Constant crashes on Windows 8

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

cambui

Constant crashes on Windows 8

PostSat Jun 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,

I´m having problems with DaVinci Lite in my PC and wonder if anyone can help me out.

I finished the installation (just now), imported a XML file from a short documentary (about 15 minutes long), and stated working on the gradings when DaVinci crashes my video card without even caring to tell me why - which is very rude! I started the program again and 5 minutes later it crashed again... and again, and again, and again...

The clips are all 1080p 5D files and my computer is a brand new i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ with 16 RAM and a NVIDIA GeForde GT 640 card running Windows 8 on a SSD drive.

I search for information about the compatibility of my video card and DaVinci on the forum but did't found anything. Since I don't know much about configuring DaVinci (I just finished a 24h long class on the software but I have zero experience with it outside the class - which was all Macs, by the way) I decided to ask here for help.

Any one?

Adam Simmons

Re: Constant crashes on Windows 8

PostSun Jun 09, 2013 7:33 am

I don't see anywhere that it says that version 9 lite supports Windows 8, so it could be that or it could be a GPU driver issue. What graphics driver are you using?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to DaVinci Resolve