Resolve 15 Fusion titles problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RDWarren

Resolve 15 Fusion titles problem

PostMon Apr 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Hi All,

I'm giving Resolve 15 a go after coming back from Vegas and very excited about the new features in Resolve. I haven't tried everything out yet but here is the first issue I have come across...

When I drag a fusion title on to the timeline it appears to be blank/black...no text shows up. Funny thing is though when I drag the Text+ to the timeline it shows up and works fine.
Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks

CPU I7, 24 GB Ram, NVIDIA 1070 graphics board

Jeff Brass

Re: Resolve 15 Fusion titles problem

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 am

if you are in dual screen that will happen, try going to single screen and see if it works.

BTW, on mine, if I have fusion cache on it goes black again once cached. Hopefully will be fixed next beta version
Win10 Pro x64 | i7 5930k|64GB RAM |GTX 1080 8gb | Mini Monitor | DR Studio 16.2

RDWarren

PostTue Apr 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks.
Yes hopefully it will be addressed in the next update.

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 26, 2018 2:26 am

RDWarren wrote:Hi All,

I'm giving Resolve 15 a go after coming back from Vegas and very excited about the new features in Resolve. I haven't tried everything out yet but here is the first issue I have come across...

When I drag a fusion title on to the timeline it appears to be blank/black...no text shows up. Funny thing is though when I drag the Text+ to the timeline it shows up and works fine.
Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks

CPU I7, 24 GB Ram, NVIDIA 1070 graphics board

Hello,

Could you please replicate the issue again and send us the logs captured after that? We would like to take a look and see what the issue is.

Capture logs - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48885

You can upload it on a file sharing website (like dropbox or wetransfer etc.) and send us a link.

Rohit Singhal
Blackmagic Design
Last edited by Rohit Singhal on Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

RDWarren

PostMon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Just got Beta 2 up and running and the Fusion title issue seems to be corrected.
Thanks.

RDWarren

PostTue May 08, 2018 6:06 pm

UPDATE:

Most of the title templates now seem to work.
BUT the multi-line text template still doesn't.

desupero

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 12:54 pm

I have DR 0B.046 version of DR 15 and the Multi Line text editor is not working.... Tex+ and Title Rise Fade have the edit option available but not Multi Line...

ccihon

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Beta 5 on Mac suffers same issue that I saw back on Beta2 - black overlay and no editable fusion elements in the inspector for fusion titles - and this time, it appears it is not a specific problem when using dual screen, but persistent. the Title+ seems to work, though.

if anyone is aware of a setting or a UI adjustment that consistenstly allows the full use of the pre-built Fusion titling on B5, let me know. Not sure if there is anything specific to my setup that would cause this?

xunile

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 am

ccihon wrote:Beta 5 on Mac suffers same issue that I saw back on Beta2 - black overlay and no editable fusion elements in the inspector for fusion titles - and this time, it appears it is not a specific problem when using dual screen, but persistent. the Title+ seems to work, though.

if anyone is aware of a setting or a UI adjustment that consistenstly allows the full use of the pre-built Fusion titling on B5, let me know. Not sure if there is anything specific to my setup that would cause this?

Try switching to the Fusion tab and back again when you see this behavior , seems to fix the issue for me when it happens, does seem to be a bug. I've only had it happen since switching to beat 5.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

ccihon

PostSun Jun 24, 2018 7:32 pm

xunile wrote:
ccihon wrote:Beta 5 on Mac suffers same issue that I saw back on Beta2 - black overlay and no editable fusion elements in the inspector for fusion titles - and this time, it appears it is not a specific problem when using dual screen, but persistent. the Title+ seems to work, though.

Try switching to the Fusion tab and back again when you see this behavior , seems to fix the issue for me when it happens, does seem to be a bug. I've only had it happen since switching to beat 5.

Thanks - that does seem to be a valid workaround for now - hoping it is fixed in future version

nhoover

PostMon Jul 09, 2018 1:15 am

Thanks for the workaround - switching to the Fusion tab and back seemed to fix it for me too. I am running beta 6 on Win 10. Fusion titles are the feature I'm having most trouble with - doesn't work well yet at all (although when you can get a good one they look great so I haven't given up).

Bethasia

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Been getting the same. I noticed when I saved the project and closed the app to research when I opened it up again the issue was fixed. I threw another one in and it happened again.
Fusion Studio 17 - Resolve Studio 17. Only major feature missing is talent. Strix B550-F WiFi, Ryzen 5600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz, RTX2060 GB Super 3X OC

Return to DaVinci Resolve