Windows Multiple Monitor Resolve 15.3 Configuration

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SandMan SA

Windows Multiple Monitor Resolve 15.3 Configuration

PostTue Apr 09, 2019 9:18 am

Hi

I hope I don’t sound daft but nonetheless here goes. I have Resolve 15.3 on a Windows 10 Pro PC. Z390 Extreme Motherboard with Thunderbolt 3, NVidia GeForce 2080 Ti GPU with USB-C (Thunderbolt 3), Apple Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adaptor and an Ultrastudio Mini Monitor with an HDMI to the 4K Monitor. So essentially I want a three screen set up.
My UI works great on Dual Screen on my two LG Ultrawide 29” IPS Monitors and I have a LG 4K 27” IPS Monitor that I want to use as my Reference Screen. My problem is that this screen does not work from my Graphics Card through the USB-C port, when I connect it to the Thunderbolt on the Motherboard it picks up the monitor but it’s not displaying what I need, when I mess around with the settings I get a green flicker but according to my understanding this monitor should play from my Graphics card and not my Motherboard but if it works from either I would be very happy. I have installed BM Desktop Video 11.1 and the Graphics card is also completely updated. If anyone can help to configure this I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Sans M

Return to DaVinci Resolve