copy and paste track data doesn't work

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

seanross67

copy and paste track data doesn't work

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm

Is is me, or does paste track data just plain not work. Basically I have a power curve on one node, and want to paste it onto another node, and have it keep my track data. But when I do this, it doesn't work. Ever.

I wish there was "copy this shape with its tracking data" and a "paste this shape with its tracking data" and it would just come in exactly like it should.
Resolve on a iMac Pro 11.6 64gb RAM Radeon Pro Vega 64.
Davinci 17.4.4

Jean Claude

Re: copy and paste track data doesn't work

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 5:23 pm

seanross67 wrote:Is is me, or does paste track data just plain not work. Basically I have a power curve on one node, and want to paste it onto another node, and have it keep my track data. But when I do this, it doesn't work. Ever.

I wish there was "copy this shape with its tracking data" and a "paste this shape with its tracking data" and it would just come in exactly like it should.

Maybe :

(without tracking data)
I would try to select a node with power curve
then copy (on windows CTRL + C)
Then select another node: use '='

With tracking data:
After tracking: there is a copy track data + Paste track data from the 'Tracker' window

I advise you to do a search in the forum: there are many solutions proposed depending on the desired effect

Does it works? :)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

seanross67

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Jean Claude wrote:
seanross67 wrote:Is is me, or does paste track data just plain not work. Basically I have a power curve on one node, and want to paste it onto another node, and have it keep my track data. But when I do this, it doesn't work. Ever.

Maybe :

(without tracking data)
I would try to select a node with power curve
then copy (on windows CTRL + C)
Then select another node: use '='

With tracking data:
After tracking: there is a copy track data + Paste track data from the 'Tracker' window

I advise you to do a search in the forum: there are many solutions proposed depending on the desired effect

Does it works? :)

thanks! but no.

I was trying to execute the second technique that you mention . It just doesn't work right. Copying and pasting the entire node would work, but that is not what I am looking for. I instead just want one window with one track.

Maybe it is because I have manual key framing on my track? I don't know. Either way, it would come in handy.
Resolve on a iMac Pro 11.6 64gb RAM Radeon Pro Vega 64.
Davinci 17.4.4

12regrades

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 11:50 am

I'm struggling with the exact same thing. I did find a crappy long winded way of doing it node by node.

In the colour tab you can copy the node as normal, then instead of control v, use option, or ALT v. You should get a window come up with check boxes of what you need to copy and tracking data is among those boxes.
It's a terrible system and there MUST be an easier way,
on Baselight you just click on the still and it's done in seconds. In resolve one has to manually copy and paste node by node and it took forever. I'm fairly sure you can use the Display Node Graph option to speed things along a whisker.

Surely I'm missing something too...

bewildered.

amzab9

Re: copy and paste track data doesn't work in Davinci 17

PostWed Mar 03, 2021 11:59 am

Hello.

In Color Page "Copy track data and Paste track data" in Davinci 17, (Last and beta also) does not work.
I have tried version 16 and no problem.
Someone has the same problem?
Thanks !!!

Mikey Piliero

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Same issue here. No luck copying and pasting tracking data

Misha Mazor

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 2:23 am

Ditto, does not work for me either. Used to in previous versions

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jun 19, 2021 5:28 am

We need more info to repo, as per FAQs, as I don’t see ur issue.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Mark Sterne

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 10:03 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:We need more info to repo, as per FAQs, as I don’t see ur issue.

Hi Peter,

I am also finding that copy and paste window and copy and paste track data does not work in Resolve 17.2.2 build 4.

I've sent you a PM with a link to logs, NFO and a .drt of a relevant timeline.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Kalomika

PostSun Sep 12, 2021 3:28 am

This does not work for me as well and I am on 17.3.1

I use the copy track data, select another clip i need to emulate movement in, and it doesn't paste any data...

Steinar Stalsberg

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 10:08 am

I can confirm that this is an issue in R17.3.1 . Bug reported and confirmed by BMD-support as well.

The issue appears when Clip Filtering is turned on or if you have the Unmix button enabled in Color Page. There might be other functions that affects the paste Tracking Data, but that is at least the one´s we have found at our Studio.

MassimoAlbertoCroce

PostThu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 pm

I can confirm that this is an issue in R17.3.1 . Bug reported and confirmed by BMD-support as well

Thank you for the info!
Mac Studio - 32GB RAM - 32GPU CORE
NVME RAID
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5
MacOs 12.6
BM mini Monitor 3G

Peter Cave

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 4:57 am

Pasting track data caused a few issues with unreliable results.
I did a few tests.

Copying/pasting tracking data was only reliable if the tracking analysis was done in a forward direction from the first frame.

Creating a window on the last frame of a clip and doing a reverse direction analysis results in the window position being copied from the last frame. It is then pasted to the new clip and all looks good. Now if you copy the tracking data for that window and paste to the new clip, the tracking data is applied from the first frame, resulting in the window position and shape commencing from the last frame position of the original window the data was copied from.

Simplified:

Power windows are copied from the frame they were originally positioned or created on.
Power windows and Tracking Data are pasted to the first frame of the new clip.
Unless the Power window is created and tracked from the first frame, copying and pasting won't work correctly.

Power windows and tracking data were all copied and pasted individually. No nodes were copied or pasted.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

okiewardoyo

PostFri Dec 30, 2022 7:30 pm

With 18.1.2, i can not paste tracking data.
I have succesfully track data from a clip, then i goto another clip, paste data doesn't work anymore.
paste tracking data does not work.jpg
paste tracking data does not work.jpg (91.14 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
Begin using Resolve in Mon May 02, 2022.
All of Software in the world are just tools. No perfect Software. Use it if it works for you.
Resolve 18.6 | Raizen 7, 40Gb Ram, RTX 3060, Win 11

Return to DaVinci Resolve