Resolve and Premiere Pro - Timecode Multitrack WAV export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Daniel Rheaume

Resolve and Premiere Pro - Timecode Multitrack WAV export

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 pm

Hoping someone can help with an audio question regarding round tripping with Resolve and Premiere -

I've got multi-track WAV files that have been timecode jammed in the camera with an external recorder. When I import them into Resolve I can sync these all up by TC perfectly. However, when I try to send an xml of the timeline of synced A/V so that my editor can use them on the company's NLE (Premiere), the XML opens in Premiere with the correct number of audio tracks, but they are all the camera's onboard audio instead of the tracks extracted from the multitrack WAV in Resolve. Has anyone experienced this or have a workaround?
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my timeline of multitrack WAV's from Resolve to Premiere without it reverting to camera's audio channels!

I would just sync by timecode in Premiere and avoid using both NLE's, but for some reason Premiere is not easy to sync timecode in. I can't find a way to properly do it without hand merging each pair of clips.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
-Daniel

Return to DaVinci Resolve