Crash on startup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Val.Si

Crash on startup

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello,
I have an issue since quite some time with Resolve : everything goes right when I launch the program, but as soon as I select a project or create a new one, the screen goes white and nothing more happens (every single time, can't run the program anymore).
This started happening with version 14.0. I tried uninstalling and going back to 12.x (where I had a few intermitent crashes, but still worked approximately), and same thing happened. no luck with 14.3.
One thing I suspect is that resolve does not entrely uninstalls, as it keeps the projects somewhere (folder that I cannot find).
For info, I'm running windows 10 on a personnal pc with an intel 5820k 16gb ram and a gtx 1080 gpu.
Can we find a solution please ?
Cheers

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Crash on startup

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 am

I have seen other threads where the user changes the computer settings and turns off the internal Intel GPU to solve this issue. Can you try that.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve