FFS can someone help getting Resolved launched?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JRedstar

FFS can someone help getting Resolved launched?

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 2:38 pm

I been reading on forums back some years Resolve crashes on 'looking for control surfaces' This is damned annoying! I can sometimes open Resolve, in fact, I even started a new project on it - then BAM! oh! won't open any more! FFS!

Contacted support their response was "Your computer may not be powerful enough for Resolve"! That's it! Yeah. core i7, GTX 970 and 32gig of RAM and like i said, sometime it launches - MOST of the time it won't! I really wanted to switch over from Premiere and buy this full version of Resolve but for now it won't even launch most of the time!

and I am Win 10 btw. I have searched and searched forums and I know this issue goes back several versions and apparently nobody can really figure out how to make the program launch! basic computers 101 I would think. It is white listed on the Firewall, I tried disabling the Firewall and Defender, turned off completely UAC - NOTHING works . so damn frustrating

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: FFS can someone help getting Resolved launched?

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 12:39 am

Are you trying 15.3?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

JRedstar

Re: FFS can someone help getting Resolved launched?

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 am

Ive tried on 16, deleted that, tried it on 15. Have 16 installed again. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it launches properly and then works fine

Return to DaVinci Resolve