Fairlight Presets Library Not Showing Presets

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tbmosweu

Fairlight Presets Library Not Showing Presets

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:16 am

I recently bought some audio presets, unfortunately I can not seem to get them to work with DaVinci Resolve 16 even though supplier says they should. The presets don't load up at all... however, I have no issue in Resolve 15. So, my question: Is there a difference between the two Presets Library and what should I do to fix this problem?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fairlight Presets Library Not Showing Presets

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:18 am

Resolve supports VST and VST2 plugins. is that what you are referring too?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:28 am

tbmosweu wrote:I recently bought some audio presets, unfortunately I can not seem to get them to work with DaVinci Resolve 16
What is your system spec: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

On macOS, Resolve 16's Presets Library is located within:
Users/Home/Library/Preferences/Black Magic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Fairlight/Presets

Dedicated folders are available for Channel, Console, Dynamics, EQ and Plugins.
Each folder contains .dat files - one for each preset.

In what format are the Preset files you purchased and where are they located in the directory structure?

So, my question: Is there a difference between the two Presets Library and what should I do to fix this problem?
On macOS, the Presets Library moved from it's default location in version 15, to the directory outlined above for version 16.

tbmosweu

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:42 am

I am using a HP Z8 G4 system with Nvidia P5000 GPU, windows 10.

And the presets are in the presets folder which I had to create since there was non in the path below: C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences\Fairlight\Presets and the presets are .dat files.

tbmosweu

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 8:49 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Resolve supports VST and VST2 plugins. is that what you are referring too?

No. Audio presets for Fairlight such as custom EQ etc. And normally, should be able to access this under Fairlight - Presets Library ... and nothing is showing at all in Resolve 16 ... however, Resolve 15 is working properly.
Attachments
Screenshot (62).png
Pathway
Screenshot (62).png (41.17 KiB) Viewed 546 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve