Possible solution for Resolve not starting on Windows 10

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mainline

Possible solution for Resolve not starting on Windows 10

PostWed Sep 19, 2018 1:43 pm

For the last couple of weeks I've had the problem that Resolve won't start. No splash-screen, no nothing. I could see the process in task mnager, but that's it. I searched these forums, and there seemed to be more out there wit similar problems. In som threads solutions were suggested, but none of them worked for me. At last I've found out what the problem was for me, so here's my solution if it could help anyone else.

The problem was a problem with the driver for the on-board graphics card (Intel UHD 630). The latest driver Dell provides does not work. If I download the latest driver from Intel, which works, Windows 10 will update this with windows update, and the program will fail to load again. So in order to get it to work, I had to do the following:

1. Download and install the latest driver from Intel (24.20.100.6286), and let the computer reboot.
2. Run Windows update, and let it install the graphics driver from there.
3. In Device Manager go into properties of the graphics adapter and performe a rollback of the driver, preventing Windows from downloading it again.

Hope this can be of help to someone.

BR
/Jonas

Return to DaVinci Resolve