export AAF causes crash

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JulienB

export AAF causes crash

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi,

We have just finished the edit of a short film and want to export an AAF for the sound facility. We are using Resolve Studio 15.2.2. When I try to export an AAF from the Edit menu, Resolve crashes right away. When I try to use the preset (AAF or Pro Tools) in the Deliver tab, Resolves crashes always around 98%. We have tried on 2 different MacPros, same story.
Do I have to export to final cut pro X ?
If you need more details to help feel free to ask. Thanks a lot.

JulienB

Re: export AAF causes crash

PostSat Jan 12, 2019 1:06 pm

If you get the same problem, here is perhaps a solution or a first step to get there :
I have duplicated my timeline and cleared all the attributes on the sound tracks (fades, transitions, volume) and also cleaned as much as possible the video tracks (delete titles generated in Resolve). Now the Pro Tools preset works. I get an AAF file and mxf files with 240 frames handles. I hope this will work for the studio.

Travis Marshall

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm having this exact same problem. In the Delivery Tab the export for Avid AAF runs fine until it's time to write the actual .AFF file, and then it crashes. When trying from the Edit menu it's an immediate crash. This only happened on two particular shows out of a season of 13 episodes.

Going to try duplicating the sequence and removing all attributes to try again.

Jarryd Hall

PostSun Oct 04, 2020 1:54 pm

I managed to replicate this issue in Resolve 16.2.6.005. After some troubleshooting I discovered a fix by changing the timeline audio tracks to be "mono". Would be great for BM to fix this one, seems like its been around for awhile.

Blaine Suque

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 2:18 am

Jarryd Hall wrote:I managed to replicate this issue in Resolve 16.2.6.005. After some troubleshooting I discovered a fix by changing the timeline audio tracks to be "mono". Would be great for BM to fix this one, seems like its been around for awhile.

I set all my tracks to mono and still im getting a crash once i press render. This is really hard to find a work around. Any ideas?
Blaine Suque

http://blainesuque.com/

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 2:51 am

Can you send us a small project which shows this crash om exporting please
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

jwvblackmagic

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 2:40 am

I just figured out based on this post and some playing around. If you have an adaptive track, it fails. If you have all mono or stereo it seems to be ok.

Return to DaVinci Resolve