BRAW Files Totally Black in Resolve 16

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ddamron88

BRAW Files Totally Black in Resolve 16

PostSat May 18, 2019 9:54 pm

I posted this issue elsewhere, but I thought I'd mention it here in the official 16 Beta sub-forum. Forgive me if this is not OK, I'm sure a moderator will catch it though.

BRAW files will not play in 16 for me, they are totally black video, while the thumbs look like static. These same files are not corrupted and work perfectly fine in 15, they also work fine on my laptop in 16. So, I believe it is a hardware / setting issue with my PC.

Ryzen 7 1700
RX580
32gb Ram
Samsung SSDs
Last edited by ddamron88 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

ddamron88

Re: BRAW Files Totally Black in Resolve 16

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 am

I actually solved the issue myself accidentally. I found a tutorial on Youtube on how to have installs of both 15 and 16. It simply involved renaming the install folder for 15 to "Resolve 15" then installing 16. After doing this, 16 seems to run OK the first time I open it after closing 15. If I close it, or restart, I have to open 15 again to get it to work properly.

Sorry for the dual posts in the same sub forum. I thought I'd posted one in a different place, just a mistake. How do I get a mod to delete a thread?

Return to DaVinci Resolve