Is support for dual display planned in Resolve 16?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

indieshack

Is support for dual display planned in Resolve 16?

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 5:57 pm

I recently happened upon DaVinci Resolve after getting back into editing and am very happy with it - to the point of buying a license after a few days. I'm still learning, and I figured there MUST be a way of sending playback to an additional monitor attached to my iMac Pro. But it looks like there isn't. This is the single biggest impediment for many folks efficiently using the software.

I get it that the software is a loss-leader for BM's hardware, but on an iMac Pro or laptop I don't really have the option of using an extra card to playback to a second display, and for many of us who aren't preparing reference-quality material simply specifying output to an additionally attached LCD screen is all that's wanted.

Before Resolve 16 comes out of beta, is there any plan to support playback on an additional monitor short of buying a BM card?

Thanks
Greg Quinn

roger.magnusson

Re: Is support for dual display planned in Resolve 16?

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 8:46 pm

UltraStudio Mini would work for HD. But full screen 2nd display is coming: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92552

indieshack

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 10:13 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:UltraStudio Mini would work for HD. But full screen 2nd display is coming: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=92552

Well that's great - I do hope it makes version 16

------- Update
Huh - "when the new Mac Pro ships" - that won't be until fall at the earliest - why is this feature linked to a shipping Mac Pro? A lot of us running iMacs and/or laptops need it now!

Jim Simon

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 3:38 pm

indieshack wrote:additional monitor attached to my iMac Pro.

Better to attach it properly.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve