Painless install on Linux Centos 7

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thomas Dove

Re: Painless install on Linux Centos 7

PostTue Jul 28, 2020 9:04 am

Dwaine,

Thanks for all the tips and help; all is working fine now.

Regards
Main Resolve: Linux Centos 7, Intel i7 16GB RAM, nVidia 1070Ti, Decklink Extreme 12G

Peter Benson

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Wow. Although I have often expressed the desire to migrate away from Windows platform and get onboard with a Linux based installation of Resolve, let me be candid: Be er having tried a Linux OS installation, ever -- and despite past experience with Amiga computers decades ago, I feel quite intimidated after reading posts on related to "Painless Install" (sic) on Linux CentOS.

After 3 years hanging with Resolve, I get the sense that despite the fact it is the year 2020, Resolve is still tightly designed for an aged Linux variant, and thereby creates a daunting prospect for Newbies, desiring to set up a Resolve computer system, even on CentOS.

Anybody got any encouraging suggestions for where to start?
DTV 10.9.7 > Kingston SD5000T > MiniMonitor > Bravia | Samsung U28D590 | DRS 14.3.0.014 | Win8.1 x64 | ASUS G751JL, i7-4720HQ, 24GB | GTX965M | 1TB HDD, 500GB EVO 850 SSD | MCU Pro | Softube Console 1 Mkii | Shuttle Pro 2

Thomas Dove

PostTue Aug 04, 2020 9:22 am

Peter,

Despite my recent pain I am going to still stick with Resolve on Linux, with five vital lessons I have learned. If you are a newbie (like me) my advice is:
1) use the bundled Centos + Resolve ISO from BMD [which also has the Nvidia drivers]
2) never update Centos nor the many parts to it
3) never update the nvidia drivers (or think very carefully/know what you are doing beforehand)
4) do frequent [at least daily] backups of the Resolve diskdb database
5) do backups of the Downloads, Desktop and any other folder you have added stuff into.

Of course you will have an old version of Centos: but for me this doesn't matter - the machine is dedicated to video editing, and even the network connection is usually off so 'old' doesn't matter.
It all works reliably, is fast etc. why does it matter that the version of Centos is old?

Sure, add things like FFPMEG and other software but don't update or mess with Centos in any way [apart from Grub to do a dual boot option with Windows if you need that **], nor with the nvidia drivers [unless you are having issues].

So, my experience is that if you use 1) it is painless. BUT BUT if you do 2) or 3) and you are a newbie then the installation breaks and you have to re-install.
HOWEVER, if you have done 4) and 5) then it can all be recovered quite quickly - fortunately I had done this so it was no problem re-installing from scratch and getting everything functioning correctly again.

** if you want to know how to do a dual boot Centos/Windows look at:
https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/dua ... tos-7.html
This goes step by step Windows then Centos install. If you look 3/4 way down the page 'Fix GRUB2' it tells you how to make the system dual boot - all straightforward.

Hope this helps

Tom
Main Resolve: Linux Centos 7, Intel i7 16GB RAM, nVidia 1070Ti, Decklink Extreme 12G

marcobubke

PostFri Aug 21, 2020 6:33 pm

I installed Resolve with on a Linux machine with Radeon VII and Ubuntu 20.04. Why not Cent OS? Because it missed some crucial drivers. Actually I ask myself if flatpak would work for Davinci Resolve. Except for the kernel everything is fixed. All the environment would be controlled by Blackmagic, so I think it could work.

emiliogonzalezjunior

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 3:44 pm

A flatpak version of davinci resolve would be great
Windows 10 Pro 1903 - Intel core i7 7700k - 64db 2666mhz DDR4 - GTX 1080ti 11gb - 24tb raid 5 - 2x 500gb SSD raid 0 (cache & optimize media).

Thomas Dove

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi,

Could someone from BMD pls provide the link to download the latest bundled Centos + Resolve ISO from BMD?
(I have tried searching on the BMD site but can't find it - the Resolve downloads are easy to find but not the Centos+Resolve ISO)

Thanks

Tom

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 8:54 pm

The link to the ISO is always in the Linux_Installation_Instructions PDF that is part of the Resolve Linux release download.

This is the most current version:

https://downloads.blackmagicdesign.com/ ... OS_7.3.iso

Note that this can only be installed from a DVD and that the computer can not have any onboard graphics enabled.

If you want something newer than CentOS 7.3, and more installation flexibility, I highly recommend Seth Goldin's CentOS/Resolve build process. He currently has a process for CentOS 7.8 and 8.2:

https://github.com/sethgoldin/install-d ... lve-centos
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Thomas Dove

PostFri Sep 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Dwaine,

Thanks for the quick answer, much appreciated!

Regards,

Tom

BMNewb

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 7:17 pm

I have a MOTU M2 soundcard and know that newer Linux kernels support it. Since CentOS tends to run older kernels "for security and stability" it would appear that those of us with newish hardware are SOL. My NVIDEA graphics card is also on the newer side, RTX 2070, mini. Would CentOS function on my machine?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 7:51 pm

No problem using an RTX2070 in Linux (including CentOS), long as you have an adequate driver.

In Resolve 16.2.7, we now use CUDA 11. This requires a 450.66 or higher NVIDA driver on Linux.

Resolve on CentOS Linux can send sound out through various sound devices using ALSA.

I can't say how outputting sound through a sound device might work on distro's other than RHEL/CentOS.

Resolve on Linux currently does not support getting sound into Resolve from such a device.
Dwaine Maggart

Perry Mitchell

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 1:17 pm

I have been rereading this long strand since my 'new' linux build has taken a back seat for a year! The Resolve software has much progressed but I see from my download today that it is still based upon CentOS 7.3 for the BMD ISO.
Does this mean that I still cannot (with that ISO) mix internal Intel graphics with an Nvidia GPU for processing?
If that is true, can somebody please suggest the best OS to use to get that capability? The machine is dedicated to Resolve and I am happy to then lock it out from any updates beyond Resolve itself and any dependencies. I have the Studio version, with a Mac dongle.
I am much attracted to Seth's install routine.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Oct 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Intel graphics is not supported in Linux by Resolve.

You never want to mix GPU types in Resolve anyway, so this should not be a concern, if you have an NVIDIA GPU.

It should only concern Linux folks that only have Intel graphics. And in that case, Resolve is not going to work.
Dwaine Maggart

Perry Mitchell

PostSun Oct 18, 2020 3:43 pm

I am an engineer with an annoying habit of wanting to know 'why?'! I also enjoy constructing machines in a penny pinching manner that makes use of stuff that others don't want. One idea that surfaced was to use Nvidia ex bitcoin mining processors. They can be had for little money compared to gaming GPUs and even more so compared to the proper 'maths' processors that 'they' would like us to buy. The cheapest ones are 'headless' (no video out) but I thought no problem - just use the built-in Intel video for the GUI. So it turns out this is (officially from BMD) a non starter. So what I want to know is:
1) Is it simply that BMD have written out this possibility in their Resolve code? or
2) Is it that their version of CentOS 7.3 does not include the requisite drivers? and thus
3) Can this possibility be had by using another linux version?
As I understand it there are all manner of issues (like Open CL/GL) precluding using Intel GPUs for processing but surely this doesn't apply to use purely as a screen driver?

As an aside - my Resolve use was motoring along nicely on my old MacPro desktop until Apple decided it didn't like Nvidia so much (or vice versa) that I couldn't update past High Sierra with my GTX980. This was no great shakes (to me) until BMD decreed that I HAD to update the OS if I wanted to use the latest Resolve, so I had to replace the Nvidia GPU with an AMD unit. This prompted the interest in building a linux system.
I thus will probably use the redundant GTX980 in my linux build so that the 'official' BMD system is at least now possible. Nevertheless - my engineering curiosity begs me to ask the above questions.
I beg your indulgence.

Perry Mitchell

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 1:38 pm

I ended up finding out the hard way!
I got a working system on Mint that used both the GTX-980 and the iGPU. If I then tried to open Resolve I got a blank 'boot' window so I guess they do indeed code to test for this before opening.
Started again with the BMD ISO for CentOS and all good.

Hendrik Proosa

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 9:09 am

Anyone having success with Resolve 17 beta on Centos? For me it seems to crash any time I do something media related, which means either opening existing project or navigating to media page in new project...
I do stuff.

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 10, 2020 9:26 am

Hendrik

Can I check which CentOS you're using and if you used the official .run installer?
Can I also bother you to check these possible dependency issue from my previous answer:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=125064#p684658

Logs and some additional context (e.g. if it happens on any clip, specific clips) would help too.

Thanks
Shrinivas

rhysday

PostSat Nov 14, 2020 7:07 am

Getting same problems with crashes on Arch/Manjaro linux. Opening projects almost crash instantly. Though I'm also having problems starting Resolve, which seems to be an issue with latest version 16 as well. No GPU detection. Using the latest linux59 kernel and nvidia 455 drivers.

Just wondering if I could be missing certain dependencies? (link above is broken).

I'm installing version 16 from the Arch User Repository which is compiled with all the dependencies. Then I install 17 with the official installer.

Seth Goldin

PostSat Nov 14, 2020 5:40 pm

Please keep this thread to CentOS 7. There’s another thread for all other distros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.sethgoldin.com

jbneyrac

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 1:44 am

Hello,

Two subjects in this post:

1. Centos 7.7=> 7.8 install on AMD Threadripper 3970x and Nvidia RTX 3090.

2. Benchmark on the same hardware Windows 10 / Centos 7.8 (updated from 7.7 install)

1. I followed the build process from Seth up to the Nvidia install. The setup proposed wouldn't work. Instead, I downloaded the last long life drivers from Nvidia and setup the driver manually. I didn't have to uninstall nouveau as the graphic card wasn't recognized as Nvidia...
It works fine Basically the only trouble is because of the size of the RTX 3090 which prevent from installing a GUI card as it takes 3 slots and the motherboard host 4 slots 2 at 16x.

I just bought a second RTX 3090 and will try to set up either just the two graphic cards or using an expander.

2. Based on the same project / files / disks, I have a 19% render time gain from Windows 10 to Centos 7.8.

I love Linux!!

Jean-Baptiste

ksilva

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 6:52 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The link to the ISO is always in the Linux_Installation_Instructions PDF that is part of the Resolve Linux release download.

Note that this can only be installed from a DVD and that the computer can not have any onboard graphics enabled.

If you want something newer than CentOS 7.3, and more installation flexibility, I highly recommend Seth Goldin's CentOS/Resolve build process. He currently has a process for CentOS 7.8 and 8.2:

If I don't have a DVD player how can I install CentOS 7.3 with Davinci and needed drivers bundled reasonably pain free? Also is there a step by step tutorial, video or link that can help me through 5he installation process?
Thank you!

lost_soul

PostMon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 pm

ksilva wrote:If I don't have a DVD player how can I install CentOS 7.3 with Davinci and needed drivers bundled reasonably pain free? Also is there a step by step tutorial, video or link that can help me through 5he installation process?
Thank you!

Linux ISO files can be written to an USB drive and you can boot off of that. But be aware that it isn't a standard copy with a file manager. On linux I use a tool called dd to get the job done. Windows admins keep telling me there is a windows tool that will get the job done but it has never worked for me, but then again me and windows hate each other. Do a search and find out how to copy a ISO to a thumb drive and give it a go.
Centos 8
RX 580
AMDGPU-pro
Studio (What ever the latest is)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 am

Our current CentOS 7.3 / Resolve 16.0 build image will ONLY install from a DVD. Copying it to a USB stick does not work. Not sure how much clearer I can be on that.

Standard solution is to use an external USB DVD drive if you don't have an internal DVD drive.

If you don't want to do that, use Seth Goldin's install process. He has one for CentOS 7.8 and 8.2. I'd recommend using the 7.8 process:

This has step by step guidance.
Last edited by Dwaine Maggart on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwaine Maggart

ksilva

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 5:16 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Our current CentOS 7.3 / Resolve 16.0 build image will ONLY install from a DVD. Copying it to a USB stick does not work. Not sure how much clearer I can be on that.

Standard solution is to use an external USB DVD drive if you don't have an internal DVD drive.

If you don't want to so that, use Seth Goldin's install process. He has one for CentOS 7.8 and 8.2. I'd recommend using the 7.8 process:

This has step by step guidance.

Thank you so much. I'll give the Seth Goldin's install process a try.

