Zooming a fusion clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nitram

Zooming a fusion clip

PostTue Jul 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Hy,
I’m a beginner in video editing, using DaVinci Resolve 15.0.0B.043 (free version) under a windows10 notebook.

My clip should contain a “window” with a second clip that is zoom to ¼ of it’s original size. That’s pretty easy: in the timeline putting the second above the first and zoom it.

But the problem occurs when the second clip contains some simple drawings (> paintmask) made in fusion.
When I zoom this clip to ¼ of it’s original size, either the drawings stay where they are (> sreen-1), or, after transferring the clip to a fusionclip, the remaining space (3/4) become black and not transparent (> sreen-2)! In this case you will not see the first or underlying video.
And: the fusionclip, when I open it in fusion, will no longer contain the nodes that I had created for the drawings. So re-editing is impossible then.

I’m pretty sure that I already had created fusionclips that could be zoomed and re-edited, but I can’t figure out how I did that. For three day I have been trying to solve this problem. It drives me crazy. I am sure it’s a pretty simple and silly question.

Thanks
Martin
Attachments
screen-2.tif
screen-2.tif (390.07 KiB) Viewed 680 times
screen-1.tif
screen-1.tif (537.35 KiB) Viewed 680 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve