So, uh, not to sound stupid but how do I find the toolbox?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

pulsarpixie

So, uh, not to sound stupid but how do I find the toolbox?

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 pm

Okay, so, hello people of DaVinci Resolve! Call me Pixie. I'm trying to make a video project abt my mental illness and I thought I'd donwload this shiny Resolve program to edit it with. Pretty simple stuff: me talking, tangentially related shots, just a little passion project I wrote the script for in like 2 sittings that I really wanna make a reality.
So, I wanted to open with an animated title. Easy enough. Except it's not.
I found a tutorial by Ripple Training (won't let me post URLs... it's some "animated text in under 5 minutes" thing) which seems great, but I can't for the life of me find the toolbox it's talking about and it's driving me up the WALL. =^( I know it's probably right under my nose but I've looked over the interface several times... I wish mine was similar to the video's but Alas. Is there some kinda keyboard shortcut or something? I just... don't have the bar this guy does. where he has the toolbox icon, I don't have the tab, I just have the tab that says DaVinci Resolve 15.
If someone could just... point out to me what I'm missing, that'd be super cool. Thank you in advance!

Return to DaVinci Resolve