Title pixelated for some reason?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

FriendlyWire

Title pixelated for some reason?

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 1:21 am

I recently started using DaVinci Resolve 15, and I should mention that I am quite new to the game. I created a short video you can see here: https://twitter.com/FriendlyWire/status ... 9291619328

The format of the video is MP4 with the codec H.262. Please let me know if you need additional information and I will to my best to provide it.

My question is simple: why is the title so pixelated (in particular, the second line of text)? I never had this problem in Adobe Premiere Pro, but I am still getting used to DaVinci Resolve 15. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help.

Best wishes
Jens

Igor Riđanović

Re: Title pixelated for some reason?

PostThu Apr 11, 2019 5:39 am

The titler in Resolve edit page can produce bad aliasing. I only use it for slates. You should use Fusion title templates or make your own titles in Fusion. They are very clean.

I'm very curious about PICkit 3. What is it?
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

FriendlyWire

PostMon Apr 15, 2019 2:35 am

Hi Igor, thanks for your quick response! I was just on YouTube looking for tutorials on Fusion Titles and guess whose video I found? Yours! [ Youtube video ID wj_tbMr9Ypw , for some reason I am not allowed to post URLs ]

I am trying to create a simple static title in Fusion that just mimicks the lower 3rd title with a background of opacity 50%, so I think I should be able to figure it out. Thanks!

The PICkit3 is a device you can use to transfer machine code onto a microcontroller. I am starting a YouTube channel about electronics where I explain these sorts of things, but so far I am still struggling with Resolve. Many thanks!

By the way, why does the titler create bad aliasing? Everything else works so well!

Best wishes
Jens

Miroslaw Lawczys

PostTue May 14, 2019 12:41 am

Hi,

I experience exactly the same problem with DaVinci Resolve 15. With previous versions of DaVinci Resolve I have never had this issue. I use white text on black background. It renders pixellated no matter what font or size I use. I render highest quality so video itself is good - just text is plain poor.

Perhaps there is some new setting somewhere which I am missing?

Mirek

Return to DaVinci Resolve