DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jim Simon

Re: Notes from my recent project...

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:12 am

Andy Mees wrote:selecting a folder in the ‘Bin List’ (when visible at left) will show (at right) all clips contained in that bin and any sub bins

You can select multiple bins at the same time to see all the clips in those bins.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:16 am

Andy Mees wrote:View all (or partial) Clip Attributes under tab within the ‘Inspector’ panel. At present Clip Attributes are available only with a modal window. Making basic Clip Attributes available within the Inspector panel

I wouldn't like this one. The current options in the Inspector are changed frequently. The options under Clip Attributes are changed much less frequently, and typically only once. I think adding them to the Inspector would just be clutter.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:19 am

Andy Mees wrote:[WISH] A keyboard modifier function for toggling trim behaviour (depending on the current mode). At present it is impossible to perform a ‘ripple edit’ whilst in Selection Mode, just as it is impossible to perform a ‘resize edit’ whilst in Trim Mode. Overall the keyboard driven edit functionality in Resolve is top notch ... but sometimes a click and drag is what is most appropriate. The need to switch modes in order to perform a quick ripple edit when in Selection Mode (or the opposite) could be easily obviated by allowing a modifier key to override/toggle the currently selected mode behaviour.

This doesn't make much sense. What difference if you hit the keyboard to change modes or hit the keyboard to toggle modes? You're still hitting the keyboard, and the current behavior doesn't require the expenditure of limited resources.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Andy Mees

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 1:03 am

Jim Simon wrote:I wouldn't like this one. The current options in the Inspector are changed frequently. The options under Clip Attributes are changed much less frequently, and typically only once. I think adding them to the Inspector would just be clutter.

Yeah... it's kind of a broad request, hence the suggestion for possible 'partial' access ie to specific attributes ... essentially the request is driven by a need to access clip audio channel controls. The current modal method is a bit of a block to productivity. Perhaps a more appropriate request would simply be to add solo and mute controls to the audio meters display in the Media Page.

Andy Mees

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 1:08 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Andy Mees wrote:[WISH] A keyboard modifier function for toggling trim behaviour (depending on the current mode).

This doesn't make much sense. What difference if you hit the keyboard to change modes or hit the keyboard to toggle modes? You're still hitting the keyboard, and the current behavior doesn't require the expenditure of limited resources.

It makes perfect sense Jim, and its why pretty much every other NLE works this way. Holding a key whilst performing an operation (to modify function behaviour) is faster than pressing a key, performing a behaviour and then pressing a key again. It's the same reason there is currently no 'pen tool' in Resolve, just a context sensitive behaviour based on a modifier.

Andy Mees

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 1:12 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Andy Mees wrote:selecting a folder in the ‘Bin List’ (when visible at left) will show (at right) all clips contained in that bin and any sub bins

You can select multiple bins at the same time to see all the clips in those bins.

Thanks Jim, thats a useful tip.

Adrian Mcyorian

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 12:18 pm

TEXT+ ( please) Read all font on PC!

Normal text shows all installed fonts but Text+ dont!

If you modfy a setting on text+ with (for example) a shake there is no way to edit this shake properties!
where can i find the shake settings? if you press "edit" nothing happens!
System specs:
Resolve Studio version: 18.5.1
CPU: Intel core I5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTX 1070

mattfezz

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Some additional icons for when working with remote grades:
in addition to the the red icon indicating another instance of the clip is used in the timeline:

- a red arrow/indicator to left or right (or both) indicating clip is used earlier, later or both in the timeline
- a small indication (perhaps up) indicating the clip is used as a remote grade in another timeline (besides master timeline)
Mac Pro 7,1 | 3.2Ghz 16 Core | 192GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Radeon RX 6900XT | Ultrastudio 4K Mini
macOS 14.3.1 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 | Desktop Video 12.3.1

Nathan Morgan

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 pm

When Avid sees clips over 24 hrs it returns the TC to the 0 hour.

So a clip with TC 24:30:00 in Avid becomes 00:30:00.

I realize this is not a DaVinci problem, but in an effort to make the conform from Avid easier it would be great if there was an easy option to have DaVinci emulate this wrap around TC scheme. Primarily for the edit index when importing AAFs but also for clips if needed.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Radius

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 10:55 am

Share bins between projects

Radius

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Pedro Dias wrote:
    Preview Fonts in all places where fonts are used
    Preview Transitions, like most/all other software do
    Preview Generators, to the extent that they're previewable
    Preview LUTs (just kidding! I know that one's done, and done WELL)

+1

Jim Simon

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 8:08 pm

It would be very helpful if the Open in Timeline operation also performed a Match Frame, so that the Playhead was on the same frame in the newly opened timeline.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Nov 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Andy Mees wrote:The current modal method is a bit of a block to productivity.

I actually find it a great benefit, as we can modify a whole group of clips at once. Doing this through the Inspector (one at a time) would be the hindrance to productivity.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Andy Mees

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 12:31 am

Jim Simon wrote:I actually find it a great benefit, as we can modify a whole group of clips at once.

You can adjust multiple clips in the Inspector too, it's exactly the same in that regard. The issue for me is not the functionality, it's the modality.

danielstonehouse

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 7:52 am

mattfezz wrote:Some additional icons for when working with remote grades:

Hi Matt!

I've been asking for this for a long time now. I even mocked up some icons.

So I'm pretty sure every modern colourist faces the same problems working on commercials as I do. Long takes, short shots, multiple overlapping timelines (that are allegedly cutdown, but often not), lots of reframes, speed changes, wanting to grade in context, but also wanting to deliver back full plate source res individual clips.

Using Remote grades is really powerful but when you have lots of timelines things can get confused (forgetting to manually update versions in every timeline, different overlapping sections of the source footage used in different timeline etc etc). The Master timeline is a great idea, but in the modern long take era, you can often have a master timeline that is 40 minutes long for a 60 second commercial - too long to be useful, too much hunting around for the bit of the shot you are interested in. The master timeline would have been fantastic in the film era, where takes were much shorter, and your Resolve source footage would only really be the part of the shot you need plus handles, not all the way from "Rolling" to "Cut"! Using a "split and add" workflow can get you close but it's pretty inflexible if things change, or new timelines get added (as they often do in the commercials world, no such thing as a locked edit any more).

My biggest feature request is for the Master timeline to be made useful again, by allowing a preference to limit it to footage used in other timelines plus handles. On commercials jobs you could do all your tracking in here and know you were covering all footage used. At the end of the job you could render this timeline and have all the footage needed for the online.

Or if I'm being greedy, I hope for the master timeline to morph into a customisable smart timelines feature that would allow you to define a timeline with variables (ie Create a new timeline that live updates, sourced from three "normal" timeline, lets say your 60, your 30, and your 15, sort in reel name then timecode order, a split threshold in frames, clips with grade versions stacked on tracks, etc etc).

I've always thought A/C timeline sort and show clip with handles are two very powerful tools that show the way forward - they allow you to temporarily engage with a timeline or a shot in a different, useful way, that you can quickly toggle in and out of.

In that spirit I would also love show clip with handles to have two sub options that can be turned off and on, that apply when you view a clip with handles: remove speed changes and show each clip at 100% speed, and to remove input and edit sizing, fitting the full image to the screen. Or perhaps there could be a master scaling override on the colour page, that functions similarly to highlight mode

I think any colourist who works on commercials would really appreciate all of these features.

Marcus Herrick

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 pm

Just a little Request. Double click on the the screen scaling icon should snap to fit. Rather tan having to click and select from the drop down. Fusion has a 'fit' button, which was awesome. Rather than that though, just set the current icon for screen zoom to fit on either a double click or a middle click.

mattfezz

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 12:57 am

danielstonehouse wrote:
mattfezz wrote:Some additional icons for when working with remote grades:

Hi Matt!

I've been asking for this for a long time now. I even mocked up some icons.

So I'm pretty sure every modern colourist faces the same problems working on commercials as I do. Long takes, short shots, multiple overlapping timelines (that are allegedly cutdown, but often not), lots of reframes, speed changes, wanting to grade in context, but also wanting to deliver back full plate source res individual clips.

Using Remote grades is really powerful but when you have lots of timelines things can get confused (forgetting to manually update versions in every timeline, different overlapping sections of the source footage used in different timeline etc etc). The Master timeline is a great idea, but in the modern long take era, you can often have a master timeline that is 40 minutes long for a 60 second commercial - too long to be useful, too much hunting around for the bit of the shot you are interested in. The master timeline would have been fantastic in the film era, where takes were much shorter, and your Resolve source footage would only really be the part of the shot you need plus handles, not all the way from "Rolling" to "Cut"! Using a "split and add" workflow can get you close but it's pretty inflexible if things change, or new timelines get added (as they often do in the commercials world, no such thing as a locked edit any more).

My biggest feature request is for the Master timeline to be made useful again, by allowing a preference to limit it to footage used in other timelines plus handles. On commercials jobs you could do all your tracking in here and know you were covering all footage used. At the end of the job you could render this timeline and have all the footage needed for the online.

Or if I'm being greedy, I hope for the master timeline to morph into a customisable smart timelines feature that would allow you to define a timeline with variables (ie Create a new timeline that live updates, sourced from three "normal" timeline, lets say your 60, your 30, and your 15, sort in reel name then timecode order, a split threshold in frames, clips with grade versions stacked on tracks, etc etc).

I've always thought A/C timeline sort and show clip with handles are two very powerful tools that show the way forward - they allow you to temporarily engage with a timeline or a shot in a different, useful way, that you can quickly toggle in and out of.

In that spirit I would also love show clip with handles to have two sub options that can be turned off and on, that apply when you view a clip with handles: remove speed changes and show each clip at 100% speed, and to remove input and edit sizing, fitting the full image to the screen. Or perhaps there could be a master scaling override on the colour page, that functions similarly to highlight mode

I think any colourist who works on commercials would really appreciate all of these features.

amazing man, If BM could implement anything like this I would happily purchase resolve all over again :p

Also-
C is great, although wish there was a toggle for it to playback in source order, especially for longer timelines.
Mac Pro 7,1 | 3.2Ghz 16 Core | 192GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega II Duo, Radeon RX 6900XT | Ultrastudio 4K Mini
macOS 14.3.1 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 | Desktop Video 12.3.1

Derek Morrison

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 2:53 am

Too many pages to read through, so forgive me if I'm echoing here.

Not everyone uses Fairlight. Please Please Please add Embedded OMF Export. It is such a hassle for some reason to get a project out of Resolve to deliver to Nuendo/ProTools/Cubase, etc.

Please add Embedded OMF Export

And Resolve Database Manager for Linux

etang77

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 5:26 am

A "reminder" that there's output going on instead of quiting straight away.

That happened to me last week, and I basically wasted 6 hours of my time...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 6:38 am

etang77 wrote:A "reminder" that there's output going on instead of quiting straight away.

Are you referring to Resolve following your instruction to Quit while rendering?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

PieroLass

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 3:19 pm

Aaf with original files name (or that Can link to original audio file even for syncronised clip) and metadata(very usefull when you have multiple mics) that actually is openable in pro tools(even in the previuos versions, not Just the latest)!!!! This Is my One and only Need as editor to work with davinci without getting in trouble at the end of a project. I pray God to have this feature One day and stop beeing worried about the end of a job.

Seth Goldin

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 pm

For filtering clips on the Color and Deliver pages, I'd love to be able to filter by cache status, i.e.:
  • Render Cache Fusion Output Boolean operator On or Off
  • Render Cache Color Output Boolean operator On or Off
  • Contains a node with a node cache that Boolean operator On or Off or something like that...
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Andrzej

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Is it anyway to match a clip from a bin to a timeline? If not that would be my request for version 16. Plus can you compare open nested multi-cam timeline with regular timeline? If not that would be my second request.

etang77

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 2:23 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:
etang77 wrote:A "reminder" that there's output going on instead of quiting straight away.

Are you referring to Resolve following your instruction to Quit while rendering?

Yes. A most unfortunate coincident.

As I use shortcut a lot, and I simply press command+Q, while thinking I was in Finder...

etang77

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 2:34 am

Jim Simon wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:Delivery page, estimation of completion time

We have that now.

But for DCP (easyDCP) the time is not quite right. I think the MacPro I used is slightly older, but when it says 3 hours, it renders to 99% at 3 hours, then there is around 30 minutes where it does its own thing. And when it is finally done, the completion time will still say 3 hours, instead of 3 hours 30 mintues. I don't know what that 30 minutes are, but it's not calculated into the rendering time.

studio1492

+1 View Duplicate Frames

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 3:05 am

+1 View Duplicate frames on the fly on the timeline.

- MBP 14" M1 Pro 16GB, 1TB, 10 core CPU, 16 core GPU.
- Resolve Studio 18.6.4 @ macOS 13.6.2
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Speed Editor (gathering dust until killer custom keys arrive)
- Synology DS218

Gary Hango

PostSat Nov 10, 2018 3:30 pm

etang77 wrote:
Jim Simon wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:Delivery page, estimation of completion time

We have that now.

But for DCP (easyDCP) the time is not quite right. I think the MacPro I used is slightly older, but when it says 3 hours, it renders to 99% at 3 hours, then there is around 30 minutes where it does its own thing. And when it is finally done, the completion time will still say 3 hours, instead of 3 hours 30 mintues. I don't know what that 30 minutes are, but it's not calculated into the rendering time.

I’m pretty sure the 3 hours is taken creating the frames and audio files, and the 30 minutes is taken packing them into MXF files and creating the other DCP assets.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

Radius

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 9:42 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duplicate Frames indicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate Porter

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 4:41 pm

+1 to duplicate frame markers

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Radius wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duplicate Frames indicator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you elaborate?
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Nathan Morgan

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 4:59 pm

It doesn't seem like any of the generators including solid color, text and text+ are able to be set above 100 nits when using "Resolve Color Managed" color science.

Even more frustrating is that it looks like text and solid color generators scale (somewhat) in ACES projects (though text+ is still limited to 100 nits.)

I would request that generators be set to use any value in the color space you are working in.

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request so I will cross post in a separate BUG thread in case there are questions or someone can set me straight on how to get this to work.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Trevor Asquerthian

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Range selection in Fairlight is great - please make available in the edit page too.

Trevor Asquerthian

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Fairlight page: Allow roll edits to match edit page

Fairlight page: Allow add transitions to match edit page (I can adjust duration in Fairlight page but cannot add or remove them)

Edit and Fairlight page: Allow transitions to be adjusted relative to the edit (not limited to start at, centred and end at)

Edit and Fairlight page: Command to add transitions In to Out

Levi3d

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 5:38 pm

More open customisation of the UI.
Per 'saver' node rendering in Fusion.
Wider support for renderfarms/distibuted rendering.
Support for 'cryptomatte'
Masks that, (like Nuke) allow you to set the softedge/fall off per vertex/path point, rather than a single control across the entire mask.

etang77

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 am

Gary Hango wrote:
etang77 wrote:
Jim Simon wrote:
We have that now.

I’m pretty sure the 3 hours is taken creating the frames and audio files, and the 30 minutes is taken packing them into MXF files and creating the other DCP assets.

I'm pretty sure you're right. But it'd be nice for the packing to be calculated. Because the first time I packed a DCP, I wasn't sure if it froze or still rendering, as it looked like it stopped at 99%, the countdown is 0. Since I've already used 6 hours (it was on a different setting), I decided to wait it out, which was another 40 minutes.

VitusSoska

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Two things bugging me most:

1. I'd like to have customizable Shortcuts for those little buttons, especially for "off".
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (60.31 KiB) Viewed 13872 times

2. A clone and media management error handling. I'd like to see where and what happenend and to have something like resume copying or jump corrupt file choice, instead of having not even an appropriate error message.

But otherwise I'm pretty happy right now ;)
Intel i9-9900K,
32GB DDR4,
AMD RADEON VII 16GB VRAM,
WINDOWS 10 Pro, DR17PB9

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 11:05 pm

Andy Mees wrote:You can adjust multiple clips in the Inspector too

Didn't know that. Thanks.

But it seems it works only after placing in a timeline. I think the idea is to do this kind of work on the clips from the Media page, before you start the editing process.
Last edited by Jim Simon on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Are you referring to Resolve following your instruction to Quit while rendering?

A confirmation dialog might not be a bad idea. The way Firefox asks if you really want to close the browser if a download is occurring.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 11:16 pm

etang77 wrote:it'd be nice for the packing to be calculated.

That might not be so easy, as muxing is a separate process occurring outside the Resolve render engine.

Premiere Pro also doesn't take muxing into account.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I'd love for Select Nearest Edit Point to be subject to Auto Select. The shortcut is kind of useless if it's only operating on one track, forcing a mouse grab to get the others.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

etang77

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:26 am

Jim Simon wrote:
etang77 wrote:it'd be nice for the packing to be calculated.

That might not be so easy, as muxing is a separate process occurring outside the Resolve render engine.

Premiere Pro also doesn't take muxing into account.

Or would it be possible for a text to say "muxing" or something to that effect?

I mean, obviously for me now I understand there is a "muxing" period, but for newbies it does look strange.

etang77

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:28 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Peter Chamberlain wrote:Are you referring to Resolve following your instruction to Quit while rendering?

A confirmation dialog might not be a bad idea. The way Firefox asks if you really want to close the browser if a download is occurring.

I didn't know if Peter was sarcastic or what when he answered :lol:

But what happened when I press quit happened happened, I just hope it doesn't happen to other people.

And confirmation dialog was the term I was looking for. Thank you!

AndreasOberg

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 am

- Customizable shortcuts for increasing/decreasing Red Debayer Setting. I often go back and forward. Quarter res for organizing and half and full res for inspecting focus.
- UI. The 2 windows layout doesn't work for me so even though I have 2 monitors I use 1 monitor setup nearly all the time. I would like to be able to customize more what you can see on each side.
- Stabiliser. We often film with 1000mm lenses and there will be waving in the image. I found that Davinci just cannot stabilise this, even though it looks fairly understandable. There is no perspective warp just translation movement. Mocha Pro can stabilise it perfectly but I really would like to avoid jumping back and forward.

Best,
Andreas
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

AndreasOberg

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 4:11 pm

- Export still image would be great to have anywhere in the interface. I use this in After Effects and Redcine X a lot.
- Both Export tif and export PSD. Cool if it could automatically open Photoshop if you select PSD as well.

We generate stills often for our webpages or just to send by email to show what we are working on but often I want to work with them a bit more in Photoshop.
/Andreas
VFX Director - Visual Forest Ltd

Jesse Mrau

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 8:12 pm

PieroLass wrote:Aaf with original files name (or that Can link to original audio file even for syncronised clip) and metadata(very usefull when you have multiple mics) that actually is openable in pro tools(even in the previuos versions, not Just the latest)!!!! This Is my One and only Need as editor to work with davinci without getting in trouble at the end of a project. I pray God to have this feature One day and stop beeing worried about the end of a job.

Oh my god, yes please! Round trip from Resolve to Pro Tools is, and always has been, unbelievably broken.

Dan Sherman

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 pm

with 15.1 and 15.2 released into the wild, I feel the need to reiterate that the inability to loudness normalize clips is an issue that really needs to be addressed. Loudness normalized audio is a broadcast standard, and in my opinion BM should have addressed the feature when 14 was released.

At this point I spend more time normalizing clips than I do anything else (editing, grading, effects) in resolve. This should be as simple as select some clips on the timeline, picking a target level, and then letting the box process the clips as fast as it can.
AMD 7950X | AMD 7900XTX (23.20.24) | DDR5-6000 CL30-40-40-96 2x32 GB | Multiple PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME | ASUS x670e HERO | Win 11 Pro 23H2 | Resolve Studio 18.6.5 B7

Mark Grgurev

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:48 am

I forgot if I posted this here yet but it would be great if the volume slider was placed in the bottom bar to remove the redundancy of it in each tab.

I also wouldn't mind the Fusion tabs memory percentage being viewable program-wide.

Also the option to remove the middle tool bar in the edit tab and have the additional functions placed as controls in the source viewer and program monitor.

wutongdegugeyouxiang

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 am

+1
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.0b.017;i7 6700, rx 590, 16G RAM

roger.magnusson

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 2:40 pm

The new Keyboard Customization in v15.2 seems great, but it really needs to be able to show the keyboard layout that is actually used, not just a US keyboard. Premiere autodetects the keyboard layout and lets you switch to another one should you want to.

ohimbz

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 3:31 pm

- Begining / end of Video track opacity slider to have a mid point keyframe like audio track has for curve adjustment.

- Change timeline FPS settings after media import !!!

- Possibility to change a regular timeline into a MultiCam one.

- Monitor trimming of the video clip below (when i have Videos on two tracks most of the times i trim the one below and expect to see what exactly i`m trimming but sadly i can only see the clip above it, in Premiere Pro i could see the exact filme i`m trimming below it)

- FX to apply only to text track and not everything else below it. Like Push etc ...
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve