Create Diagnostics Log on Desktop.
Dwaine Maggart

Lucas Paschoalick

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 12:50 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Lucas: It doesn't appear that your project should be exceeding the 8GB of VRAM that I think your AMD RX5700XT GPU has.

But a Resolve log would be helpful. Generate that from the Resolve Help menu: Create Diagnostics Log on Desktop.

Hey Dwaine, here is the log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JKU8fb ... sp=sharing

:D

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 5:25 pm

It looks like the error happened after Resolve came out of a sleep mode.

Do you have your Windows power plan settings set to sleep the display or other things in Power Options?

Ideally, you should have a High Performance power plan selected for Resolve use.
Dwaine Maggart

evgeny_jk

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 pm

ok, here is another solution, have just a one-minute video that is basically a row of 5 duplicated pairs of clips.
I tried everything but couldn't export, and the only solution was to change Noise Reduction from 5 frames to 3 frames for the last pair (the other 4 pairs of clips didn't have NR). Then it worked fine.

4k, one clip was 4:2:0 8t, the other was 4:2:2 10bit

32GB ram, Geforce 1070 with 8GB VRAM

Uli Plank

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 9:33 am

5 frames means 11 altogether. Could already be a bit tight for 8GB if it's 4K (at least for Nvidia).
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Lucas Paschoalick

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 3:23 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:It looks like the error happened after Resolve came out of a sleep mode.

Do you have your Windows power plan settings set to sleep the display or other things in Power Options?

Ideally, you should have a High Performance power plan selected for Resolve use.

No, my PC sleeps after 20mim, but that's it. This is my power plan setup:

1.jpg
1.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 6202 times

But this error happens when I take a break from work and go do other things in the PC and left Davinci in Idle.

Like right now, I stopped to write this post, and will eat some lunch while watching netflix. The Davinci is still running, but when I came back I will have the error for sure. =(

The PC won't go to sleep in this meantime.*

Uk_Haveagohero

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 3:38 pm

is anyone getting an issue in 17.4 where their gpu isnt showing in the delivery page?
I got studio drivers and a Titan x Pascal resolve sees it where you set your GPU but its missing from the Encode and decode options and the delivery tab.
CPU :- e5-2699v3 Xeon 18cores/36Threads
Ram:- 64gb 3200
Disk1:- Crucial 1TB NVME
Disk2:- Crucial 1tb NVME
GPU:- Titan X (Pascal)

Uli Plank

PostWed Feb 09, 2022 4:35 am

Free or Studio?
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

chewiii

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 5:18 am

Hi there, I have a similar problem...

GPU memory is full. This message appears each time I try to work on R17 latest version. Yesterday night all was fine, tonight is a nightmare.
- I dlded the latest version of R17
- I updated my drivers
- I clear all cached on my memory card

I don't understand what is happening and it sucks because I'm not that familiar with computer terms and things like that so I'm quite lost... but I found that some info like the DR log and the System info could be useful for somebody that knows what he/she's doing.

Unfortunately, they are too big to be uploaded here, but I'll be happy to share them if somebody has another way to do so!

Thank you very much!
Dell, XPS 15 7590
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MHz, 6 hearth(s), 12 processor(s) logic(s), x64-based PC
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, GPU Memory: 12Go | Dedicated: 4Go | Shared: 8Go
Windows 10
DR 18.1

Mario Kalogjera

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 1:28 pm

Please search "GPU memory full"...the Forum is FULL of such posts. It would have also been nice if you mentioned what GPU and other components you have, what resolution is your footage and timelines, is it Resolve Free or Studio, do you have a dog and what's his name....stuff like that... ;)
Asus Prime X370-Pro+R7 3700X@PBO+32 GB G.Skill AEGIS DDR-4@3200MHz
Sapphire RX6700 10GB
Adata A400 120GB System,A2000 500GB Scratch SSDs
Media storage:"Always in motion is it"
BMD Mini Monitor 4K
Windows 11 Pro+Resolve Studio 18+Fusion Studio 18

Jim Simon

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 5:20 pm

Lucas Paschoalick wrote:my PC sleeps after 20mim
Make sure all "low power" settings are fully disabled on an editing system.

Turn off all Sleep/Hibernate options. Make sure hard drives and USB never shut down. Make sure the Display never shuts down.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve