Horizontal News Ticker Scrolling.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Noel Ocol

Horizontal News Ticker Scrolling.

PostFri Dec 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Hello all,

Im new to Resolve and trying to find the best/easiest way to add a news style ticker feed that scolls from right to left on my projects.

I've searched youtube, this forum, and even looked for plug-in widgets for Resolve 14 but I was very suprised that there doesn't seem to be even a tutorial or anything for this very basic effect!

Im looking to add news headlines, (10-12 different news headlines) to scroll across the screen continously, in loop, during the duration of the video.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any work around or tutorial would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks

Marc Wielage

Re: Horizontal News Ticker Scrolling.

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 6:59 am

This is something you really need to do in After Effects or another graphics program.

As a crutch: Video Hive has some pre-made "fake news graphics" with banners and rolling text and all that stuff that you can buy as graphics with alpha channels. I've used those in a pinch when I needed to simulate a news broadcast.

https://videohive.net/category/after-ef ... kages/news

Some of them look pretty hokey, but a few are surprisingly professional and will work for this kind of thing. I used some banners with some well-timed title keys from Resolve and knocked a producer out of their chair, since they were not expecting anything even remotely that professional, so it can work.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Noel Ocol

Re: Horizontal News Ticker Scrolling.

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Marc for the help!

Marc Wielage wrote:This is something you really need to do in After Effects or another graphics program.

As a crutch: Video Hive has some pre-made "fake news graphics" with banners and rolling text and all that stuff that you can buy as graphics with alpha channels. I've used those in a pinch when I needed to simulate a news broadcast.

https://videohive.net/category/after-ef ... kages/news

Some of them look pretty hokey, but a few are surprisingly professional and will work for this kind of thing. I used some banners with some well-timed title keys from Resolve and knocked a producer out of their chair, since they were not expecting anything even remotely that professional, so it can work.

Return to DaVinci Resolve