Davinci Resolve 16 crashes upon opening project

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

asianzking

Davinci Resolve 16 crashes upon opening project

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

I just recently updated DR 15.2 to DR 16. Upon opening my project or starting a new project, the app automatically closes every time I try. Is this just me or is anyone else experiencing this DR 16 Beta version? It was working fine for me with Dr 15.2. My hardware should be able to handle it ( Dell XPS i7 8th gen, 32 gb, Nvidia GTX 1050i). Please help.

George Dean

Re: Davinci Resolve 16 crashes upon opening project

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 pm

Trieu, hopefully others can offer some assistance with the little bit of information you provide. However, when I open a project I had made in 15.3 into 16b1, some work fine and others do not. I have not experienced as yet an immediate crash, but in some of the projects, Resolve beta came to a halt with 'not responding' and it required a hard boot. In those projects I had applied various OFx's that I think Resolve doesn't like, such as the Superscale. When I started a new project in 16b1 and loaded the same source media, applied Super Scale and other OFx's (that I used in 15.3) everything was fine.

asianzking

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 10:32 pm

I have tried uninstalling everything, and then, install the DR 16 Beta. It still did not work. All my GPU drivers are up-to-date. *sigh*

mag0044

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 5:26 am

I am having the same issue with trying to open Davinci Resolve 16, it crashes before the project page opens up.

I wonder if it keeps crashing because in Davinci Resolve 15.2 I had my settings set so it automatically opens up my most recent project. Not sure.

skarsgard

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am

I've been using the free version of DR 16 beta for some time now and it has worked great on my 7 year old MSI laptop. It has also been running fine on my new MSI laptop for a week, but today I updated my Nvidia drivers from some 300 version to the 430.86 version. DR 16 opens up the project menu fine, but as soon as I select a project to work on my screen goes white and DR 16 will not respond any more.

Both machines runs Win 10 64bit
Old / New
Nvidia 750M / GTX 1060
Intel i7 4th generation / 8 generation

skarsgard

PostThu Jul 11, 2019 10:30 am

I deactivated my Nvidia display card in device manager and started DR 16. For some reason it can now open the project that I tried to open previously when DR 16 turned white and did not respond. When I had DR 16 up and running in a project I activated the Nvidia display card again. I would not call this a solution, but it is a work around that might work until Blackmagic can fix the issue.

Return to DaVinci Resolve