sidechain affects 1 channel of stereo music track

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

motioncircus

sidechain affects 1 channel of stereo music track

PostThu May 16, 2019 6:31 am

Hi folks,

I've been loving the new sidechain feature for audio ducking and finding it quite intuitive, however I just noticed in my current project (with freshly installed Resolve 16 beta 2), that a mono narration track which is 'sending' to the sidechain, only results in ducking one side of my stereo 'listening' tracks. Not only this but it isn't consistent in which side of the stereo that gets ducked ie. one music track has it's left channel ducked, the next music track has it's right channel ducked.

While trying to figure this out and also attempting to reduce the amount of 'listening' sidechain compressor settings I need to tweak, I tried routing all music tracks to a sub mix and applying the audio ducking to said submix However the sidechain option isn't present in the sub mix channel's dynamics pane.

I've also been wondering if it's possible to have more than one 'send' sidechain track?

Any suggestions?

Cheers
WIN 10, Pro N 64-bit (10.0 Build 17763), i7-67000K, (8 CPUs) 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970 4GB RAM

Return to DaVinci Resolve