Low CPU Usage in Fusion Tab

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jlsmith

Low CPU Usage in Fusion Tab

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 1:13 am

Does the 'Simultaneous branching' option exist in the Resolve integrated version of Fusion? I'm getting as low as only 10% CPU usage in the fusion tab during playback or when rendering savers. After googling the problem a bit it seems the solution in the standalone version of Fusion is to enable 'Simultaneous branching' and increase the number of frames being rendered at once, but I can't seem to find this option in the Resolve version of Fusion.

If not that then is there anything else I can do to get fusion to use more of my CPU? I'm currently on an 8700k but I'm planning on getting a system with a lot more cores soon and it would be a shame if fusion doesn't benefit from it. Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Low CPU Usage in Fusion Tab

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 am

We are moving more Fusion processing to GPU so the cpu can deal with decoding and general app operation.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve