DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Pacific

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

PostMon May 28, 2018 5:29 am

I would like to have more to be done who are viewing on a computer and without a full setup with grading monitor.

I'd like to use the calibration files that my i1Pro creates for my wide gamut nEC display - why can't DVR use this information just like Photoshop or Capture One Pro or Final Cut Pro does?

Absolutely essential feature for Blackmagic - to lure more people to their cameras through DVR.
DaVinci Resolve 18.6.5 Build 7
2020 27"iMac 4GB Vram 16GB RAM, i9 10-core processor, Mac OS Ventura,

Trevor Asquerthian

PostTue May 29, 2018 4:58 am

Feature request:

A ‘virtual multicam’ mode. Mainly for reality type shows but also useful for sports & entertainment shows, indeed anything with multiple sources shot contemporaneously.

How it would work:

Toggle view from current single timeline clip to show any/all clips that match that that clips shoot date & ‘multicam reference timecode’. (Audio tracks also to be available.)

Should compensate for CFPS (shoot frame rate)

Notes:

On well organised productions shoot date & timecode & cfps metadata would be accurate.

In other cases shoot date could be generated from file creation date and/or manually adjusted. Timecode similarly could be calculated from file creation time, with automatic/manual offsets for cfps.

JeffreyWalther

PostTue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

I have only two requests:

Please, keep your software stable.
Please, do not run into the same catastrophe like another company does at the moment with all their buggy software that can be subscribed. It is a disaster. And this is the main reason why I switched to BMD. You do not need to pack new (unneeded and fancy) features into every update. We need working core functions. And the integration of Fusion into Resolve is indeed a game changer.

Please, keep your software performant
This another company I was talking about above is the master of disaster of publishing unfinished software that has not only more bugs than in previous versions, but also lacks in perfomance.
Please, have everyday an eye on performance. The software shall never be unperformant with a new update.

Jeff
DaVinci Resolve Studio V18
Fusion V18
Windows 10 Pro, 64 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12x 3.8 GHz), MSI X570 Unify
GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8 GB, NVIDIA driver version 471.41 (Studio)

Pacific

PostTue May 29, 2018 6:13 pm

JeffreyWalther wrote:I have only two requests:

Please, keep your software stable.
Please, do not run into the same catastrophe like another company does at the moment with all their buggy software that can be subscribed. It is a disaster. And this is the main reason why I switched to BMD. You do not need to pack new (unneeded and fancy) features into every update. We need working core functions. And the integration of Fusion into Resolve is indeed a game changer.

Please, keep your software performant
This another company I was talking about above is the master of disaster of publishing unfinished software that has not only more bugs than in previous versions, but also lacks in perfomance.
Please, have everyday an eye on performance. The software shall never be unperformant with a new update.

Jeff

I think this is the most important feature request so far: stability and performance.

Particularly playback is not working at all in 14.3. Please make it run smoothly on an Apple Laptop.

Tom Early

PostTue May 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Pacific wrote:an Apple Laptop.

Can you be more specific? A MacBook Air from 5 years ago or the latest MacBook Pro? Resolve 14 ran well on my machine for the most part.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 13.6, Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Pacific

PostTue May 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Tom Early wrote:
Pacific wrote:an Apple Laptop.

Can you be more specific? A MacBook Air from 5 years ago or the latest MacBook Pro? Resolve 14 ran well on my machine for the most part.

MacBook Pro retina 2012 16GB ram Nvidia GForce 650M (Kepler 3.0 compatible), 500GB SSD.

While it is older, current MacBook Pros aren't that much faster.

Rakesh Malik

PostTue May 29, 2018 10:38 pm

Pacific wrote:MacBook Pro retina 2012 16GB ram Nvidia GForce 650M (Kepler 3.0 compatible), 500GB SSD.

While it is older, current MacBook Pros aren't that much faster.

Actually, they are. The processors have gotten a huge boost, and even the aging GPU that Apple still uses is enormously more powerful than the antique 650M.
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Tom Early

PostWed May 30, 2018 12:17 am

Rakesh Malik wrote:even the aging GPU that Apple still uses is enormously more powerful than the antique 650M.

exactly, you may as well have a slice of Ryvita for a graphics card than the 650M :lol:
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 13.6, Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Seth Goldin

PostMon Jun 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Currently Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder are integrated in such a way so that after a sequence from Premiere is queued to Media Encoder, a user can still switch back to Premiere and continue to work. When playing or scrubbing through footage in Premiere, Media Encoder will intelligently pause whatever it's rendering but also restart again when playback or scrubbing stops in Premiere. In this way, you can have the render going, and make some progress, but playback within Premiere is prioritized so that performance is still 100%.

It would be very nice if Resolve's Render Queue worked in the same way--so that you could start a render and then continue to flip back to the other pages and continue to work, while jobs render during idle gaps of activity on the Media, Edit, Fusion, Fairlight, and Color pages.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

SamBroggs

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 3:47 pm

Most important:

Add and edit markers on the fly DURING playback.
Playback always stops when adding and editing markers,
which takes SOOO much time logging hours of footage!!!
mbp late 2012, 16gb ram, 2,6ghz, geforce GT650M, davinci resolve 15

Trevor Asquerthian

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 pm

SamBroggs wrote:Most important:

Really? This one is super-essential

Dermot Shane

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 1:04 am

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:
SamBroggs wrote:Most important:

Really? This one is super-essential

i add markers on the fly, no sweat, no issues.. often screen a show, have an XKeys beside the producer seat with "add marker" mapped to a button so they can drop markers at will
i also have "add marker" mapped to my Artist transport so i can drop markers on the fly as well

works super well, all day long.. super useful to get through a screening in reasonable time

SamBroggs

PostWed Jun 06, 2018 10:59 am

Are you sure, you are adding markers on the fly AND editing the marker description?
For me, there are two ways.
1. Just adding a marker WITHOUT Text ON THE FLY.
2. Adding and Editing a Marker WITH Text - Playback Stops

But to me, writing notes during playback is most essential, as I am transcribing during playback.
I have been requesting this feature via Email for one year.
Can you tell me, if this is possible somehow??

Josef Pöllmann

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 am

Maybe this is a small feature-request and maybe it is possible to implement it already in the next beta-version of DaVinci Resolve 15:

Wouldn't it be nice if the drop-down-list above the timeline-player would be sorted the way that the last used timeline is always on top of the list?

We steadily work with around 20 timelines which we use in the same project for different purposes and in different seasons of the year. Actually the drop-down-list shows the timelines according to the date (or the order) of their creation. This leads to the situation that timelines we frequently use are not shown in the drop down list. (We do not use the new tabs since mislead clicks too often lead to other timelines instead of placing the pointer to a different location in the active timeline.)

Since the new drop-down-list above the source-viewer works already the requested way it shouldn't be so difficult to change the function of the second list too....

Would be very nice to have.

Thanks

Josef

Addition: Although my proposal was to include the last 10 media-files in the drop-down-list above the source-viewer it would of course also be possible to show there more than 10. The same way as in the drop-down-list above the timeline-viewer.... :)
DaVinci Resolve 18.6.5 Studio on a HP Z 420, 128 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, 2x4 + 1x2 TB Media, RTX4060TI 16GB, 551.61 Studio, W10 for Workstations 22H2 - www.muehldorf-tv.de

Vit Reiter

PostFri Jun 08, 2018 7:39 pm

Add Action operations after finish export. E.g. Send Email with success, Send Email with Error, Quick app or Shut down computer.
DaVinci Resolve 18.6.5 Studio (macOS Monterey 12.7.4)
Mac Pro 2013, AMD FirePro D700, 64GB RAM

Film Editor, Colorist, DIT, Datalab technician
linkedin.com/in/vít-reiter-film-editor

SamBroggs

PostSat Jun 09, 2018 4:40 pm

And: a shortcut to switch between stacked or tabbed timelines - like in premiere

SamBroggs

PostSat Jun 09, 2018 4:46 pm

See timeline markers in the source window when loading a sequence in the source window! I logged my footage all in one timeline and wanted to edit my marked parts to a new timeline but it seems the source window can only show clip markers.

Pacific

PostSun Jun 10, 2018 6:27 am

MUST HAVE:

support .icc custom calibration files

Many (including Blackmagic movie camera buyers) are using a computer display to edit so why not do this finally?

Steve Golding

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 am

Being able to keyframe RAW settings please, please, please!

Steve

JeffreyWalther

PostTue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

We need a fix for this issue:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=75132
Attachments
Gfx_ExtMatte.png
Gfx_ExtMatte.png (34.2 KiB) Viewed 14279 times
Last edited by JeffreyWalther on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fusion V18

mastix

PostWed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 am

I really would love to see a much better stabilization in Davinci Resolve. I am using now Beta 15 Studio and have to go to secondary solutions like Mercalli as I cannot get any useful stabilization with any of the method combinations (classic or new) perspective translation or similarity. I am doing many camera car shots and Davinci is unable to stabilize them without introducing lots of warping or artifacts.
Windows 10 64 bits
Davinci Resolve 18.1.4 Studio
INTEL 8700
32 RAM
NVIDIA RTX 3090

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 1:28 am

mastix wrote:I really would love to see a much better stabilization in Davinci Resolve. I am using now Beta 15 Studio and have to go to secondary solutions like Mercalli as I cannot get any useful stabilization with any of the method combinations (classic or new) perspective translation or similarity. I am doing many camera car shots and Davinci is unable to stabilize them without introducing lots of warping or artifacts.

Can you PM a link to me of the source shot that you found trouble with and the end result that you like?
It needs to be in a reasonable resolution and preferably ProRes or DNx.
Then we can take a look
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Dermot Shane

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 7:02 am

KB shortcuts for diffrent colored markers

doing client reviews, i have "M" mapped to my Artist Transport, and have an XKeys remote by the comfy chairs for the producer's with "M" also mapped - i roll the show and we both drop markers on the fly

would love to have their markers a diffrent color from my markers, easier to sort after a 90 min show finishes rolling, and trying to rememeber what a given marker was for at the start of the show....

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 7:35 am

You can do that right now in 15.0 beta: we have both individual and "current" selected marker and flag entries in the main menu and keyboard mapping preferences.
markers and flags.png
markers and flags.png (97.67 KiB) Viewed 14347 times

(edit: wrong attachment)

georgekg

PostThu Jun 14, 2018 9:44 pm

edit window:

- correct playback problems when "selection follows playhead" is selected. If its possible even in v15 final release, because this is the bug from v14 (maybe even from earliers versions, but I didn't use them so I can't tell).
- independet (per timeline, not per project) settings. Right now I'm working with 4K, full HD and few clips imported from VHS in SD. For each tipe of footage I have a different timeline, but I can't set different settings for each timeline. e.g. for 4K I need to enable proxies, but I don't need it enabled in HD and SD timelines etc. This is just one example.
- in stacked timelines, when dragging and dropping, to add ability to automaticaly create new video (or audio) track if I try to drop clip on empty space above (or below, for audio tracks) the last track.
- in stacked timeline to disable refreshing of all tumbnails every time when changing active timeline and make dragging and dropping from one to another timeline much more fluid. Right now it is really painfull operation. On the same machine in Premiere Pro this operation just flies. Don't get me wrong when I compare Resolve with Premiere - I like Resolve very much and want it to be even better :-)
- in Premiere Pro I can add (almost) as much as I want video tracks one on top of another (in one timeline), and experience no lags in playback or any other problems at all (like warning windows or such). In Resolve this ability is limited by amount of graphic card RAM. In Resolve, this should be resolved :D
- add rulers with lines (like in Photoshop). This would help in repositioning certain objects in frame. e.g. if I need to position one object at the same place, in two different timelines

color page:

- add ability to resize all panels. For us who don't have any console it would be much better if we could resize e.g. color wheels panel (and to resize color wheels along with panel) when we need to do some precise cursor moving inside color wheel.

deliver page:

- to add ability to reorder jobs in render queue and to select (by default) for rendering all unfinished jobs - not just the one lastly added
25 years in editing. On DR since v14

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB
Work: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 2TB
Cache: Firecuda 530 Star Wars Mandalorian 1TB
Render: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD

Dermot Shane

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:

You can do that right now in 15.0 beta: we have both individual and "current" selected marker and flag entries in the main menu and keyboard mapping preferences.
markers and flags.png

(edit: wrong attachment)

Shrinivas;

many thanks, will map for this afternoon's session for producer's notes straightaway....

with this i could have a banana for yellow markers, a strawberry for red markers beside the comfy chairs;

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostFri Jun 15, 2018 5:28 pm

JeffreyWalther wrote:We need a fix for this issue:

Please, no. That will break every respectable workflow from big vfx vendors where you have x amount of tails for both clip and matte.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Nathan Morgan

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 6:12 am

A filter option for smart bins based on whether or not a clip is a part of a multigroup.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

JeffreyWalther

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 9:55 am

waltervolpatto wrote:
JeffreyWalther wrote:We need a fix for this issue:

Please, no. That will break every respectable workflow from big vfx vendors where you have x amount of tails for both clip and matte.

So what would be your workflow to achieve this simple task, where Track 2 has three clips from a single source and the matte should be used as transition to Track 1, which plays continuously until end.
Compounding each portion and then adding ext. matte is not a good workflow, because you loose the control on the entire edit on the source (e.g. because customers wishes edit points of portions to move forward or backward but keeping the set transition). The behaviour in DR at the moments makes not that much sense to me.
Attachments
bcdjhombaefcgnjl.jpg
bcdjhombaefcgnjl.jpg (205.42 KiB) Viewed 14229 times
Fusion V18

Jim Simon

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 1:56 pm

Steve Golding wrote:Being able to keyframe RAW settings please, please, please!

You can cut the clip and apply different RAW settings to each portion. Use transitions to smooth it out.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Pacific

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 8:32 pm

I'd love to be able to name nodes.

Nodes are like Photoshop layers (with more arrangement options, of course): I'd get lost quickly in Photoshop work would I not name each layer and what it is doing (if it's not obvious)

If I can name nodes like "glow" "warming up" "contrast+"

georgekg

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Pacific wrote:I'd love to be able to name nodes.

Nodes are like Photoshop layers (with more arrangement options, of course): I'd get lost quickly in Photoshop work would I not name each layer and what it is doing (if it's not obvious)

If I can name nodes like "glow" "warming up" "contrast+"
Right click on node - change label

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB

Steve Golding

PostSat Jun 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
Steve Golding wrote:Being able to keyframe RAW settings please, please, please!

You can cut the clip and apply different RAW settings to each portion. Use transitions to smooth it out.

Yes Jim, you are right, but having a timeline with horizontal Lines for each setting (much like Maya of animation) would make this a much quicker and easier process. When yo look at the RAW settings the Keyfame Timeline is already there on screen. It just does nothing with RAW, so could be replaced with one which did.

I do a fair bit of 'run and gun' work with my BMPCC where there is no control of lighting possible, and changing F stop is an electronic crash controlled by the camera.

I just feel that this is an obvious feature that BM seem unwilling to implement.

Steve

JeffreyWalther

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Feature request: changing all project settings at any time (incl. timeline frame rate, even after edit has been made)
Fusion V18

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 am

JeffreyWalther wrote:Feature request: changing all project settings at any time (incl. timeline frame rate, even after edit has been made)

Hypothetically, if you change the timeline frame rate after making a timeline and placed clips there, how would you like the clips re-arranged? Would you honor the in/out points and ignore the edit duration? Ignore the out and use in and duration? What would you like for ramped speed changes? Would transitions that were 24 frames before become 30? Would keyframes relate to the start timecode or the % of the new duration?

wutongdegugeyouxiang

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 am

I think that it should be a modification of the clip frame rate like the premiere type, the time code is constant, and the total length of time is constant, just the change in the frame rate. This change is reasonable. We often encounter the frame rate of our video is 29.97, and when we want to give the TV station is 29.97, the frame rate of dropped frames. Many radio stations in Asia have a frame rate of 25, and in Leonardo da Vinci we cannot have a project that satisfies the requirements of multiple radio stations. The current approach is to render the finished video and import it into a different frame rate project for second rendering.
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.0b.017;i7 6700, rx 590, 16G RAM

Leslie Wand

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 7:12 am

Dermot Shane wrote:twenty five years ago i had these buttons;

s-l1600.jpg

maybe in v16 we could catch up to Accom 1993?

should note that i have this functionality on my Artist Color, Transport, XKeys, StreamDeck, Wacom and Twister already, so it's not that much use to me, if it appears on the mini it would be nice for when i freelance on one of those

i've been using a logitech g110 keyboard since they first came out -

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002 ... B002RRLQIO

12 programmable keys - be lost without it....
www.lesliewand.com.au
amd5 5800x / 32gb ram / rtx 3050 8gb / win 10 pro
sony ex3, sony a6400

georgekg

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 am

wutongdegugeyouxiang wrote:I think that it should be a modification of the clip frame rate like the premiere type, the time code is constant, and the total length of time is constant, just the change in the frame rate. This change is reasonable. We often encounter the frame rate of our video is 29.97, and when we want to give the TV station is 29.97, the frame rate of dropped frames. Many radio stations in Asia have a frame rate of 25, and in Leonardo da Vinci we cannot have a project that satisfies the requirements of multiple radio stations. The current approach is to render the finished video and import it into a different frame rate project for second rendering.
It would be nice if we could work with Leonardo daVinci, but we mostly work in Davinci Resolve and with tv stations (but Fairlight is powerfull enough to produce radio commercials)... Just kidding

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB

JeffreyWalther

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:
JeffreyWalther wrote:Feature request: changing all project settings at any time (incl. timeline frame rate, even after edit has been made)

Hypothetically, if you change the timeline frame rate after making a timeline and placed clips there, how would you like the clips re-arranged? Would you honor the in/out points and ignore the edit duration? Ignore the out and use in and duration? What would you like for ramped speed changes? Would transitions that were 24 frames before become 30? Would keyframes relate to the start timecode or the % of the new duration?

Hi Peter,

My first intension was to change the timeline, after one clip has been added with accidently the incorrect time line frame rate. But your questions are fair and also tricky. I haven't had thoughts on that so far. I think there is no all-in-one solution that match all use cases. I see there is too much effort to cover all situations, so I reject my request and rather take care of my initial settings.

But: I would rather keep ins and outs, because those are aligend to the HH:MM:SS time and propably to a music track. So moving ins and outs would destroy the cuts, e.g. in a music video.

Jeff
Fusion V18

Jim Simon

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Steve Golding wrote:I do a fair bit of 'run and gun' work with my BMPCC where there is no control of lighting possible, and changing F stop is an electronic crash controlled by the camera.

I do as well. You can keyframe the normal Color controls. I've found that very effective in such situations.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 4:09 pm

You can. Right click on one.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jean Claude

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 4:27 pm

Jim Simon wrote:

You can. Right click on one.

Or create your shortcut. :)

shortcut.jpg
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Nathan Morgan

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm

JeffreyWalther wrote:Hypothetically, if you change the timeline frame rate after making a timeline and placed clips there, how would you like the clips re-arranged? Would you honor the in/out points and ignore the edit duration? Ignore the out and use in and duration? What would you like for ramped speed changes? Would transitions that were 24 frames before become 30? Would keyframes relate to the start timecode or the % of the new duration?

While I do not think it wise to be able to arbitrarily be able to change timeline frame rate (for the reasons that Peter has pointed out above) The are a couple of conversions that we do on a regular basis in TV that would definitely be helpful to be included in DaVinci. The biggest one being a show that is editing in 23.98 but airing in 29.97i. I realize that there is an option in the delivery page to make this conversion, but there are times when we need to convert the sequence to add additional 29.97i content or make timing edits to acts etc. and being able to do this conversion would be key. The two other key factors need for this to be viable though would be to 1) be able to see 29.97 DF TC in a 23.98 sequence. 2) To be able to have 23.98 clips have proper 3:2 pulldown in a 29.97i sequence.

I am not an engineer, but I think they way it currently roughly works in Avid is that the clip in points are honored and the edit points are modified based on the 3:2 conversion. So clips are the same length in time, but will contain more frames. Timewarps are recalculated on a keyframe basis using the anchor frame as a starting point (ex a time warp keyframe of 500% warp becomes 400%) and transitions are modified the same way so a 24 frame transition would become a 30 frame transition.

I hope this provides some insight. Also one additional thing that has been requested from Avid for years is the ability to set the PDP offset. Right now Avid always calculated the coincidence point from the start of the sequence but we normally want the PDP to be at 01:00:00:00 even though are sequence normally starts at 00:58:00:00 to account for leader. To be able to set the PDP at 01:00:00:00 would be killer.
Desktop Video 12.0

Nathan Morgan

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 5:52 pm

It would be great if there was a keyboard shortcut for Auto Select/Deselect all Audio and Video instead of having to do each individually. I would love to hear from others, but for me personally this has been very confusing to have as separate commands and a majority of the time I would always be selecting/ deselecting all tracks at once.

Even better a separate shortcut for "Select All Tracks" and "Deselect All Tracks" so that you don't have to guess/ calculate if you command will be a select or deselect command.

Lastly it would be great if there was a quicker way to select groups of the "Auto Select" buttons. In other programs you are able to shift click and drag to select multiple auto select buttons but in DaVinci shift click automatically does a select all/deselect all or either audio or video.
Desktop Video 12.0

georgekg

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 9:18 pm

On edit page:
-to have an option (with aditional key on keyboard pressed) to click and drag a clip from one point in timeline to another with inserting (and changing the duration of the timeline) and leave the gap on clip's original position. Analogy with Premiere Pro - ctr + click and move
-to have an option (with additional key on keyboard pressed) to click on certain clip and to move all the clips onwards to the right (or to the left if there is an empty space, or if you want to overwrite clips in the left part of the timeline) in one track. Or with another key on keyboard pressed, to click and move (left or right) all clips onward in entire timeline. Analogy with Premiere Pro - with Track Select Forward Tool to move all clips onward, or with shift pressed to move all clips onward in just one track.
-to have an option (with aditional key on keyboard pressed) to click and drag a clip (or group of selected clips) in one timeline and move (not copy) them to another stacked timeline. With this option there will be no chance to copy twice the same clip (or clips) from one timeline to another.

ASRock Steel Legend Z790
i7 13700k
64GB DDR5 5200
NVIDIA RTX 3090 24GB

Chad Capeland

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 9:35 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:

You'd want no changes at all to the output, so all of the timings would have to change. So the in and out points would have to change as well as all the keyframes.

A project created at 60fps and output at 60fps should look no different than one created at 60fps and output at 120fps other than smoother transitions/animations.
Chad Capeland
Indicated, LLC
www.floweffects.com

bsimsonVR

PostMon Jun 18, 2018 10:35 pm

I would like to see "Supported Stereo 3D Media" expanded to include side-by-side and over/under stereoscopic files.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 am

Nathan Morgan wrote:It would be great if there was a keyboard shortcut for Auto Select/Deselect all Audio and Video instead of having to do each individually. I would love to hear from others, but for me personally this has been very confusing to have as separate commands and a majority of the time I would always be selecting/ deselecting all tracks at once.

Even better a separate shortcut for "Select All Tracks" and "Deselect All Tracks" so that you don't have to guess/ calculate if you command will be a select or deselect command.

Lastly it would be great if there was a quicker way to select groups of the "Auto Select" buttons. In other programs you are able to shift click and drag to select multiple auto select buttons but in DaVinci shift click automatically does a select all/deselect all or either audio or video.

Command F9 is auto select all

Nathan Morgan

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 2:41 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Command F9 is auto select all

I can't tell if I am just an idiot or if this isn't working in 15b5 but for some reason this isn't working for me. Is anyone else having this problem? (I switched to the Resolve keyboard default and I couldn't find the entry for auto select all to confirm that I had it set right)

Let me know if you know what I might be doing wrong.
Desktop Video 12.0

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Jun 19, 2018 3:32 am

What do you see in the timeline menu for auto selector?
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve