Dual Screen doesn't turns on

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ivma87

Dual Screen doesn't turns on

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 6:12 am

Hello!
I have a problem with enabling dual screen option. Dual screen worked well until I've turned off one of monitors, and now when I'm enabling dual screen option workspace of main window is changing to dual screen layout, but window on second screen is not displayed, so the second screen is empty.
I've tryed to reboot PC, reopen project etc, also I see option workspace>primary display, and I can change primary display, while I'm doing this the main window moves from one monitor to another, but the second monitor is still empty...
Only one thing helped to me before, when I've reinstalled Resolve, everything had to be fixed, but dual monitor broke down when I've turned off one of monitors, and still dual monitor does not work.
I don't know what to do, please help to solve this problem.

Win 10
davinci resolve 15.3
geforce 1080
monitors have different resolution and different type of connection (dvi and displayport)

Charles Bennett

Re: Dual Screen doesn't turns on

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Have you tried "Reset UI Layout" in the Workspace dropdown menu?
Resolve Studio 19.0b3 build 33
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

ivma87

PostMon Apr 08, 2019 2:35 pm

I think this thing helped. I've tryed to "reset ui layout", and it doest help, but after restarting of Davinci Resolve, I've saw popup window with messege "you have changes in resolution, do you want to reset ui layout"(i don't remember exact messege).
So that helped: reset ui layout and restart davinci resolve

S. Kuss

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 5:44 am

Just to add to this "old" thread:
If you are just upgrading, reboot before you do anything. I have found all sorts of oddities on any sort of "fresh" install if you fire it up without rebooting first. Then do the stuff mentioned above. Then, and this is painful to say, in 16.x, it starts out in the cut page. Apparently, there is no dual screen in the cut page. Make sure you are in some other module when trying to activate the 2nd screen. As the saying goes, "don't ask me how I know".

csalters13

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 am

Also adding to this old thread:
I read through the above suggestions and wasn't having any luck. Had the exact issue as the first post.

Then I clicked Workspace>Full Screen Window.

Boom. Good to go.

Matthew Schwab

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 5:30 pm

S. Kuss wrote:Just to add to this "old" thread:
If you are just upgrading, reboot before you do anything. I have found all sorts of oddities on any sort of "fresh" install if you fire it up without rebooting first. Then do the stuff mentioned above. Then, and this is painful to say, in 16.x, it starts out in the cut page. Apparently, there is no dual screen in the cut page. Make sure you are in some other module when trying to activate the 2nd screen. As the saying goes, "don't ask me how I know".

This cut page is a thing!

Would be nice to have the ability to check dual screen even in the cut page.

ruiz460

PostMon Nov 07, 2022 11:11 pm

Hello! Nov 7, 2022
The dual monitor function is not working for me. It has in the past with the Ultra Studio 3G. The option is grayed out and has not returned. I'm using resolve 18. Perhaps there is a bug. Anyone know? Thank you!

Return to DaVinci Resolve