startup issue w/ Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Andy Folkmann

startup issue w/ Resolve

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 4:30 am

I installed DaVinci Resolve v14.0.1 (first time user) and have an issue on startup.
When Resolve starts I see the splash screen, then immediately see the message "DaVinci Resolve Welcome.exe has stopped working". I don't find a "Welcome.exe" anywhere in the Resolve install directory. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, both time to the default install location (Program Files) with the same result. If I select "Cancel" (twice), Resolve does open.

If I ignore the "Welcome.exe" error, I can import a video and drag it into the source monitor window in the Edit page. If I hit the play icon the video plays for about 20 seconds, then Resolve crashes. I've not been able to get past this point to try any editing.

Software / Hardware description:
DaVinci Resolve v14.0.1.008
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Intel i7 930
6 GB RAM / 1 TB hard drive
Radeon HD 5700 4840 MB

I have a log file but have not been able to attach it. I tried using .log and .txt and the forum rejected both saying extension log and txt are not allowed.

I would really like to try DaVinci Resolve and would appreciate your help.

Return to DaVinci Resolve