Rendering bugs - transitions and jumps

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Robert Reisenauer

Rendering bugs - transitions and jumps

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 am

Hello all,

I've been using DaVinci Resolve lite 14.1.1 for a couple of days and I'm trying to render some timelapse videos.

But the first transition from one timelapse to the next just won't render properly. The transition (Dip to color) doesn't render at all and when the first sequence gets to the transition,the frames jump back and forth until suddenly the next clip appears. The transitions between the other sequences work perfectly and I do not have this problem.
The first suequence doesn't have any errors, when I'm rendering it in other programs.

Does anyone else have this problem and knows a solution to it?

I'm rendering to Quicktime 4k 60p h.264, but any other output format does result in the same problem. My computer is not the fastest (Windows 10, i5-4460, GTX960, 16gb RAM, SSD), but I assume this shouldn't be a problem for rendering?

Thanks
Robert

Robert Reisenauer

Re: Rendering bugs - transitions and jumps

PostSat Dec 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Does nobody have a clue, why the clips won't render properly? I have made some changes and now all clips have these jumps. That's really annoying.

Best regards
Robert

Jehan Kateli

Re: Rendering bugs - transitions and jumps

PostSat Jan 06, 2018 8:32 am

I have the same problem, and I have a feeling that it's being caused by a lack of VRAM. Do you have 2GB or 4GB?

Return to DaVinci Resolve