DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jim Simon

Re: DAVINCI 16 | Big feature request list.

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Mark Grgurev wrote:Image

This is nice. It would appear (and should function) on all Pages.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Dan Sherman wrote:the inability to loudness normalize clips is an issue that really needs to be addressed.

I would find this useful as well. Peak Normalization just isn't...useful.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 pm

I love the Loudness meters in Resolve. I use them on every project. But the current implementation is...incomplete.

Currently, we have to play the entire timeline in real time to get a proper reading. Playing a timeline faster than realtime gives a different, incorrect reading.

There needs to be a way to scan through timeline audio at max resource speed and get a correct Loudness reading in the meters.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Mark Grgurev

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 pm

It would be cool to have the option to hide the menu bar.

Instead the Resolve logo at the bottom level can be made into a clickable menu with all menu settings there.

The simplest implementation would be

Code: Select all
Davinci Resolve
   About Davinci Resolve
   File
   Edit
   Trim
   Timeline
   Clip
   Mark
   View
   Playback
   Fusion
   Color
   Fairlight
   Workspace
   Help

but another way this could be implemented is by making the Resolve menu more limited in size

Davinci Resolve
   About Davinci Resolve
   File
   Playback
   View
   Workspace
   Help

and instead allowing each tab to be clicked while you're in said tab to produce dropdowns (dropups) like this

Media
   Edit
   Mark
Edit
   Edit
   Trim
   Timeline
   Clip
   Mark
Fusion
   Fusion Menu
Color
   Color Menu
Fairlight
   Trim
   Timeline
   Clip
   Mark

etang77

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 1:39 am

A professional editing friend had a run at editing on resolve yesterday, here are a few of his suggestions.

Playhead goto mark in and mark out on the timeline (which I have read on the forum could be a bug as this worked on previous version), at the moment the shortcut only works in the viewer on 15.2

His workflow often involve laying every single clip in a sequence then marking all potential in out point either on the timeline or the clip in the timeline. But these marking neither show up when using the sequence as a source or when viewing the marked clips as a source. Basically, render all the marking done useless, hence the next suggestion.

Without this function he tried a workaround, which is mark in, mark out then copy and paste to another part of the timeline. But in Davinci, it always paste to the in point, instead of where the playhead is. This is a problem I have faced myself but less essential for my line of work. But for him the flow when editing is essential, and having to cancel in and out point to paste slows him down.

The next suggestion is the data burn in and clip names. Because the project was originally sync in FCPX, the clips imported are all compound clips, and the clip names data burn in are not working for the compound clips.

He will be editing more today, I’ll post more when he have more “disappointment”

Oli Koos

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 8:58 am

Hi everyone,

my feature request would be to uniform and streamline Resolve.
This means little tweaks like the blade tool in the fairlight page should have the same icon than on the edit page, to more complete rewrites of the keyframe window in the fusion page, to make it act similar like the timelines in the edit page. I also think the keyframe page in the color page could take it's inspiration from the spline editor from the fusion page. Nodes from color and fusion could also be a bit more streamlined, all though they work fundamentaly different, I still think that parallel/Layer vs merge node et.a.. have the potential for more streamlining.

I also miss the nice picons for the effects in the fusion bin known from the fusion stand alone. For the rest I do not wish much more features, I am very happy and pleased featurewise, but resolve needs some polish especially with the fusions page performance.

thanks for great work!

Nathan Morgan

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

In 15.2 the Source/Record was changed from a toggle to two separate commands.

While I am sure there is a good reason for this I am definitely missing this being a toggle. Would love to see this changed back in future versions.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

Tom Early

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Nathan Morgan wrote:In 15.2 the Source/Record was changed from a toggle to two separate commands.

While I am sure there is a good reason for this I am definitely missing this being a toggle. Would love to see this changed back in future versions.

it's still a toggle. View menu - Source/Timeline Viewer
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 13.6, Resolve Studio 18.6.4 build 6
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Levi3d

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm

The list for 15.2 is huge! I've yet to absorb it, but great work BM team!

If it's not there, the ability to lock a viewer to a position in the workflow, regardless of the module, Edit, Colour, Fusion, clip. Compound clip etc, - and the same for a comparison clip.Or give a choice of assigning several A/B/C/D options - and keep those as choices in the viewer, irrespective of which module you are in, would be superb.

Nathan Morgan

PostSat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Nathan Morgan wrote:it's still a toggle. View menu - Source/Timeline Viewer

My apologies I should have been more clear. The function I am referring to is Source (C Mode) / Record (A Mode). (Though I totally understand your confusion)

Not the end of the world but it was definitely more convenient for myself (and a couple of other colorists that I work with) when it was a toggle.
PC: Resolve 18.0.1, WINDOWS 10, GTX 3090
Desktop Video 12.0
(All bug reports etc. are PC unless specified.)
Mac: Mac Studio M1 Ultra, Resolve 18.0.1, 12.4

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 1:38 am

I have not check in 15.2, but in the edit page, if source and destination monitor are ganged, the [Q] shortcut to switch focus (and MONITOR OUTPUT IMAGE) between them it does not work.

please implement it. at the moment I have to gang, go to the point, ungang, press Q to verify the frames, gang again and move again.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Richard Dean

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 7:41 am

Request - when toggling from deliver window to edit window and back to deliver, keep any I/O marks and "In to out " previously marked in deliver. If I realized a small change was needed after setting up deliver - I want to keep the length of the output the same.

Also regarding Q key-
F9-Q-set I set O -F9 -Q is my constant keyboard workflow. Is Q to get back to source window truly broken in 15.2? I'm not ready to upgrade based on what I'm reading.

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 am

Richard Dean wrote: F9-Q-set I set O -F9 -Q

From a quick test on 15.2, I can't see any issues on my mac with Q or this sequence of hotkey actions.

Gabriele Gelfo

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 9:03 am

Hi all,
I donno if it’s already possible.
Because I edit only computer graphic generated sequences I’d like to extend head and tail of clips, 1st and last frame.
For example I have two clips of 100 frames each, I want to create a cross dissolve between these two clips extending only the tail and head of +30 frames, or another example is: I put the playhead on a frame and I want to freeze and extend this particular frame of 30 frames without cut it. The clip will be automatically extended.
I don’t want to use time remapping.

regards
iMac Retina 5K 27 Late 2014 - i7 4GHz - 32GB - R9 M295X 4GB
Mac Book Pro 15 Late 2018 - i9 2.9GHZ - 32GB - Vega 20 4GB
Mac Pro 7.1 - Xeon 12c - 96GB - Radeon Pro 580X - n°2 RTX2080Ti (bootcamp) - n°1 egpu GTX1080Ti
Da Vinci Resolve Studio

Sandro Circi

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Ability to slow down (or speed up) by clicking CTRL/SHIFT/ALT (or a combination of those) and dragging the start or end of the clip. Just a dirt and quick way for fast edits on the field!
Sandros94
Davinci Resolve Studio
Personal Cameras: Nikon Z9, P4K, GH5
Main Rig: Win11 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, 64GB, GTX1660Ti
Second Rig: Win10 Pro, i7 4790k, 32GB, GTX1050Ti
Outdoor pc: HP Pavilion (14-ce0029nl), i5 8250U, 8GB, UHD620

Drakulica

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 8:33 am

I am a long-time user of the Edius NLE and I tried several times to switch to some other video editing software.
The only thing that prevents me from doing this is a bad multicam.

In Edius you just need to click F8 and you are in multicam mode. Then you just click F8 and you are in normal mode. So simple, and you have control over all your clips and audio tracks. As you can see on picture every clip is in seperate video track and every audio in seperate audio track.

Please do something similar in davinci. :D

grantsinger

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 pm

My absolute end-all request is hover-over smart tools that don't require switching into trim mode like Avid's rollers...

Or even the way PPro handles it, holding down Alt/Option changes the roller to a ripple edit tool, which speeds trimming up so very much.

Marc Fisher

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 12:56 am

The Text box, or editing section in the Text Inspector, could be bigger. scalable. whatever. its a bit of a bear to type longer sentences in that little window, all the time.

Gary Hango

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 pm

Marc Fisher wrote:The Text box, or editing section in the Text Inspector, could be bigger. scalable. whatever. its a bit of a bear to type longer sentences in that little window, all the time.

I agree.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

Jim Simon

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 7:25 pm

etang77 wrote:it always paste to the in point, instead of where the playhead is.

That's the proper operation for an NLE. Working differently would negate timeline In/Out points.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Drakulica wrote:In Edius you just need to click F8 and you are in multicam mode.

You can get at the original clips in Resolve by right clicking on the multicam clip and selecting Open in Timeline.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 7:31 pm

grantsinger wrote:My absolute end-all request is hover-over smart tools that don't require switching into trim mode like Avid's rollers...

Between Avid, Resolve and Premiere Pro, I think Resolve does it best. I think duplicating the Avid way would be...frustrating.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Trevor Asquerthian

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
grantsinger wrote:My absolute end-all request is hover-over smart tools that don't require switching into trim mode like Avid's rollers...

Between Avid, Resolve and Premiere Pro, I think Resolve does it best. I think duplicating the Avid way would be...frustrating.

The hands down most used trim tool in history is frustrating? Interesting.

Drakulica

PostThu Nov 22, 2018 8:02 am

Jim Simon wrote:
Drakulica wrote:In Edius you just need to click F8 and you are in multicam mode.

You can get at the original clips in Resolve by right clicking on the multicam clip and selecting Open in Timeline.

I know that but its not edited. Its be great if I can open multicam timeline and start multicam edit there. Then I can see when start some clip and when is end. That is very useful.

anikolic

PostThu Nov 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Coming from years of using Avid, it's refreshing to see how quickly Resolve is evolving. Some features are far ahead of Avid.

Here are few relatively simple requests which I would find useful:

When I switch the source viewer to the waveform, please let me click directly on the waveform to place the playhead where I want (or to be precise to reposition the clip to get the point that I want parked on the playhead in the centre). It's a bit frustrating immediately seeing where the in or out should be but then having to use the scroller below to get it there. I suppose it could be a bit like the a waveform scroller like in the Fairlight panel?

It would be cool to be able to select the track you are monitoring in the Fairlight scroller just by clicking on the clip instead of having to select the track in the menu.

I think I would prefer if changing between Selection mode and Trim mode was a toggle. It would save me one button on my mouse.

Another idea is to be able to use the mouse wheel to change volume of whichever clip the pointer is hovering above. This would be great as you can make adjustment while playing the sequence.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks

etang77

PostFri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 am

Timeline sync - the ability to line up two clips on a timeline and sync them.

I think the one advantage DaVinci would have in having this function is, the users won't have to re-sync everything again which will draw more users.

Also having timeline Sync, I can also sync speed up footages.

Right now, I'm in two minds about doing my work in DaVinci, because it was all synced in FCPX (I'm not the genius who decided that), and the new editor have not a clue how to use FCPX (very understandable), so as many of my recent post, I'm editing with compound clips. It'll be so much better if I can just decompose and make them sync clips in DaVinci, instead of working with these problematic compound clips (Where there no actual clip name in their attributes...)

wutongdegugeyouxiang

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 5:21 pm

Feature request:
1, I hope that davinci resolve adds the ability to modify the project frame rate. We often provide video output to different stations in one project. Video output in different frame rate formats is difficult to achieve on Da Vinci.
2. Allows users to freely arrange dual schedules
3,Improve the output quality of aac encoded audio
DaVinci Resolve 16.1.0b.017;i7 6700, rx 590, 16G RAM

SBenson

PostSat Nov 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Two things,

1) Any news on Dolby Atmos support? It's basically become the new "standard" for high end audio and there isn't a peep about supporting it in any way. Fairlight is basically useless without Atmos integration, for a sizeable amount of people/post houses, at least.

2) If possible, can the red highlight (as of 15.2) indicating the current active window be optional? It is quite distracting when editing.

studiokraze

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 8:03 am

My feature request for Davinci 16 (or 15) is traditional project management.

I've used Vegas Pro for a decade or more but would like to change to Resolve. I recently tried Resolve out and really liked most of what I used. However the deal breaker was when I realized how the file/project management worked.

In Vegas you have a traditional file/folder structure, where you have a project file, and can contain all your files for that project in one folder with the project file. That folder can easily be transferred to another computer just by copying and pasting the project folder or using an external hard drive on another PC and it will open and work instantly just like on the original PC. The obvious workflow for this is if you work on both a desktop PC and a laptop and need to be able to easily work between both systems. This is also for being able to backup/archive your projects easily.

The database system that Resolve uses on first impression comes across as convoluted, rigid, and designed to have projects only opened on one PC, hiding the project file away from your other media files. It feels like potentially a relic from the days of when it was just a colour correction tool and not a full NLE. I understand there's an export feature, but it's just not practical and over complicates the process of working between computers.

I'm keen to swap over to Resolve, and would likely eventually get the paid version as well, but until there's traditional project file management system where you can save your project files where you want and be able to use it across systems/backup project folders easily, I just can't switch over. I understand the likeliness of this changing is not high as I imagine Resolve is built around this database system, but I think as Resolve becomes more known as a mainstream NLE, it needs at least an option for a traditional file management to be competitive and easy to switch to. I believe Premiere has the same traditional file/folder system, and I imagine most other NLEs do too.

Jim Simon

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Trevor Asquerthian wrote:The hands down most used trim tool in history is frustrating? Interesting.

By comparison, yes.

First doesn't always mean best. Apple had the first GUI, but Windows does is sooooo much better. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 10:14 pm

I'd love for Clip Markers to function on the Fusion page.

Markers already set would show up, new markers could be added, old ones deleted, etc.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Msound

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 10:25 pm

seanross67 wrote:
waltervolpatto wrote:
seanross67 wrote:Within a project, I need timelines with variable resolutions and frame rates. Once this happens, I will build a Resolve only pipeline.

lets be a bit more specific:

-do you need timelines with declared resolution in a project? (not defined by the global settings)
-do you need different frame rate timelines in a single project (like one being 23.98 and the other 24.00 without be dependent from the setting)?

what else are you missing?

I just need to be able to have different timeline frame rates and resolutions within a project. In premiere, I can go to the timeline settings, and change them quite easily. Flame as well.

For example, often I need to deliver 23.98 timelines that are vertical (ie., 1080x1920), square (1080x1080), and HD (1920x1080). ALSO I have to deliver at SD at 29.97. I can switch my project to all of those resolutions and output them, but it is obviously a painful and human-error prone process. If I was a modern commercial editor, I think this would be an absolute necessity to have this before I switched.

I need multiple timeline formats (ie.FullHD and 1080x1080) in one project also.
Resolve 15.1.1.005
Win7 64bit
Intel i7 2.4Ghz, 16GB, HDD + SSD, GeForce GT755M

etang77

PostSun Nov 25, 2018 11:33 pm

Jim Simon wrote:
etang77 wrote:it always paste to the in point, instead of where the playhead is.

That's the proper operation for an NLE. Working differently would negate timeline In/Out points.

I also get your point. I guess it's just a different workflow.

Because we're more use to In/Out points selecting the part needed and paste where the playhead is.

Is there a paste-insert shortcut? If there is, then the In/Out point for pasting will be moot.
Last edited by etang77 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

studio1492

Hide the Bottom Bar optionally

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 3:24 pm

In order to get a tidy screen workspace and gain space to get the maximum vertical size on the video preview frame on laptops or single monitor setups:

REQUEST1:
I would like to have the option of hide the "bottom bar", in order to recover vertical space on the screen when working on laptops.

The shorcuts offered at the "bottom bar" are easily accessed by keyboard shortcuts, and rarely used during edition. So, on a way, those pixels are wasted.

However I consider that this bar should be visible by default when DR is installed, as it will guide the beguinners to get familiarized with Resolve.

REQUEST 2:
Additionally, the other bars may be hidden at the point that keyboard shortcuts can be implemented to many of the other bars.

REQUEST 3: If none of the previous requests are possible, then a keyboard shortcut to maximize the video preview screen (as it appears on the top-right) will be appreciated.

REQUEST 4: what about to invert the mouse behavior (as an option) when the video display is zoomed and the horizontal/vertical scroll is due by holding CMD key?
Last edited by studio1492 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- MBP 14" M1 Pro 16GB, 1TB, 10 core CPU, 16 core GPU.
- Resolve Studio 18.6.4 @ macOS 13.6.2
- Mini Panel v2.0
- Speed Editor (gathering dust until killer custom keys arrive)
- Synology DS218

John Epton

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Clip Duration and Timecode Display

I am sure it must be a common and very simple requirement to be able to see the (numeric) duration of a Clip on the Timeline. Media Composer, for example, writes the clip duration underneath the name of the clip. This duration updates after the clip is trimmed.
MC also provides the ability to directly view the TimeCode (at the Playline position) of a source Clip on the Timeline. This is by way of an additional Timecode pop up window.

For me these are two very impotrant pieces of information that should be directly viewable on the Edit Page.
Resolve Studio 18 Fusion Studio 18 Desktop Video 12.1
Apple Mac M1 Studio
64 GB Memory
10 Cores
32c GPU
Disc 1 TB
BMD Speed Editor

Karel Voners

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 pm

I can't switch to Resolve coming from Premiere because:

- I really like the flexibility to move windows around to specific monitors.

For me the UI of resolve is just too rigid. For example, I have a dedicated vertical monitor for my bins that lives on the side. I like the vertical space because I have to deal with lots of footage.

I had this ability in FCP7 and It was available in PP.

- Having the ability to work with multiple timelines is also very important to me. A lot of people, myself included, still work with select reels and need to switch back and forth constantly between timelines. It would be great if they could stay open in a tabbed window style or even have them open on multiple monitors.

Working with keywords and metadata has it's use but I still need a visual overview of reels and rushes to work effectively. (This is why FCPX is also completely useless to me).

If this would change I would jump ship in an instant. But right now the editing parts seem too much based on the grading workflow.

But good work overall!
K.
i9-12900 - MSI PRO Z690-A - 32GB RAM DDR5 4800Mhz - 1070ti 516.94 - 970PRO nvme - 7x 2TB RAID - Areca 1222 - Mellanox Connectx3 10GBe - Tascam 2x2 USB interface - ACER BM320 10bit 4K monitor - Win 10 19045.3448

Resolve Studio, Decklink 4K, Pocket OG

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Nov 26, 2018 9:18 pm

Karel Voners wrote:I really like the flexibility to move windows around to specific monitors.
I have a dedicated vertical monitor for my bins that lives on the side.
Page 325 of the Manual “Showing Bins in Separate Windows”

Having the ability to work with multiple timelines is also very important to me.
It would be great if they could stay open in a tabbed window style or even have them open on multiple monitors.
Page 365 of the Manual “Tabbed and Stacked Timelines”

Andy Mees

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 5:02 am

grantsinger wrote:Or even the way PPro handles it, holding down Alt/Option changes the roller to a ripple edit tool, which speeds trimming up so very much.

+100

appelkap

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 8:50 am

Blackmagic Design,

Thank you for creating such an amazing tool. Here are some ideas for improvements I would make. I had a blast mocking up a few of them.

* Allow editing of timecode on all pages (support for copy/paste)
* Add ability to switch between displaying timecode or frames (similar to Adobe Video Software) on all pages
* Add expressions (similar to Fusion page) to all pages
* Show keyframe type in Inspector on all pages
* Add track select forward tool (similar to Adobe Premiere Pro) to Edit page
* Add UI scale slider to the preferences to support Windows high dpi displays
* Integrate fusion page settings into main preferences
* Add clip markers to Fusion page
* Add rulers and guides (similar to Adobe After Effects) to Fusion page
* Combine splines and keyframes panel on Fusion page
* Add reworked keyframes panel from Fusion to Color and Fairlight page
* Allow independent timeline settings (resolution, frame-rate), editable after starting the project
* Add option to save traditional projectfiles (similar to Fusion standalone or Adobe Software)
* Add encoding of separate source to deliver page (similar to Adobe Media Encoder)
* Add more quick action buttons at bottom right reachable from all pages (Sound, Console, History)
* Add auto closing windows to avoid ui bugs if window is resized to big
* Add scroll bar handles (similar to Adobe Premiere Pro) to all pages

Please let me know if anything is formulated unclear.

David

Russ Blaise

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 9:34 am

I would like the feature to be able to sync audio in the TIMELINE. Like you can in Premiere Pro. Please note the TIMELINE! Not outside the timeline.
Mac Pro (2012) 2 x 3.46GHz 6-Core, Catalina (Open Core), 96GB RAM, Radeon RX 580 8 GB, Intensity Pro 4k, Resolve Studio.

Trensharo

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 pm

Honestly not sure why Resolve doesn't just ask you what Raster Size and Framerate to set your project to when creating a Sequence (or even when creating the project itself). I really shouldn't have to care or think about what I drag into the NLE Media Pool or Timeline first, and the Project Settings dialog often do not retain what I put in them when closing the dialog. I routinely have to set the Project and Playback Framerate 2-4 times before it will stick.

This is really getting on my nerves.

I tried out Media Composer, and when dragging a clip to create a Sequence it had a dialog that asked me what Raster and Frame Rate I wanted. This felt almost ingenious... because I've been using Resolve for months.

Even more annoying with the inability to create separate sequences with different Aspect Ratios, Raster Dimensions, Frame Rates, etc. in Resolve... So if you end up having to create new projects for different variations on a project... This becomes tiresome to deal with.

Additionally, some sort of "public bin system" that can be accessed from multiple projects would be nice.

Would also like the ability to manage projects similarly to Premiere Pro (and many other NLEs), instead of in a database. This is why I'm deciding against Resolve at the moment. It makes it a ROYAL PITA to move between Desktop and Laptop, because I cannot just use Reference Paths in the project and just plug an external SSD into whichever system I need to use to edit at that time. I'm constantly on the go... This is a huge burden.

So I've been trying out other options before deciding where to [finally] spend my money.

etang77

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 11:36 pm

studiokraze wrote:My feature request for Davinci 16 (or 15) is traditional project management.

Agree with you there.

Plus the export and import takes up a certain amount of time, even recovering from backup takes up time...

Of course my computer is slow but if backup and evrything else is another project file then it would be so much easier.

etang77

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 11:43 pm

Frame count input.

Right now the only input possible is timecode even when you choose it to display frame count. So it would be nice to be able to input frame rates when displaying frame count and input timecodes when displaying timecodes.

Andy Mees

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 12:35 am

appelkap wrote:* Add track select forward tool (similar to Adobe Premiere Pro) to Edit page

In case you missed it, that functionality is currently available, keyboard driven, using the default shortcut 'Y'. Augmenting that with a dedicated tool for those who prefer it would be a nice addition tho.

appelkap wrote:* Add option to save traditional projectfiles (similar to Fusion standalone or Adobe Software)

I think 'traditional' depends on where you're coming from, but again (in case you missed it) the option for managing project files outside of the database is available via 'Export' (rather than Save).

Hope it helps
Andy

Andy Mees

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 12:50 am

Trensharo wrote:Additionally, some sort of "public bin system" that can be accessed from multiple projects would be nice.

Within Resolve, shared bin functionality exists via 'Power Bins'. [View menu > Show Power Bins]

Trensharo wrote:Would also like the ability to manage projects similarly to Premiere Pro (and many other NLEs), instead of in a database. ... It makes it a ROYAL PITA to move between Desktop and Laptop, because I cannot just use Reference Paths in the project and just plug an external SSD into whichever system I need to use to edit at that time. I'm constantly on the go... This is a huge burden.

You certainly seem passionate about it, so I'm not sure if my encouragement will help... but for what it's worth, I move projects back and forth from my office PC and home MacBook Pro all the time. I just export the project file to the SSD, go home, import the project file from the SSD (and visa versa). Everything works.

Hope it helps
Andy

Seth Goldin

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 1:06 am

Please make "Switching Clip Selects" a global settting. Quite annoying to set it to what I want, then switch timelines and find that it has changed to something else.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Msound

PostWed Nov 28, 2018 1:47 am

1)
On the Deliver page, > render settings > Resolution
there is missing option "timeline resolution".
It's annoying to enter every time custom numbers. It should be timeline resolution by default.

2)
support for encoding vertical videos in mp4/h264

Thanks for your work ;)
Resolve 15.1.1.005
Win7 64bit
Intel i7 2.4Ghz, 16GB, HDD + SSD, GeForce GT755M

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Russ Blaise wrote:I would like the feature to be able to sync audio in the TIMELINE.

That would be useful, to select clips in the timeline and have Sync... as a right click option. Choices should be the the standard fare - audio, markers, In/Out, timecode.

I would add that the first clip selected should be the one that doesn't move, with the subsequently selected clips moving into place.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 5:55 pm

John Epton wrote:I am sure it must be a common and very simple requirement to be able to see the (numeric) duration of a Clip on the Timeline.

I'd love to get Duration as an option for Burn In, both as timecode and as frames.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 pm

etang77 wrote:Is there a paste-insert shortcut?

CTRL+SHIFT+V
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve