Start up

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

GrifsGrifBM

Start up

PostSat Sep 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi New to Da Vinci

Installed twice. On multiple start up tries from both logos and .exe in D:\DaVinci.... . got the message
[u]"Procedure Entry Point Delete Critical Section could not be found in Dynamic Link Library api-ms-win-core|1-2-0.dll"
[/u]
[/b]Rather a long message but fairly certain as-is on screen. On set up, final message said Installation OK.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Don't want to upgrade to Win 10 until I have to.

Hope someone can help. With thanks in Anticippation.

Graham Davies

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Start up

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 3:40 am

Resolve 15 is only designed for W10, not W7.. so there is a good hint there.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

GrifsGrifBM

Re: Start up

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks Peter

Your website is not the easiest to explore for help. Whilst it is clear that Resolve is for high professionals, I searched for it after a reader's note in a UK magazine - Web user as I recall, extolling the virtues of the program. I wish he'd mentioned system requirements and options for Win 7.

Eventually, it did come to my attention that V 15 was for Win 10 only as, I think, mentioned in my follow up post. I think the Download section should have made it clear - Win 10 only and vectored someone like myself to a suitable alternative

Fortunately I managed to contact Alistair in the UK support centre and eventually we got to Resolve Lite 11.3.1 which I have successfully installed and reached first screen after something about Cuda which did not make much sense.

Documents for V 15 shows manuals but for 11.3.1 Lite only shows introductory notes. I would really like to find a manual that help me start with 11.3.1 meaningfully.

So, vectoring me to a manual for 11.3.1 Lite would be much appreciated. Being a clue in your response is one thing, giving that clue at point of Download would have been a salutary improvement and a saving of a lot of wasted time.

However, again, thanks in anticipation.

Graham Davies BSc MSc CEng

Return to DaVinci Resolve