Frame flicker when exporting DaVinci Resolve 15 Full version

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mike2018

Frame flicker when exporting DaVinci Resolve 15 Full version

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 6:12 am

Hi there,

I've finished editing on Da Vinci Resolve 15 without a problem, then colour graded but upon export the files have frame flicker and dropped frames throughout the clips.
One of the clips have a crop left to add two layers of images (split screen) to show the same actor in one scene doing two different things, when exporting the files it shows the frame that's supposed to have been composited and not to show.

The footage is shot on RED 4k R3D Raw and when I played the edit without the colour grading there was no problem but after grading and exporting as H.264, I get the frame flicker (I've checked the raw files and there is no problem with the footage). I've paid for the Da Vinci Resolve full version and have powerful Mac Pro Station to handle even more complicated projects than this but now I'm worried worried that Da Vinci Resolve is to unreliable and unstable me to work on in the future.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Frame flicker when exporting DaVinci Resolve 15 Full ver

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 am

Please detail your system and OS. as much detail as you can.
Which full version of v15.. there are a few

Also try rendering to ProRes, or DNx to see if its related to the render format.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

mike2018

PostFri Sep 21, 2018 7:39 am

I've tried rendering to prores but same result and the file will be too big anyway.
I can't use DNx because the client needs for online use. It's a frame flicker once graded and exported, not a noise issue.

Da Vinci Resolve V15.1.0.025

I'm working on Mac Pro OS Sierra, version 10.12.5
Processor 2.7GHZ 12-core Intel Xeon E5 Memory 64GB
Graphics card AMD Firepro D700 6144MB

Working from one External hard Drive WDPassport

lukasfarina

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 1:35 pm

mike2018 wrote:I've tried rendering to prores but same result and the file will be too big anyway.
I can't use DNx because the client needs for online use. It's a frame flicker once graded and exported, not a noise issue.

Da Vinci Resolve V15.1.0.025

I'm working on Mac Pro OS Sierra, version 10.12.5
Processor 2.7GHZ 12-core Intel Xeon E5 Memory 64GB
Graphics card AMD Firepro D700 6144MB

Working from one External hard Drive WDPassport

you could fix?

Return to DaVinci Resolve