Syncing Macros, Scripts, P. Grades across multiple computers

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mattpf

Syncing Macros, Scripts, P. Grades across multiple computers

PostWed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm

So we've moved to Resolve Studio 15 and have the shared database thing going on on an old Mac Pro with Linux on it. Got hourly backups going and a daily optimize script running. Databases backed up nightly to Amazon Glacier. Getting an aux. server setup. Really digging the collaboration in Resolve.

I've made a few custom Macros in Fusion and moved them into the Macros dir for Resolve for some graphics. We've each got our own keyboard settings. We'll also be creating some Power Grades and I'm going to write some scripts to automate a few things. We've got some stuff like kick ass keyer, etc.

Basically we've got a bunch of other little things that would need to be shared amongst the various workstations. What's an easy way to share and sync these kinds of assets between work stations? My first thought is Rsync. Anyone done this before? Thoughts?

Return to DaVinci Resolve