Issues with importing XML using mixed resolution video

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

fencer164

Issues with importing XML using mixed resolution video

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Hello!

I just recently bought the Ursa and I was using it mixed with 1080 footage in Premiere. I filmed with a Canon C100 and with the Ursa I filmed in 4.6k. In Premiere I set my timeline for 1080 and was zooming in and out of my 4.6k footage. I usually export an xml and import that into resolve for color. I imported this time and noticed my 4.6k footage that I cropped for different edits was smaller than 1080. It was like it was interpreting my 4.6k footage as 1080 and then using the metadata for my position and scale from the project... Any idea how to stop that from happening? I'd hate to rescale every clip I made and edit to

Hector Berrebi

Re: Issues with importing XML using mixed resolution video

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

fencer164 wrote: Any idea how to stop that from happening? I'd hate to rescale every clip I made and edit to

Hi Iain

Before importing XML go to project settings and change Input Scaling, in Image Scaling to Center Crop no resizing

And of course use Sizing Information in XML import window

Everything should come in as it was made in Premiere.
H e c t o r _ B e r r e b i
---------------------------
Colorist ~ Consultant ~ Trainer
Da Vinci Resolve Certified Instructor

Return to DaVinci Resolve