Loupedeck as Resolve Control Panel

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Loupedeck as Resolve Control Panel

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm

The BMD control panels are absolutely nice, however I am looking for a control panel that I can use with CC and Resolve, and at a very affordable price like this Loupedeck. I saw this loupedeck a while back and I was hoping it could be programmed for use with Resolve 15. Has anyone tried programming this controller for Resolve or knows if there are Resolve maps out there for it?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... nsole.html
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Micha Clazing

Re: Loupedeck as Resolve Control Panel

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 pm

The Loupedeck only offers 1-dimensional controls (knobs and sliders) instead of the 2-dimensional trackballs required for colour grading. I don't think a very useful mapping could be made.

arbibarbarona

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 8:42 pm

We have a solution for the Loupdeck. And paired with an inexpensive trackball mouse we can be good up and running with our Loupedeck device in Resolve Color page.

Ellory Yu

PostSat Jul 02, 2022 6:51 pm

arbibarbarona wrote:We have a solution for the Loupdeck. And paired with an inexpensive trackball mouse we can be good up and running with our Loupedeck device in Resolve Color page.

That’s nice. However like all non-BlackMagic branded control panels, the controls are position mapped to the screen. In my case I used a dual monitor and move my panels around at times and that usually throws off the mapping. It’s unfortunate that BMD does not provide the SDK so other controllers can be made to work correctly but I knew w that’s not going to happen. Anyway, thanks for sharing.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to DaVinci Resolve