Davinci 15- DCP encrypted from version 14 cannot be read

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
dennisvo116

Davinci 15- DCP encrypted from version 14 cannot be read

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 6:23 am

Hi, I have troubled reading encrypted DCP in Davinvi 15

With previous version of Davinci, I can read and generate encrypted DCP with EasyDCP just fine but since upgraded to version 15 I coudn't do it anymore. Encryped DCP created by version 14 cannot be read anymore

Anyone having the same problems as I am? I hope I can find the solution to this asap because I need to create KDM for a movie pretty soon.

p/s: I have licensed EasyDCP. Saw someone posted the same question on the forum but no real solution provided

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Davinci 15- DCP encrypted from version 14 cannot be read

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 7:29 am

Dennis, can you contact EasyDCP support?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

etang77

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Dennis, can you contact EasyDCP support?

I'm actually in sort of the same boat.

I've created the encrypted DCP in 15, but cannot be read either and hence cannot create an KDM either. I don't really care so much if I can read it, but I can more on the fact that I can't create a KDM.

easyDCP pointed me to Blackmagic. And Blackmagic is pointing us back to easyDCP.

I'm actually in urgent need to solve this too, because this can potentially save us boat loads of money.

etang77

PostTue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 am

Peter, I've just heard back from easyDCP. They said they've submitted a new plugin to Blackmagic, so it should be fine pending the next update.

So, when will it be?

Return to DaVinci Resolve