Subtitle Wishes

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael Reckert

Subtitle Wishes

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 12:34 pm

It is a great improvement to SRT-files and the handling of the caption is really easy.

Though there are a few Wishes:

First and most important:

-it should be possible to create your own presets of the settings.
A nice place for those could be the three dots in the Inspector tab when the subtittles are marked. Since now there is no function.

-it should be possible when you disable "Use Track Style" for a caption to alter every settings that are in the Track Style tab. And if you disable Use Track Style the settings should not change to default. They should be still the same as in Track Style so you can change just one or two of the settings.
Maybe it could be possible to activate just another preset for a single caption when Track Style is disabled.

In my cause I wanted to disable the Background of just two caption. This is now impossible.

-Since the Background "destroys" a part of the picture it would be nice to have a flexible background. Something like a frame which reacts to the width and the height of the letters/signs of the single caption.

Sometimes I have to import subtitles in to a film that has already burned in subtitles in another language. The new ones have to cover the old ones though the blur effect for the background is no option.

regards
Michel
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.2.6
iMac Pro
10 Core Intel Xeon 3GHz
64GB Ram
Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
Mojave 10.14.6
RAID Promise3 R4

Return to DaVinci Resolve