Dual Monitor Output Device - What Works

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Tero Ahlfors

Re: Dual Monitor Output Device - What Works

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 am

Blackmagic Intensity will work with USB3 and you should doublecheck if that USB-C port in the laptop is thunderbolt supported.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 6:26 am

The DeckLink or UltraStudio provides a SDI or HDMI etc from the output of the processing pipeline. The individual UI panels in Resolve are not un-dockable to place on other monitors with a few minor exceptions. Scopes for example.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Greg_E

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Will Intensity Shuttle allow the fullscreen output? I thought only Decklink allowed this. The Shuttle USB seems to have an HD maximum, will it still work with 4k content in Resolve? I was looking to add a grading monitor but with no Thunderbolt I thought I was completely out of luck. If the Shuttle USB will allow this to work with Resolve, then I'll move forward. My laptop has USB 3.1 including a single C port (no sadly not Thunderbolt).

[edit] Just saw this:
Intensity works with the software you love to use! Use DirectShow™ and QuickTime™ software, or the World's most popular editing software such as Media Composer™, Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. You also get Photoshop CC plug-ins to grab and output frames, plus real time preview in Fusion and After Effects CC. No other cards support more software on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux, so you have the freedom to work with your favorite tools!

Is this confirmed that I can then use an Intensity Shuttle USB to get full screen preview out of Resolve to a calibrated HDMI input monitor for grading? Lots of money involved with this, so I want to make sure it works before I invest, as does the original poster. It just lists Fusion, but maybe they hven't updated the description.

Greg_E

PostTue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 pm

I'm guessing the answer is no, still only Decklink.

Return to DaVinci Resolve