Audio files importing at wrong frame rate

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mike Halper

Audio files importing at wrong frame rate

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 6:35 pm

I have a bunch of audio files (actually stems from a sound editor) that show as 24.00 (as they are supposed to be) in the Media Pool, but when I open the audio files and play them they show 30 fps and have a semi-colon to indicate 29.97DF. Is this a bug and is there a way to fix it? I'm importing an XML and AAF and the audio is all out of sync in the timeline I believe due to this issue.

When I open the audio files and play them in Premiere Pro they show the correct 24 fps in the timecode.
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

Mike Halper

Re: Audio files importing at wrong frame rate

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Further information: If I import the audio files into the media pool before importing XML or AAF, and playback the audio file the timecode is correct at 24fps. Then I import the XML or AAF and double-click on the audio file in the timeline and the timecode is 29.97DF.
IMac Pro Hackintosh, 10 core i9, 64GB RAM, Radeon VII, Decklink 4K Mini Monitor, macOS 10.14.5, DaVinci Resolve Studio license

Return to DaVinci Resolve