Display LUT performance issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

wireless112

Display LUT performance issue

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 2:15 am

Scenario -
Monitor on decklink is no where near as accurate as the pc monitor is.

Used DisplayCal and Spyder5 to "Calibrate" all pc monitors and to create a LUT for use within DR to address the color issues of my monitor. I use the calibrate term very loosely. The color temp differences of the backlight between my HP and Dell monitors seems impossible to overcome entirely with this setup.

This procedure actually worked quite well....with stills.

Once playback was started (within color page) it was poor, about 36fps.

Bypassed Nodes and performance issue remained.

The only thing I could do to get smooth playback back again was to set the color viewer lut to follow the video monitor lut. Even though color viewer was set to "No LUT Selected" Even setting the video monitor to "No Lut Selected" Behavior also occurs if color viewer is set to follow video monitor, and scopes are set to "No LUT Selected"

This is my first time trying this setup, I got sick of the monitors not even being close. So I don't know if this is expected behavior or not. I can't imagine you would want a monitor calibration lut applying to scopes, so I imagine this must be a bug of sorts.

I would expect this issue rather easy to duplicate on the bench. If not I'll upload the logs if you require. Footage is 4 tracks of 1920x1080 59.94P. All Pro Res.
Jeremy Johnson

System Build -
Gigabyte Designare EX
Threadripper 1950X
64 GB of DDR4 3600
1 - 3080 ti - Studio 551.61
1- Intensity Pro 4K - Driver 12.8.1
1 - Win 10 Pro for WS - Version 22H2 - Build 19045.2846
Resolve Studio 18.6.5 Build 7

Return to DaVinci Resolve