Hendrik Proosa

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:Hendrik

Can I check which CentOS you're using and if you used the official .run installer?
Can I also bother you to check these possible dependency issue from my previous answer:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=125064#p684658

Logs and some additional context (e.g. if it happens on any clip, specific clips) would help too.

Thanks
Shrinivas

Hi, sorry for the delay, didn't have time to investigate it before. I updated nvidia drivers to newest 455.45.01 version, installed 17b02 and it seems to work without problems now.
I do stuff.

KristijanZic

PostSat Dec 19, 2020 7:40 am

I have a problem. Resolve 17 crashes on importing media.
I'm using ROCm 4.0 driver.
Kernel: 5.4.0-54-generic
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X 8- (16) @ 3.800GHz
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid
Memory: 15930MiB

Davourak

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 7:14 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The link to the ISO is always in the Linux_Installation_Instructions PDF that is part of the Resolve Linux release download.

Is there a link for the latest version of Resolve for the ISO with CentOS?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 10:13 pm

The link I've posted earlier in this thread is still the current ISO. It's still CentOS 7.3 with Resolve 16.0.

I'd still suggest the Seth Goldin link, also posted above, if you want to use a newer CentOS version. He has processes for installing CentOS 7.8 and 8.2. If you follow his process and do the yum (7.8) or dnf (8.2) update, you'll end up with a 7.9 or 8.3 system.
Dwaine Maggart

Matthew Schwab

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 pm

I have a Mac BMD dongle since 2012. Will this work?

If so, can I think export ProRes source from this?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Mar 04, 2021 1:26 am

Yes, it will work with Resolve Studio on Linux. As long as it's version 14 or higher.

No. You need a Linux/Advanced Panel dongle to render ProRes on Linux. Those are only available with the purchase of an Advanced Panel set.
Dwaine Maggart

makingstuff

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 4:25 am

Just jumping in on here as I saw in the news CENTOS is being cancelled by redhat. What will this mean for DR? Thank you
Michael
Pop!_OS Linux 22.04 (Ubuntu derivitive)
Intel NUC Skull Canyon
16GB RAM
1TB SSD drive
Mesa Intel® Iris(R) Pro Graphics 580
Intel® Core™ i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz × 80 (SKL GT4)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 7:19 pm

It means nothing at the moment. CentOS 7 has support through June 2024.
Dwaine Maggart

makingstuff

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 11:19 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:It means nothing at the moment. CentOS 7 has support through June 2024.

Yup ok, that makes sense. However, for a long term stragegy do you see DR moving towards an official debian support VS centos?

It's become the desktop standard nowdays by far and even though Ubuntu is definitely pushing for being purchased by microsoft, google or similar (proprietary snap store, etc etc), dirivities like POP, etc etc keep the debian world flourishing without the corporate "my way or the highway".
Michael
Pop!_OS Linux 22.04 (Ubuntu derivitive)
Intel NUC Skull Canyon
16GB RAM
1TB SSD drive
Mesa Intel® Iris(R) Pro Graphics 580
Intel® Core™ i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz × 80 (SKL GT4)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 1:20 am

Those decisions are above my pay grade.
Dwaine Maggart

linuxfreak

PostMon Mar 22, 2021 4:12 pm

btw, 17.1 works fine on RHEL8.3

AudioDan24

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 8:56 am

Yep! I'm currently on Centos 8.4 and I'd say it's working better than ever. I posted a step-by-step copy-paste tutorial a while back on how to set up for Centos 8 (I think it was 8.2 back then). Some of the procedures have been changed or superseded in later version of the OS but the general process is the same.

I've currently got the source drives from a recently shot feature, mounted in an i7 1366-based system with 8GB RAM and an RX580 GPU. The whole film was shot in BRAW on BMD 6K Pro's and a 12K. Even on that tired old machine I'm getting 24fps playback a lot of the time in Resolve 17.2.2 on Centos 8.4. Also my Decklink / Inensity works perfectly.

Effectively this system is just hosting the PostgreSQL database project and the production footage, and I'm editing from another machine. But because of the flexibility of Centos I've been able to mimic the hard drive mount points of the Mac that the main editor is using. Projects pass between us without relinking files (which I don't believe can be achieved on Windows).

So Centos 8.4 - although not officially supported - is excellent for using Resolve 17.2 and Desktop Video. (And is a much nicer operating system than Centos 7 in my opinion. Feels like an OS and not a bunch of parts that were glued together). Don't get me wrong, it can take a bit to get your head around Centos, but it also doesn't reboot and update itself autonomously while you're 3/4 of the way through your DCP export the night before hand-over...

roger.magnusson

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 am

AudioDan24 wrote:But because of the flexibility of Centos I've been able to mimic the hard drive mount points of the Mac that the main editor is using. Projects pass between us without relinking files (which I don't believe can be achieved on Windows).

Resolve has a built-in feature for this called Mapped Mount (Preferences > System > Media Storage) that does this seamlessly, no need to change mount points in the OS. Works on macOS, Linux and Windows.

AudioDan24

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 9:57 am

roger.magnusson wrote:
AudioDan24 wrote:But because of the flexibility of Centos I've been able to mimic the hard drive mount points of the Mac that the main editor is using. Projects pass between us without relinking files (which I don't believe can be achieved on Windows).

Resolve has a built-in feature for this called Mapped Mount (Preferences > System > Media Storage) that does this seamlessly, no need to change mount points in the OS. Works on macOS, Linux and Windows.

Thank you Roger. Wow! I wish I'd known that one a long time ago. It's easy to miss (I think) because of the way you have to access it, however, that will save us some pain on this project. I'll be bringing the Windows based edit system inline with the Mac and my Centos system.

Thank you for alerting me to this!

roger.magnusson

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 10:23 am

Yes, the user experience of that particular feature could be improved. Even the second time I had to configure it I didn't remember that you had to double click in the empty field.

Maybe put the three dots there instead when it's empty?

I also think I had to restart Resolve before it started working.

AudioDan24

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 10:38 am

Again, thank you. That's great to know!
I looked it up in the manual after you pointed me to it and the description is a little ambiguous as well. Would I be correct in saying that it factors in the address you specify as an alternate mount address for the same volume / folder?

In the case of the project I'm working on we've ended up with all three systems running (Mac/Windows/Centos) so without creating my own mounting point in Centos (which I have) I'd otherwise have to be able to enter two different Mapped Mount addresses in Resolve. I wonder if there's a syntax for that - such as commas or spaces - or whether you only get one alternative..?

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Currently you only have a single mapped mount option.

Which is fine for dual systems like Mac/Windows, Windows/Linux, Linux/Mac, etc.

But not so fine if you have all 3 system types.

In that case, you'll likely have to do some sort of symlink to make the Mac and Linux system mount points look the same.
Dwaine Maggart

AudioDan24

PostWed Aug 11, 2021 11:17 pm

Hi Dwaine,
Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah in this case I've just done an "mkdir /volumes" in Centos and set up my hard drive mount points inside that. Translates perfectly between Centos and Mac so it's only Windows that need the help for this one.
Thanks again.

jamedia

PostThu Nov 11, 2021 10:18 am

ksilva wrote:If I don't have a DVD player how can I install CentOS 7.3 with Davinci and needed drivers bundled reasonably pain free? Also is there a step by step tutorial, video or link that can help me through 5he installation process?
Thank you!

These days no PC has a CD/DVD drive let alone a floppy drive. Most modern motherboard BIOS's no longer have support for floppy drives so an internal drive is not possible any more anyway.

Your best bet is [EDIT see Dwaine's post below on best option for installing Centos] to get something like this https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards-Components/Optical-Drives/All-series/ZenDrive-U7M-SDRW-08U7M-U/ so you can not only instantly add a CD/DVD drive but can also back up or archive. The M-DISC format supported by this one provides archival-quality storage to protect your precious photo, video and data for 1,000 years or more.... alegedly. We will see in 1000 years time....

I have one of these DVD drives and a 3.5inch floppy to USB. Just one of each I can move round all my computers in seconds.
Last edited by jamedia on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.JAmedia.uk
[AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]
[ Win 11 home |Resolve Studio V18.6 | Speed Editor via USB | Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen| ]

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 11, 2021 6:33 pm

Your best bet is to use the Seth Goldin CentOS Resolve Install process, and NOT use our DVD only ISO installer. Then you don't need a DVD. And you get a better CentOS install.

Dwaine Maggart

adefilm

Re: Painless install on Linux Centos 7 -

PostFri Nov 19, 2021 3:48 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your best bet is to use the Seth Goldin CentOS Resolve Install process, and NOT use our DVD only ISO installer. Then you don't need a DVD. And you get a better CentOS install.

This installation method is indeed very useful, it can solve the related problems of installing the new version of centos8's nvidia graphics driver, very good. thank you very much.
这个安装方式的确很有用,可以解决安装新版本centos8的nvidia显卡驱动的相关问题,很好。非常感谢。
系统:RHEL8.9 linux
Davinci Resolve Studio Linux :18.6.5
Davinci Resolve Studio linux 高级加密狗
硬件:
超微x10drg-q主板
E5-2699V4*2 CPU
nvidia titan xp-12GB *4GPU
128gb ram 16*8g
Decklink 4k Extreme
尊正cm171监视器
明基w5700 4k投影
LSI-9286 raid卡
磁盘阵列柜24盘*HDD6TB raid10

lost_soul

PostFri Nov 19, 2021 9:55 pm

Does any one currently have an AMD 6000 series card working well with Resolve on Linux? If so what driver are you using? I am just checking to see if AMD is an option yet even if a second rate one. I need a new card so bad.
Centos 8
RX 580
AMDGPU-pro

adefilm

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 pm

lost_soul wrote:Does any one currently have an AMD 6000 series card working well with Resolve on Linux? If so what driver are you using? I am just checking to see if AMD is an option yet even if a second rate one. I need a new card so bad.

NVIDIA graphics card is recommended. Amd graphics card has been installed and tested before. DaVinci resolve can be used after installing amd official driver, but the acceleration of OpenCL is not as fast as CUDA. In fact, the performance of rtx3060ti is already very strong. If you use the rx6600xt graphics card, you should still use it on the Mac OS 12.1 system. You can drive the mean acceleration of Mac OS. The performance in Da Vinci is similar to that in CUDA in Linux.
建议使用nvidia显卡,amd显卡之前安装测试过,安装amd官方驱动后,davinci resolve可以使用,只是opencl的加速没有cuda快。实际上rtx3060ti性能就已经很强了,如果上rx6600xt显卡还是应该使用在macos12.1系统上,可以驱动,macos的meatal加速,在达芬奇里的性能表现和linux里的cuda上类似的。
系统:RHEL8.9 linux
Davinci Resolve Studio Linux :18.6.5
Davinci Resolve Studio linux 高级加密狗
硬件:
超微x10drg-q主板
E5-2699V4*2 CPU
nvidia titan xp-12GB *4GPU
128gb ram 16*8g
Decklink 4k Extreme
尊正cm171监视器
明基w5700 4k投影
LSI-9286 raid卡
磁盘阵列柜24盘*HDD6TB raid10

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 pm

This may help with the AMD GPU:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56878&start=1950#p788357
Dwaine Maggart

lost_soul

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 10:45 pm

Thanks Dwayne. I will take that as a no on the 6000 series cards. I had hopes that now that they were finally supported by ROCm they might be useful for more than heating the office.
Centos 8
RX 580
AMDGPU-pro

danigonsi

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 10:45 am

Hi, I just installed the latest version of davinci resolve studio 17.4.3 following the github instructions (https://github.com/sethgoldin/install-d ... lve-centos) on a centos 7.9 (iso dvd and gnome base desktop)

In this machine I have a nvidia rtx 3090 and a bmd decklink.
Ok, the installation was successful and everything seems to be ok. No mistake at the moment
But now I have the following doubt and ask:

The iso installation package offered by blackmagic: bmd-iso-centos-7.3, runs the postinstall.sh script with many configuration instructions,
then,

Do I need to run this script on my centos 7.9 system?
If so:
This script receives parameters, as seen in the first line:
"" src = $ 1 # directory containing installation file dependencies ""
So what isthis directory ?

If not:
Is it better to install the iso package offered by blackmagic bmd-iso-centos-7.3 and upgrade centos 7.3 to centos 7.9 with # yum upgrade?

thank you,
regards,

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 5:00 pm

No, and no.
Dwaine Maggart
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve