Troubleshooting advice?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rakesh Malik

Troubleshooting advice?

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 3:51 pm

It's been flawless for the past few months, but this last week renders have been hanging. The entire system becomes unresponsive, and my only way forward has been to hard reboot.

I'm on Resolve 14.3 (got one complete render done without any freezing problems, but I had to redo it because my settings weren't good, and haven't gotten a successful render since I figured out what I did wrong). The system is an HP Spectre x360 with an EVGA 1080Ti in an eGPU (I know it's not ideal, but until I save up the money for a dedicated workstation, I'll have to put up with the slow renders). Windows 10, latest nVidia drivers, and I suspect, some recent update.

I did discover that Windows had reset ALL of the USB devices power management settings to enable turning them off to save power, which tells me that there was a stealth windows update in there somewhere, but disabling that didn't help.

Anyway, any advice available to help troubleshoot this would be great... I do need to make a DCP from this film soon.

Thanks!
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Return to DaVinci Resolve